Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 AM

447 posts, read 798,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
You anti's crack me up. Funny about that anchor thing. I know a heck of a lot of illegals, and they work. They did not come here for welfare, they came here to work. Mom and Dad, often two jobs each.
The illegals ya'll whine about are working for the American Dream. The only reason they are illegal is the 200 year old advent of the Nation State.

If they are in the Southwest, I got no problem. America conquered the Southwest in an illegal war of aggression (Polk's idea was to add more slave states to counter balance the North). If the Mexicans come here, they are coming to land that was once part and parcel of Los Estados Unidos De Mexico.

If the Chicoms conquered the West of the US would you not still consider it America?

past aside...last time i got my mail, it was delivered to an american address.
u.s.a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Huh? Are you still hung up on the " English that Columbus spoke"? Do you not understand what I said? Let me repeat: the English spoken during the time of Columbus was different from the English spoken today. Whether Columbus himself spoke English is irrelevant. I only used Columbus as a marker for time, i.e., for the 15th century AD. I could have said, the English spoken during the 15th century was different from the English spoken today, and it would have meant the same thing. MOD CUT

then why did you not say that?
i really feel you are trying to start something here, and do not appreciate your condescending tone...
but hey, thats what my military family has fought for...for you to have free speech, so...........enjoy the freedom....and i will agree to disagree with you.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Laws can be changed. Constitutions can be amended. Borders can be redrawn. Cultural habits can be modified. Slavery used to be legal in this country; now it isn't. Women and minorities used to be unable to vote. Now they can. Abortion is legal in this country. Many people want to overturn its legality. Can illegal aliens be legalized? Yes they can. It only takes the stroke of a pen. Since you say you want to obey the law, will you accept it if the US government were to legalize all illegal aliens?

of course i would...but i do believe it shouldnt lie on their shoulders anymore...since they've all done such a horrible job.....i say let americans speak, and allow a special vote just for this issue...lets see how many want to do what you think we should.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:59 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
Quote:
past aside
Which is why America is in the mess it is in today, both internally and externally. Americans think that they live outside history, they don't. The past is prologue.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by greatbasinguide
Let me be clear about this, I am not expressing right or wrong, good or bad. Their should not be illegal immigration, but to think that Hispanic illegal immigrants are welfare recipients, lazy, bad people is just nonsense and is very likely racism.

I see on this board emotion not facts, opinions not facts, base your opinions on the actual data.

Daily Oregonian

Las Vegas Review Journal

Foundation for economic education

i have provided a court case...crcr961553...new mexico vs. roberto flores..this is as factual as it gets, emotions of mine are set aside, even if this is about my familiy...i hope no-one else ever has to deal with an illegal or the law that protects them after their crime...

public information attainable at albuquerque district court

Old 10-28-2007, 09:28 AM

537 posts, read 441,205 times
Illegals happen to be the "chosen" people as of late. They are allowed to do as they please while Americans have to pay for them and their scum sucking ways.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:41 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
This bears repeating;

Comments like that just **** me off. You got a problem with Mexicans, move. Mexicans go to work, raise families, pay taxes, fall in love, love their children just like everyone else.
People like you supported putting the Japanese in internment camps during WWII.
People like you cried about the "Yellow Peril" and outlawed asian immigration for decades.
People like you hated the Irish immigrants,
People like you hated the Italian immigrants,
People like you hated Eastern European immigrants.
People like you owned people unlike you.

You eat food, right? Vegetables once in a while? Where do you think they came from, who do you think grew them, harvested them packed them?

6:00 AM in the morning the Mexicans start work, 6 days a week. They work their butts off for you.

Every Mexican you see, you should thank, and you should thank whatever god you have that your circumstances are so much better that you do not have to do stoop labor in the fields.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:44 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
This bears repeating;

Comments like that just **** me off. You got a problem with Mexicans, move. Mexicans go to work, raise families, pay taxes, fall in love, love their children just like everyone else.
People like you cried about the "Yellow Peril" and outlawed asian immigration for decades.

You eat food, right? Vegetables once in a while? Where do you think they came from, who do you think grew them, harvested them packed them?

6:00 AM in the morning the Mexicans start work, 6 days a week. They work their butts off for you.

Every Mexican you see, you should thank, and you should thank whatever god you have that your circumstances are so much better that you do not have to do stoop labor in the fields.
And people like you support slave like labor conditions for illegals so you can enjoy cheap produce, cheap homes, and cheap living.

At least you have compassion for them. Sort of.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
This bears repeating;

Let me put it this way:

If us Americans are too arrogant to work at 'menial' jobs: either the wages go up; or we as a nation do not deserve to exist.

Simple enough?

BTW: I am of recent Eastern European heritage on my father's side------he emigrated from Hungary in 1951.

As for 'Mexicans' working under those conditions: if they were legal; they would likely lose a lot of their so-called 'work ethic'------because they would have rights and can then demand them.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear

As for 'Mexicans' working under those conditions: if they were legal; they would likely lose a lot of their 'work ethic'------because they would have rights and can then demand them.

BINGO.

It's easy to see through the smoke. Capitalists always put #1 first, even if it looks like they're looking out for the interests of #9.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration