U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:49 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I say go one step further and microchip the ones we deport. Scan the ones we catch; if they're chipped, we know they're a re-entry. Throw their butts in a prison camp for a while, let 'em think about what they did.

I can dream, anyway.
I really like that idea! Then the three strikes rule for repeat offenders would kick in, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 PM

57 posts, read 172,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Why not? We jail citizens that have broken the law.
Liberals don't understand that spending money on punishment DISCOURAGES bad behavior, but spending money on transfer programs ENCOURAGES bad behavior.

Or maybe they don't understand that encouraging bad behavior means that costs will increase geometrically as everybody scrambles to take advantage of the new government program. Nobody wants to be in prison, but most people like to get free money.

Or maybe they just pretend to be oblivious to unintended consequences because it serves their agenda of destroying America.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:48 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I really like that idea! Then the three strikes rule for repeat offenders would kick in, right?
What, prison or a mandatory lifetime ban? I think the mandatory lifetime ban should apply the second they re-enter the US.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,347,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
What, prison or a mandatory lifetime ban? I think the mandatory lifetime ban should apply the second they re-enter the US.
Well I would like to think a life-time ban would work, but it's clear we are not very good at keeping illegals from entering our country, so I'd have to go with prison.

The prison idea is appealing to me more and more. If they are in jail they can't send money home. If they are in jail they can't reproduce so no more anchor babies. Living in severe poverty in their own country ought to look pretty danged good compared to living in jail. Especially if we can get Sheriff Joe to run all the jails!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,739 times
Default If U Were In My Position...

first of all, Mexicans are not bad. They come from mexico to get up from their struggle. they have to risk alot of things in order to get here, but not to make anybody's life hard, infact were are here to make it easier by doing the jobs that "LAZY" people don't do theirselves. We do this without asking questions, getting mad, or slacking on the job. We do this because of the family we left back home, that are just waiting for us to come back, see all you people dont know what is like, having to leave the people u love so u can come here, and have people calling u an "alien". We are all people like u reading this right now, and i know for a fact if u had to risk ur life to cross the border in order to work for money, and putting food on ur families table i know anyone would do it, for the ones they love and woul risk their lives for.
So i gues if aliens are loving, respectful, hard working people then im a damn alien, and proud to be one!!!!
Alot of u think its a good idea putting innocent hard working people in jail, but wat if u were in my situation, my mom the woman i love so much in this world. just lost her job, her lawyer told her immigration might come to our house, can u immagine seing ur mom being carried away like sum crimminal for working here, and u just watching helplessly, and crying. I know for a fact that if all u were in the position u would all think differently about this situation........
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS..GOD BLESS YOU
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO

Old 12-23-2007, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,739 times
Default If U Were In My Position...

first of all, Mexicans are not bad. They come from mexico to get up from their struggle. they have to risk alot of things in order to get here, but not to make anybody's life hard, infact were are here to make it easier by doing the jobs that "LAZY" people don't do theirselves. We do this without asking questions, getting mad, or slacking on the job. We do this because of the family we left back home, that are just waiting for us to come back, see all you people dont know what is like, having to leave the people u love so u can come here, and have people calling u an "alien". We are all people like u reading this right now, and i know for a fact if u had to risk ur life to cross the border in order to work for money, and putting food on ur families table i know anyone would do it, for the ones they love and woul risk their lives for.
So i gues if aliens are loving, respectful, hard working people then im a damn alien, and proud to be one!!!!
Alot of u think its a good idea putting innocent hard working people in jail, but wat if u were in my situation, my mom the woman i love so much in this world. just lost her job, her lawyer told her immigration might come to our house, can u immagine seing ur mom being carried away like sum crimminal for working here, and u just watching helplessly, and crying. I know for a fact that if all u were in the position u would all think differently about this situation........
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO

Old 12-23-2007, 11:32 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u.s.a View Post
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO

Dear Alien Salgado,

Go home and ask the Mexican gov. why they do not provide a better standard of living for their citizens. Ask them where the money from Pemex goes. Ask them what happens to the money people pay in taxes. It is their responsibility to provide reasonable living conditions for the people of Mexico. Insist that they do so. Don't take no for an answer.

andreabeth

Old 12-23-2007, 11:35 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,442,184 times
Thumbs up Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
I was reading that the federal government in Texas will soon charge all individuals who are caught crossing the Mexican border with a crime, instead of just processing them and sending them back behind the border, to try again tomorrow. The idea was that by giving them at least some jail time the people are actually punished and this may deter them from trying again. It may also scare some illegals from trying to get across the border because they will face prison time if caught.

Is this worth the time, effort and cost. Would you want your taxes to pay for all the prison beds that will be required as this program moves into New Mexico and Arizona.
YES...prison beds are cheaper than the cost of supporting these illegals and the children they pump out every nine months!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:45 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u.s.a View Post
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO
Some people just don't know what compassion is. Yet if they were in the same situation, they would do exactly what the undocumented immigrants are doing.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
If 80-90% of illegal immigrants (and their Anchor babies under age 18) left; attitudes would likely relax.

Till the above comes to pass: the hammer will continue to come down.

The above is a promise; not a threat.

I have no sympathy for Mexico's elite; if it means a revolution by the 'peons' for their rights SOB---------go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or