U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If they are in fact illegals there is a hundred other restaurants that would hire them. E verify isnt being proposed by any politcal party at state or nation level.
That's because some states and locals have implemented it already, to include some business owners, too. https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

 
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If they are in fact illegals there is a hundred other restaurants that would hire them. E verify isnt being proposed by any politcal party at state or nation level.
E Verify IS the law here in Arizona.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If they are in fact illegals there is a hundred other restaurants that would hire them. E verify isnt being proposed by any politcal party at state or nation level.
I think you're wrong. I believe that e-verify is a part of one of the proposed "amnesties" currently being put together by either the House or the Senate. Without it we will just see the next batch of illegals come in to take jobs vacated by the newly amenstied ones.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,271,003 times
Reputation: 5901
Default What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There are a lot more within the article but the above are a few mentioned.
What would happen is low-skills rednecks would find some other excuse for not getting off their collective azz and finding a job... instead of collecting Section 8, foodstamps, SSI, and all the other welfare they think being an Amurikin ''entitles'' them to. We'd also have a big drop in tax revenues, and groceries would suddenly go thru the roof. Oh, and a helluva lot of ''anti-illegal'' ranters here would have to go get a life!
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
What would happen is low-skills rednecks would find some other excuse for not getting off their collective azz and finding a job... instead of collecting Section 8, foodstamps, SSI, and all the other welfare they think being an Amurikin ''entitles'' them to. We'd also have a big drop in tax revenues, and groceries would suddenly go thru the roof. Oh, and a helluva lot of ''anti-illegal'' ranters here would have to go get a life!
And Mexico's government would be in total outrage because it most definitely does not want these people ever coming back home.

Funny Mexico does not view them as hard working taxpayers -- if it diid it would want them back.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:27 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,271,003 times
Reputation: 5901
Nah, Mexico would mostly miss all the money they send back home...
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
this is one heck of a big if statement. but it would cause wages to go up.
and whites to take fast food, janitor, and gardening jobs.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
What would happen is low-skills rednecks would find some other excuse for not getting off their collective azz and finding a job... instead of collecting Section 8, foodstamps, SSI, and all the other welfare they think being an Amurikin ''entitles'' them to. We'd also have a big drop in tax revenues, and groceries would suddenly go thru the roof. Oh, and a helluva lot of ''anti-illegal'' ranters here would have to go get a life!
Uh; it ain't just a low class "anglo white" thing there: many Latinas do like you just described. Sheesh!

So food prices go up a bit? MOST of us can lose a pound or 2.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,271,003 times
Reputation: 5901
But unfortunately what would probably go up the most would be the stuff that's good for us, like fruits & veggies, with something like 40% of the nation's fresh produce coming from Cali! In fact odds are that most anyone with a farm in this country would suddenly be hurting for labor... which time and again our ''natives'' have proved they don't wanna do!
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:30 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
What would happen is low-skills rednecks would find some other excuse for not getting off their collective azz and finding a job... instead of collecting Section 8, foodstamps, SSI, and all the other welfare they think being an Amurikin ''entitles'' them to. We'd also have a big drop in tax revenues, and groceries would suddenly go thru the roof. Oh, and a helluva lot of ''anti-illegal'' ranters here would have to go get a life!
Lots of assumption, short on actual fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
But unfortunately what would probably go up the most would be the stuff that's good for us, like fruits & veggies, with something like 40% of the nation's fresh produce coming from Cali! In fact odds are that most anyone with a farm in this country would suddenly be hurting for labor... which time and again our ''natives'' have proved they don't wanna do!
Fuel costs have greater increase on food production than do wages. If pickers wages increased by double, overall costs at the end would increase by mere pennies. UC Davis has already shown this.

That farm labor can be brought in under an unlimited H2A visa, yet it is hardly used, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top