U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2007, 05:57 PM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Reputation: 8519

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They are targets of constant harassing? Racial discrimination?
And that has nothing to do with their perceived illegal status, unwillingness to learn the language, and constant MOD CUT about "manifest destiny" by their "leaders"?

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-27-2007 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: find better expressions

 
Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
38 posts, read 162,826 times
Reputation: 27
Default Immigration and New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
There is no difference between the raiding of Walmarts by U.S citizens in New Orleans and this. "But hey, Lets put it on the news because they're illegal." Right?

I was in New Orleans a few months ago. Two T-Shirts were on display in a shop window on Bourbon Street. The first said FEMA- Fix Everything My A** . The second said FEMA- Find Every Mexican Alive.

After all this time, New Orleans has not "bootstrapped" itself together, regardless of federal aid circumstance. The majority of the population packed up and left and there are insufficient local citizens working to rebuild. I really don't understand the resentments toward the Mexicans that flowed in (against the current) to take the reconstruction jobs. It seems to me that Orleaneans should be grateful.

Oh, somewhere eles in the Immigration Forums is a threat about a Mexican Fire Dept. detachment from Tijuana that is helping fight the fires in So. Cal.
I am pretty sure they got papers for it. If they didn't, I don't care.
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelintom View Post
I was in New Orleans a few months ago. Two T-Shirts were on display in a shop window on Bourbon Street. The first said FEMA- Fix Everything My A** . The second said FEMA- Find Every Mexican Alive.

After all this time, New Orleans has not "bootstrapped" itself together, regardless of federal aid circumstance. The majority of the population packed up and left and there are insufficient local citizens working to rebuild. I really don't understand the resentments toward the Mexicans that flowed in (against the current) to take the reconstruction jobs. It seems to me that Orleaneans should be grateful.

Oh, somewhere eles in the Immigration Forums is a threat about a Mexican Fire Dept. detachment from Tijuana that is helping fight the fires in So. Cal.
I am pretty sure they got papers for it. If they didn't, I don't care.
I've always believed that we all "make too much" of things-and that, really, if we're honest, most of our huge struggles are no more complicated than 8-year-old boys "tussling" in a school yard brawl.

The resentment you speak of above is probably very simple---the "outsiders" have stepped in and are doing the job the "locals" either can not, or will not, do. There may be lots of mitigating circumstances, but I think that's it in a nutshell.

The same emotion migh be seen if a wife complained for weeks about replacing the screen door, and the husband made 59 excuses why it "couldn't be done". One day the husband steps out, and the elderly neighbor comes by and installs a beautiful new screen door in 30 minutes...result? The husband, of course, would be embarrassed and critical. He'd be annoyed at the old neighbor and grumbling at the wife for "going outside" for help.

That's human nature.....
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM
 
140 posts, read 79,616 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Will this crap ever end?!?!?!

Los Angeles Times: Breaking News
This type of exploitation of American resources, especially in the wake of tragedy, is typical of the illegal immigrant mindset. They did the same thing after hurrican catrina.
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've always believed that we all "make too much" of things-and that, really, if we're honest, most of our huge struggles are no more complicated than 8-year-old boys "tussling" in a school yard brawl.

The resentment you speak of above is probably very simple---
Quote:
the "outsiders" have stepped in and are doing the job the "locals" either can not, or will not, do.
There may be lots of mitigating circumstances, but I think that's it in a nutshell.

The same emotion migh be seen if a wife complained for weeks about replacing the screen door, and the husband made 59 excuses why it "couldn't be done". One day the husband steps out, and the elderly neighbor comes by and installs a beautiful new screen door in 30 minutes...result? The husband, of course, would be embarrassed and critical. He'd be annoyed at the old neighbor and grumbling at the wife for "going outside" for help.

That's human nature.....
It's simple for you because you ignore the main issue.

Your outsiders stepped into this counrty "ILLEGALLY"!

You call that Human Nature?????????
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:34 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It's simple for you because you ignore the main issue.

Your outsiders stepped into this counrty "ILLEGALLY"!
Not arguing the point at all. I'm merely saying that if your toilet backs up, are you going to let your "amateur". unlicensed neighbor help out, NOW---or are you going to insist on getting an estimate from a licensed, bonded, certified plumber...who MIGHT show up tomorrow, between 8AM and 4PM, if he can?

Nothing in my post indicates an approval of illegal immigration. But if you had property in New Orleans, how much would you stand on principle?

Not criticizing you--only making a point....
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
 
140 posts, read 79,616 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've always believed that we all "make too much" of things-and that, really, if we're honest, most of our huge struggles are no more complicated than 8-year-old boys "tussling" in a school yard brawl.

The resentment you speak of above is probably very simple---the "outsiders" have stepped in and are doing the job the "locals" either can not, or will not, do. There may be lots of mitigating circumstances, but I think that's it in a nutshell.

The same emotion migh be seen if a wife complained for weeks about replacing the screen door, and the husband made 59 excuses why it "couldn't be done". One day the husband steps out, and the elderly neighbor comes by and installs a beautiful new screen door in 30 minutes...result? The husband, of course, would be embarrassed and critical. He'd be annoyed at the old neighbor and grumbling at the wife for "going outside" for help.

That's human nature.....
You sound like George Bush, Americans have never been afraid of hard work. This isn't an issue of fat, lazy Americans. We are the hardest working people on the planet. This is an issue of greedy employers exploiting impoverished illegal workers. The employers who hire these people are as much at fault for our current crisis as the illegals. However, the illegals are certainly to blame for their horrible behavior while in our country! I've heard many excuses for the bad behavior of the mexican illegals from various posters on this site. It's all BS! There is no excuse for raping and murdering our citizens, stealing identities, desecrating and burning our flag, manipulating our welfare systems, etc. Face it, these people are criminals and we would be better off without them. If we are so strapped for cheap manual laborors have many options; we could easily pull from the prison population (documented prisoners only). I think they are actually doing this is some states with huge success. Or if we really need foriegners we need to open the doors of opportunities to those who are 1) the most needy (Mexico is a very rich country compare to many 3rd world nations) and 2) the most deserving.
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
For one thing, I do all of my repairs myself.
Another, you must have me mistaken for someone else, I've lived in New Orleans, but never owned property there.
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:52 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
You sound like George Bush, Americans have never been afraid of hard work. This isn't an issue of fat, lazy Americans. We are the hardest working people on the planet. This is an issue of greedy employers exploiting impoverished illegal workers. The employers who hire these people are as much at fault for our current crisis as the illegals. However, the illegals are certainly to blame for their horrible behavior while in our country! I've heard many excuses for the bad behavior of the mexican illegals from various posters on this site. It's all BS! There is no excuse for raping and murdering our citizens, stealing identities, desecrating and burning our flag, manipulating our welfare systems, etc. Face it, these people are criminals and we would be better off without them. If we are so strapped for cheap manual laborors have many options; we could easily pull from the prison population (documented prisoners only). I think they are actually doing this is some states with huge success. Or if we really need foriegners we need to open the doors of opportunities to those who are 1) the most needy (Mexico is a very rich country compare to many 3rd world nations) and 2) the most deserving.
Hate to be compared to Bush---why must you insult me?---compare me to ANYBODY, but not Bush. Maybe you should compare me to Bill Clinton, because, seriously, I "feel your pain". The immigration situation has gotten entirely out of hand and must be corrected.

But in your frustration, you're over-stating many issues. Saying that "the illegals are raping, killing, stealing identities" etc etc, is no more valid a statement than saying "the whites are discriminating against the blacks" or "the blacks are on welfare and are all muggers"....or "the police are all beating up suspects". All of these things happen, but NONE of them are done by "everyone" in these groups.

I'd like to see an immediate end to illegal immigration. I'd like to see America instill a strong work ethic in its young people. I'd like big business out of politics, and I'd like to see accountability in high office. But, by myself, I can't do much about it.
 
Old 10-27-2007, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
stsmith wrote:
Quote:
This is an issue of greedy employers exploiting impoverished illegal workers.
A more simple way to put it:
Greed -V- Desporation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top