Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,639,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Denver Public Schools would not suffer a 67% dropout/flunk rate because of thousands of illegal alien students speaking 41 different languages. At least 200,000 vehicles would vanish from our gridlocked cities in Colorado. Denver's 4% unemployment rate would vanish as our working poor would gain jobs at a living wage.
Quote:
In Florida, 1.5 million illegals would return the Sunshine State back to America, the rule of law, and English.
There are a lot more within the article but the above are a few mentioned.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,144,090 times
it would look like AZ, meaning when u go into a fast food joint old whites and young whites are working the counter.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,762,364 times
If this was only the reality.....

Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,119,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it would look like AZ, meaning when u go into a fast food joint old whites and young whites are working the counter.
Doesn't matter to me what color someone's skin is, as long as our jobs are going to Americans. Or, at the very least, going to people who have the proper authorization to work.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,913,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
If this was only the reality.....
If I'm going to fantasize, ain't going to be about 20 million illegal aliens.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,382,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post

I know what you mean believe me. But my problem is when you really cannot understand a thing the person behind the counter is saying,

I am one hate to have to have someone repeat something back. But believe me there are times i truly can't understand what is being saidto me.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM

281 posts, read 748,275 times
The illegal aliens would not be here unless there is an economic need and unmet employment shortage of those type of workers. The legal immigrants and unskilled white and black workers would not fill the need for the nasty dirty jobs that the illegal aliens are doing now.

I hate the fact that the illegals are in this country but understand why they are here and the economic and workforce challenges the country would face if they left.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM

62,536 posts, read 28,742,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
The illegal aliens would not be here unless there is an economic need and unmet employment shortage of those type of workers. The legal immigrants and unskilled white and black workers would not fill the need for the nasty dirty jobs that the illegal aliens are doing now.

I hate the fact that the illegals are in this country but understand why they are here and the economic and workforce challenges the country would face if they left.
You couldn't be more wrong. We have no employee shortage and there is no economic need for them other than the greedy employers who just want cheap, illegal labor to exploit for more profit. Please tell me what nasty dirty jobs that Americans and legal immigrants won't do. Please don't mention crop picking as only 3% of illegal immigrants are doing that and there are unlimited visas for legal foreingers for ag workers.

We might have a short, temporary setback if they all left but as in any place of business where raids have been conducted Americans lined up for those jobs. Illegal immigrants are costing us billions in tax dollars. It would be a boon to our tax coffers if they left. These greedy employers are passing their social costs on to us just for starters. What taxes these illegal immigrants pay into the system doesn't begin to cover their social costs. Please study up on this issue for the truth.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM

281 posts, read 748,275 times
I eat often at the OLD COUNTRY BUFFET and notice that the staff doing the dirty jobs is mostly immigrants. There is very little turnover of staff, the people stay forever. I "suspect" that a number of them are illegal aliens who stick around because they don't want the hassle of applying for another job with fake documents as more and more employers use E- Verify for NEW hires.

The managers love these dedicated illegal alien employees, with their low turnover. If they hired only legal workers for the dirty jobs they would see constant turnover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. We have no employee shortage and there is no economic need for them other than the greedy employers who just want cheap, illegal labor to exploit for more profit. Please tell me what nasty dirty jobs that Americans and legal immigrants won't do. Please don't mention crop picking as only 3% of illegal immigrants are doing that and there are unlimited visas for legal foreingers for ag workers.

We might have a short, temporary setback if they all left but as in any place of business where raids have been conducted Americans lined up for those jobs. Illegal immigrants are costing us billions in tax dollars. It would be a boon to our tax coffers if they left. These greedy employers are passing their social costs on to us just for starters. What taxes these illegal immigrants pay into the system doesn't begin to cover their social costs. Please study up on this issue for the truth.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM

62,536 posts, read 28,742,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
I eat often at the OLD COUNTRY BUFFET and notice that the staff doing the dirty jobs is mostly immigrants. There is very little turnover of staff, the people stay forever. I "suspect" that a number of them are illegal aliens who stick around because they don't want the hassle of applying for another job with fake documents as more and more employers use E- Verify for NEW hires.

The managers love these dedicated illegal alien employees, with their low turnover. If they hired only legal workers for the dirty jobs they would see constant turnover.
First off working in restaurants is a job that Americans have always done. Second, why do you suspect that these workers are illegal immigrants? Third, how do you know that this employer or any other employer has a high turnover if he hires citizens or legal immigrants? Illegal immigrants are no more dedicated than anyone else. It may appear that way simply because they are afraid of being caught and deported.

Why would you think it is ok the come to this country illegally and then work with fake or stolen documents? You do know that the latter is a felony, don't you? Employers have no right to hire illegal immigrants and illegal immigrants have no right to work in this country. It's against the law!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration