U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When you have time or wish to... read the opinion[s]. take your time.
Damn Dude, Really? I have read all the opinions in regards to Plyler, I quoted Brennan as he was the one who wrote the Majorities Opinion that the others agreed/disagreed with. I'm guessing that you have no understanding of how to actually comprehend a ruling from a court.

Take my time? I see you haven't a clue as to what was actually said by SCOTUS, so hows about you pointing out (the actual quote) your ignorant claim in their opinions and giving the link(s) to it/them.

You do realize that "public education is not a right", right? Brennan
Quote:
Public education is not a "right" granted to individuals by the Constitution. San Antonio Independent School Dist. v. Rodriguez, 411 U.S. 1, 35 (1973).

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-11-2013 at 12:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 PM

1,859 posts, read 1,957,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
I attended a very enjoyable political focus group on the topic of immigration reform and I was shocked at the large number of people who wanted to allow pretty much anyone the right to travel to America without a VISA and let them stay as long as they want. What ever country in the world you live in currently, if you want to come to America and spend your money, come on in.

Do you support this and if so please tell us why!
Yes, most of these people are immigrants as well, or second generation immigrants, or minorities who believe this will overthrow the white majority, because it's OK for them to be racist. They want to be emersed in "white" culture, but they hate the white people. --Not realizing that someone has to pay the taxes which support their subsidies.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, most of these people are immigrants as well, or second generation immigrants, or minorities who believe this will overthrow the white majority, because it's OK for them to be racist. They want to be emersed in "white" culture, but they hate the white people. --Not realizing that someone has to pay the taxes which support their subsidies.
I guess I could understand how some people would fear-monger this falsehood, as well as a fallacy of "open borders"...

Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 PM

31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I guess I could understand how some people would fear-monger this falsehood, as well as a fallacy of "open borders"...
If you don't think that some of these illegal immigrants and even some legal immigrants and citizens don't hate non-hispanic whites based on some silly notion that we stole their land then you are in deep denial. You must be joking that some people don't advocate for open borders also. Right here in this forum some have admitted it and no I am not going to dig up those posts for you because you know it is true.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 AM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
Speaking of this, this video was posted about stricter immigration status and all the illegal supporters are coming out in droves. There are actually people saying they believe illegals should get welfare and that they would rather pay for an illegal to get welfare than help those in the military.

Plantation Economy? Immigration Reform Details Leaked - YouTube.

Last edited by Idon'tdateyou; 03-12-2013 at 01:26 AM..

Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,481,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I quoted the opinon of Brennan, I even gave the conclusion of Brennan and linked to the actual Opinion.

It was SCOTUS simply stating that it is the American people that regard education and [the] acquisition of knowledge as matters of supreme importance. Plyler is an EPC case against the state, not a ruling that stated that it is far better for society to have an educated populace.
so no...you did not or will not read the other majority opinions. that's ok. then your assesment is correct for the information you have.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
so no...you did not or will not read the other majority opinions. that's ok. then your assesment is correct for the information you have.
I did read all 5 opinions, none state what you claim.

As I thought, you can't provide any evidence/quote of your claim.

You might try reading comment #21 above.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,589,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You do realize that "public education is not a right", right? Brennan
Quote:
Public education is not a "right" granted to individuals by the Constitution. San Antonio Independent School Dist. v. Rodriguez, 411 U.S. 1, 35 (1973).
Public education is not a federal right.
All 50 state constitutions grant a state right to a free public education. (The case you are citing actually precedes, and even prompted, the push to add the right to free public education to every state constitution.)

Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
I attended a very enjoyable political focus group on the topic of immigration reform and I was shocked at the large number of people who wanted to allow pretty much anyone the right to travel to America without a VISA and let them stay as long as they want. What ever country in the world you live in currently, if you want to come to America and spend your money, come on in.

I think their logic is flawed and it is a terrible idea but I did not have a chance to sit down with them and discuss their opinion one on one. Since the focus group I have gone on lots of Internet Message Boards and have been shocked at the large number of posters who are in full support of a completely open US border. They say, if you want to come to America, please come and stay as long as you want, no matter who you are.

Do you support this and if so please tell us why!

I wonder who was in that particular focus group?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM

405 posts, read 358,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Libertarians support an open border, it's a policy plank for them
I might agree with that if not for entitlements and our high unemployment rate. As it sits, those who cross the open border get entitlements, thus costing the taxpayers more. They also take jobs that unemployed Americans could be doing, which is bad in a time of high unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration