U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:21 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I know Jesus loves illegal immigrants regardless of their legal status like I know he loves every human being, including me and you! So I choose to love people regardless of law breaking habits! With that said, grew up in California, know many illegal immigrants who are good and honest people! By many, I mean over a 100!
I know many illegals, including former ones in my own family. And I'm familiar with Jesus---and in regular communication with Him. He does love illegal aliens, just as you say. He also loves rapists. murderers, and third-world dictators. He loves EVERYBODY, even racists---so bringing Him into this discussion isn't really relevant.

We can't, as decent people, deport huge numbers of people living here. That just won't happen. But just as surely, we must do something about illegal immigration, or the society we have will simply not be sustainable. That isn't my opinion, that's simple economic fact. ANY neighborhood can be "ruined"--that's easy. Just stop enforcing the laws and rules, watch as the residents become discouraged and begin to "give up" and leave, and "bingo", you've got a slum. Don't you see that a country is no different? There's nothing making the US any better place than any other country, except our unique system of laws and culture. Lose that, and we become like Russia, or South Africa. Huge numbers of people coming here without the legal right, and without being required to assimilate in any way, will eventually cause this system to collapse. It has NOTHING to do with hatred, racism, or anything of the sort. No group, no club, no organization of any kind could exist if it didn't distinguish between "members" and "non-members"......

The fantastic thing is that we're even debating this at all. No one defends thieves, trespassers, burglars, or people who steal towels from motels, even though JESUS LOVES these people (remember, He died between two thieves). Illegal immigration is illegal, and pointing out the "nice" illegals has no bearing on that fact. There are "nice" thieves and "nice" trespassers, too. But they are still not tolerated in our system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Yes it is that simple, if we hadn't allowed millions to already gain access, find jobs, get housing and integrate. Simple at inception of the law, not so simple to do after the fact.
I brought this up months ago---I HOPE this post isn't what it sounds like---are you saying "We've already let so many in, that it wouldn't be fair to those who aren't here yet, to stop them now". In other words, "You already let HIM in, you've GOT to let me in too". If so, this is a pretty depressing way to look at it, and there's no solution.
I hope I've misunderstood you...

Last edited by macmeal; 10-25-2007 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 AM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Reputation: 6264
70% of the babies born at Dallas Parkland Hospital are from illegal alien mothers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I brought this up months ago---I HOPE this post isn't what it sounds like---are you saying "We've already let so many in, that it wouldn't be fair to those who aren't here yet, to stop them now". In other words, "You already let HIM in, you've GOT to le me in too". If so, this is a pretty depressing way to look at it, and there's no solution.
I hope I've misunderstood you...
I don't necessarily mean let more in, by all means enforce the laws diplomatically if possible. Let's help each other out as neighbors and not build walls (they won't work anyways).

What I am talking about is deporting the illegal workers that are already here in the US, that do work, let's allow them a choice to be legal Americans or leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM
 
4,182 posts, read 5,657,999 times
Reputation: 1719
Quote:
"The simple fact is: our border hospitals are struggling to remain in business because they can no longer afford to absorb the cost of providing medical care to undocumented immigrants," McCain said. "As hospitals and emergency rooms close, citizens across the state and the nation will face higher health care costs and reduced access to care. It is time the federal government took responsibility for this problem, before the crisis worsens."

This is an opinion from McCain. What you should present is a direct cause and effect relationship between illegal aliens and hospital bankruptcy. What I see from experience is a direct causal relationship between people who don't pay their bills and hospital bankruptcy. But that is different from saying illegal aliens cause the bankruptcy. You have failed to establish your argument, which was specious to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,885 posts, read 5,992,827 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
70% of the babies born at Dallas Parkland Hospital are from illegal alien mothers.
This nation is going to implode if this keeps up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 AM
 
14,196 posts, read 7,399,448 times
Reputation: 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I don't necessarily mean let more in, by all means enforce the laws diplomatically if possible. Let's help each other out as neighbors and not build walls (they won't work anyways).

What I am talking about is deporting the illegal workers that are already here in the US, that do work, let's allow them a choice to be legal Americans or leave.
Lets see, In one thread you speak of California succeeding from the USA because they, in you words supply the greatest of things, but here you want to help eachother out as neighbors. Now I'm tryin to stay unemotional but this seems kind of, well it frustrates me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lets see, In one thread you speak of California succeeding from the USA because they, in you words supply the greatest of things, but here you want to help eachother out as neighbors. Now I'm tryin to stay unemotional but this seems kind of, well it frustrates me.
Neighbors of Mexico that is. Honestly, I think California is more a neighbor to Mexico and Asia than to the rest of the states, our culture doesn't match the rest of the US, but let's not get off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 AM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Reputation: 8519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Neighbors of Mexico that is. Honestly, I think California is more a neighbor to Mexico and Asia than to the rest of the states, our culture doesn't match the rest of the US, but let's not get off topic.

If I'm not mistaken, Northern and Southern California are worlds apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Northern and Southern California are worlds apart.
Yes but we are still one Cali, I spend time in both for my job living in Newport Beach and Foster City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top