Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paasche209 View Post
So you are making the prejudice that Americans are lazy and Mexicans are hard workers. Kinda reverse racism don't you think? Oh that's right, in this country racism towards white people isn't racism. ndfmnlf, you need to stop telling me I need to go get educated, I worked my way up from the bottom like many Americans do, paid my dues and I am extremely good at my job. Too bad you can't be educated to learn some common sense.
Very well stated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 02:48 PM

140 posts, read 111,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post

Hey,
Illegal=contrary to the law,,,violating the law,,,,,not legal....

You can love who ever you want as I do, but by your own words, they have

LAW BREAKING HABITS...MAYBE IN CA. you people think that law breaking

habits are okay but not where I come from...ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL..see

above... GOOD AND HONEST?????? HOW DO YOU FIGURE?????

We are not talking about love we are talking about violating the

law. Because of this love are you pardoned from doing your duty as an

American to turn these law breakers in to the authorities? I think not.

I don't know any place that JESUS told us in his teaching that it is okay

to break the law, any law..

LOVE THE U.S.A.
Didn't Jesus say "Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasars and give unto God what is Gods".

Old 10-28-2007, 02:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Quote:
So you are making the prejudice that Americans are lazy and Mexicans are hard workers. Kinda reverse racism don't you think? Oh that's right, in this country racism towards white people isn't racism.
Lazy is not the word I would use, but hey, if it works for you. In any society some rise some sink, the sinkers don't work very hard, that is why they are sinkers.

But, that white Americans won't do field work is proved each day that white Americans don't show up to work in the fields and Mexican Americans do.
John McCain proved it when he offered $50,000 to any white who would spend a season in the Yuma lettuce fields, he had no takers.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:52 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,376 times
[B]AMERICAN CULTURE LOOKS FAVORABLY ON:
(1) Honesty
(2) Polite conversation
(3) The Rule of Law
(4) Protection of the rights of women and minorities
(5) Free Speech
(6) Special protections for children and young people
(7) Freedom of religion
[/b]

Honesty: This all sounds well and good, but how many of the people you elect and re-elect follow that principle? And why are they not condemned here? "I did not have sex with that woman" and he would have been re-elected because America "looks favorably on honesty? Weapons of mass destruction, etc. etc.

Rules are broken all the time and accepted as such (just depends what your poison is) with fewer consequences to the wealthy, and no one seems to care about that.

How many cops truly defend minorities? They are even more culpable than the rest of us as we see on the news all the time. How many minorities are serving time for crimes that for which they have been proven innocent? Were they protected? How many cops defend women in domestic abuse cases? Most simply shrug their shoulders.

Free speech is OK but don't say it in front of a higher authority than yourself and you will see how really free it is.

There are fewer children and young people under protection than before. Look at school shootings when warnings were ignored if someone had cared enough to pay attention.

American culture may LOOK favorably on these things and many still have it in their hearts, but what is actually happening is not as you state, so what good it to LOOK favorably upon it and when it is not put into practice?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 PM

38 posts, read 173,451 times
Default Laws are Laws as Any Fool Can See

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
no one wants anyone to conform to an ideal....or conform to one thought..they just want people to conform to the law
why is that so hard for you to understand?
Disobedience to unjust law is at the root of American culture, no? Were not the Tea Party guys acting "illegally"? Rosa Parks broke the law drinking from a "white" water fountain. The measure of a good American is not how law-abiding he is, else we would still be British colonies.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 PM

140 posts, read 111,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
This bears repeating;

Comments like that just **** me off. You got a problem with Mexicans, move. Mexicans go to work, raise families, pay taxes, fall in love, love their children just like everyone else.
People like you supported putting the Japanese in internment camps during WWII.
People like you cried about the "Yellow Peril" and outlawed asian immigration for decades.
People like you hated the Irish immigrants,
People like you hated the Italian immigrants,
People like you hated Eastern European immigrants.
People like you owned people unlike you.

You eat food, right? Vegetables once in a while? Where do you think they came from, who do you think grew them, harvested them packed them?

6:00 AM in the morning the Mexicans start work, 6 days a week. They work their butts off for you.

Every Mexican you see, you should thank, and you should thank whatever god you have that your circumstances are so much better that you do not have to do stoop labor in the fields.
You think the illegals are here to "Work their butts off for you"? Thank the illegals for all they do for us? Like contaminating our food?
Take a look at the video on youtube MOD CUT and if you don't start growing your own food you are crazy. These people absolutely hate Americans. You and your family will be safer when you realize this!

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-28-2007 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: vulgar video

Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 PM

24 posts, read 44,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Lazy is not the word I would use, but hey, if it works for you. In any society some rise some sink, the sinkers don't work very hard, that is why they are sinkers.

But, that white Americans won't do field work is proved each day that white Americans don't show up to work in the fields and Mexican Americans do.
John McCain proved it when he offered $50,000 to any white who would spend a season in the Yuma lettuce fields, he had no takers.
MOD CUT Start advertising that field workers get paid $20-30, instead of having a majority of the public believe that they make $4 and hour, and you will have workers, guaranteed. That's more than what most people I know make. And I worked on my Uncle's farm in Minnesota, and I'm no stranger to back breaking work from sun up to sun down. For you to say Americans don't have the stamina or ability to do it is ridiculous. Give me that $50k, I'll go do it right now.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-28-2007 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: personal comments

Old 10-28-2007, 03:11 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,376 times
(1) Honesty
(2) Polite conversation
(3) The Rule of Law
(5) Free Speech
(7) Freedom of religion
[/b]

Honesty: This all sounds well and good, but how many of the people you elect and re-elect follow that principle? And why are they not condemned here? "I did not have sex with that woman" and he would have been re-elected because America "looks favorably on honesty? Weapons of mass destruction, etc. etc.

Rules are broken all the time and accepted as such (just depends what your poison is) with fewer consequences to the wealthy, and no one seems to care about that.

How many cops truly defend minorities? They are even more culpable than the rest of us as we see on the news all the time. How many minorities are serving time for crimes that for which they have been proven innocent? Were they protected? How many cops defend women in domestic abuse cases? Most simply shrug their shoulders.

Free speech is OK but don't say it in front of a higher authority than yourself and you will see how really free it is.

There are fewer children and young people under protection than before. Look at school shootings when warnings were ignored if someone had cared enough to pay attention.

American culture may LOOK favorably on these things and many still have it in their hearts, but what is actually happening is not as you state, so what good it to LOOK favorably upon it and when it is not put into practice?

Last edited by Lillietta; 10-28-2007 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: repeated

Old 10-28-2007, 03:14 PM

38 posts, read 173,451 times
Default Jesus Says: "Laws are laws as any fool can see."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
I don't know any place that JESUS told us in his teaching that it is okay
to break the law, any law..
LOVE THE U.S.A.
Hmmm, weren't those early Christians fed to the lions for breaking Roman law? They must have gone straight to hell for violating Jesus' teachings. Don't get so wrapped up in that flag that you blind yourself.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
(1) Honesty
(2) Polite conversation
(3) The Rule of Law
(5) Free Speech
(7) Freedom of religion
[/b]

What you say is true---no system works all the time, good parents occasionally have bad kids, and so on. But at least we must try to reach these idealistic goals, rather than simply give up...And some cultural systems are better, and more decent, and more caring than others. That was my point.

Another point, though, is may be even more telling, and it's this: The very things you mention as "failures" are, to some degree, the RESULT of our veering away from these ideals, not the cause of it. That's one of my constant "rants"--that if we DON'T discipline ourselves, (for example, in personal responsibility, etc) we invite the heavy hand of authority to step in and do it for us. That's exactly what's happening--- the "cops" and the courts can't come anywhere near doing the job a responsible parent SHOULD HAVE done---all "the system" can really do is "clean up the mess". They can't raise decent citizens. Parents are supposed to do that.
So to some extent, I still say that our culture advocates these "good" things,---- and that most of what our culture advocates, if we FOLLOWED it, would result in peace and prosperity for all.

Certainly I'm not saying this is 100% foolproof. But I can and do say that the culture of America offers the overall best "deal" for the biggest slice of humanity anywhere.....and our rate of immigration over the years proves this.
Cuba, Algeria, and North Korea don't have to worry about any illegals "swamping" their countries---ever wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration