U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:26 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,450,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Our border has become a problem that threatens our country. Our border needs to be closed. Jail may be necessary. I was told when they are sent back to Mexico, it takes less than 2 days for them to be back here. I repeat. Our border needs to be closed and the illegals need to be the ones jailed, not the border patrols.
What you said....DITTO !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 02:18 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,745,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Our border has become a problem that threatens our country. Our border needs to be closed. Jail may be necessary. I was told when they are sent back to Mexico, it takes less than 2 days for them to be back here. I repeat. Our border needs to be closed and the illegals need to be the ones jailed, not the border patrols.
Absolutely, North Carolina Naive.

Border Churches and other Pro-Illegal Groups have been known to "refresh" the Illegals enough to send them back for another attempt.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
I would support any real punishment that includes deportation and implanting a tracking chip. This to make it easier to catch them the next time.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:08 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Most deportees are repeat offenders. Our borders are so porous, they're probably laughing themselves silly in the back of the bus all the way to Mexico. They know they'll be back within a week or so.

I'd be all for Sheriff Joe type incarceration, not just some little meaningless slap on the wrist. The only way to halt the repeated violation of our borders is to put some meat into the punishment. Knowing that the consequences for getting caught in the U.S. illegally is more than just a free ride back home might have some effect on the numbers at least.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:43 PM

87 posts, read 93,144 times
Incarcerating persons in jails and prisons will cost US taxpayers about $25,000 per year per prisoner. Why not just pay people not to come to the USA if their presence bothers you so much? Don't say we don't have enough money. The fence along the Rio Grande will cost $2 billion and of course the no-win war in Iraq so far has cost over $500 billion. With Republicans in office, money is never a problem. They just borrow it.

Last edited by ggjacobsen; 12-26-2007 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-26-2007, 04:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
Incarcerating persons in jails and prisons will cost US taxpayers about $25,000 per year per prisoner. Why not just pay people not to come to the USA if their presence bothers you so much? Don't say we don't have enough money. The fence along the Rio Grande will cost $2 billion and of course the no-win war in Iraq so far has cost over $500 billion. With Republicans in office, money is never a problem. They just borrow it.
That is like paying someone not to rob a bank. We should not have to pay for anything. They should even buy their own ticket back home. If they go on orbitz maybe they can get a group discount.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:12 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,174,721 times
I think it would serve as a deterant to those trying to sneak across. Once they are here, they cost taxpayers plenty. I would support jail time and if Dems are in control and they need money, they just rob the masses with higher taxes.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
Why in the hell are you so in favor of amnestying law breakers?

You state that you are USMC (retired) and I have yet to see any Marine basically roll over and play dead when it comes time to secure his/her country against invaders.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,048,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Why in the hell are you so in favor of amnestying law breakers?

You state that you are USMC (retired) and I have yet to see any Marine basically roll over and play dead when it comes time to secure his/her country against invaders.

Bingo AB, I doubt this person has ever served in the Boy Scouts Of America much less the USMC. If so, he is by far different than any Marine I've ever known. I think it's just a poster trolling along.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Bingo AB, I doubt this person has ever served in the Boy Scouts Of America much less the USMC. If so, he is by far different than any Marine I've ever known. I think it's just a poster trolling along.
Thank you for having my back.

I may be an old Hippie at heart (and appearance) and was never in the Service either-------anymore though, the older I become (age 50 now), the more 'Conservative' I am by prevailing social standards.

Although many of the Old School Liberal values (racial equality, decent pay for Blue Collar workers, etc) are now considered to be main stream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or