U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:49 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,293,037 times

Advertisements

YES I support mandatory jail and then send them back to apply for immigration properly.
Taxes go up if they stay, so I prefer kicking them out before they get on the government dole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 12:54 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,391,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Some people just don't know what compassion is.
Compassion my b_tt. I have compassion - for Americans. For the United States. For those who "did it right" and came here legally.

I don't have compassion for law breakers - for lawlessness. I don't have compassion for those who steal from others - and that is what illegals are doing - stealing.

YOUR so-called compassion is misplaced IMO

Old 12-23-2007, 12:55 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,445,519 times
Thumbs down Don't call us lazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by u.s.a View Post
first of all, Mexicans are not bad. They come from mexico to get up from their struggle. they have to risk alot of things in order to get here, but not to make anybody's life hard, infact were are here to make it easier by doing the jobs that "LAZY" people don't do theirselves. We do this without asking questions, getting mad, or slacking on the job. We do this because of the family we left back home, that are just waiting for us to come back, see all you people dont know what is like, having to leave the people u love so u can come here, and have people calling u an "alien". We are all people like u reading this right now, and i know for a fact if u had to risk ur life to cross the border in order to work for money, and putting food on ur families table i know anyone would do it, for the ones they love and woul risk their lives for.
So i gues if aliens are loving, respectful, hard working people then im a damn alien, and proud to be one!!!!
Alot of u think its a good idea putting innocent hard working people in jail, but wat if u were in my situation, my mom the woman i love so much in this world. just lost her job, her lawyer told her immigration might come to our house, can u immagine seing ur mom being carried away like sum crimminal for working here, and u just watching helplessly, and crying. I know for a fact that if all u were in the position u would all think differently about this situation........
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS..GOD BLESS YOU
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO
LAZY!!!??? You lost any sympathy I had for you.....you are all criminals as you entered our country ILLEGALLY..case closed...go home!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
LAZY!!!??? You lost any sympathy I had for you.....you are all criminals as you entered our country ILLEGALLY..case closed...go home!
I agree with you there, Mikey_NC.

The hypocricy from u.s.a. shines through like a beacon------if a illegal immigrant from Guatemala tried that exact same crap in Mexico and got caught-------his/her ass would be history.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
Quote:
Some people just don't know what compassion is. Yet if they were in the same situation, they would do exactly what the undocumented immigrants are doing.

You know this how?

Old 12-23-2007, 01:09 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,696,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Compassion my b_tt. I have compassion - for Americans. For the United States. For those who "did it right" and came here legally.

I don't have compassion for law breakers - for lawlessness. I don't have compassion for those who steal from others - and that is what illegals are doing - stealing.

YOUR so-called compassion is misplaced IMO
Thank you, Greatday . . .

Compassion, as with charity, should begin at home!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:16 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,696,802 times
Quote:
Some people just don't know what compassion is. Yet if they were in the same situation, they would do exactly what the undocumented immigrants are doing.
Interesting theory, Blacknight.

Have you ever asked an ILLEGAL if he or she tried to enter the United States LEGALLY?

I have and so far, I have never received a positive answer! Obviously, the illegal route is much more lucrative.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:22 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,445,519 times
Thumbs up You go, Bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting theory, Blacknight.

Have you ever asked an ILLEGAL if he or she tried to enter the United States LEGALLY?

I have and so far, I have never received a positive answer! Obviously, the illegal route is much more lucrative.
Love your posts. They have good content and make sense. Others may disagree but they usually don't have anything to back their arguments up with, but it takes all kinds else this forum would cease to exist. Keep em coming!

Old 12-23-2007, 02:28 PM

18,079 posts, read 17,208,003 times
Getting into this country LEGALLY since 911 is very difficult -- I know because we are trying to get my finace in from the UK. He has already passed a criminal background check and he has money and is retired so he won't be taking any jobs away from anyone. We have had to submit notarized affidavits and to supply birth certificates and to fill in long forms about our backgrounds. He had to get a sponsor so that he would not end up on welfare (not that he would ever accept welfare anyway).

It's getting to be heartbreaking, all this work and still waiting -- do I think illegals who just walk or drive into my country should be put in jail and then deported?

Are my fiance and I CRAZY to be trying to do it the right way? It's called LEGALLY. We're almost wondering if he should just come over and stay and enjoy the amnesty when it comes.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:39 PM

419 posts, read 1,810,392 times
Default It should be really hard to make it into America

I do not understand how people can say that it is impossible to get US Citizenship. It is clearly not because over a million immigrants become citizens every year. And we let in 1.5 million legally every year to work. America lets in more immigrants than anyplace else. Does it take a long time, sure, it should. Any thing of value is hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Getting into this country LEGALLY since 911 is very difficult -- I know because we are trying to get my finace in from the UK. He has already passed a criminal background check and he has money and is retired so he won't be taking any jobs away from anyone. We have had to submit notarized affidavits and to supply birth certificates and to fill in long forms about our backgrounds. He had to get a sponsor so that he would not end up on welfare (not that he would ever accept welfare anyway).

It's getting to be heartbreaking, all this work and still waiting -- do I think illegals who just walk or drive into my country should be put in jail and then deported?

Are my fiance and I CRAZY to be trying to do it the right way? It's called LEGALLY. We're almost wondering if he should just come over and stay and enjoy the amnesty when it comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or