Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,087,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
I was reading that the federal government in Texas will soon charge all individuals who are caught crossing the Mexican border with a crime, instead of just processing them and sending them back behind the border, to try again tomorrow. The idea was that by giving them at least some jail time the people are actually punished and this may deter them from trying again. It may also scare some illegals from trying to get across the border because they will face prison time if caught.

Is this worth the time, effort and cost. Would you want your taxes to pay for all the prison beds that will be required as this program moves into New Mexico and Arizona.
Yes whatever it takes....many of them have criminal records so have been in bad prisons in Mexico, they will need to be on a chain gang like 'Cool hand Luke' to get the point maybe, but they must all be deported ASAP and to do this we must vote the right cadidate in office in '08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,101,636 times
Or; simply copy down Mexico's illegal immigration law for here

Word has it Mx's La Migra ain't nice.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,545,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Or; simply copy down Mexico's illegal immigration law for here

Word has it Mx's La Migra ain't nice.
Neither are its laws regarding "foreigners getting mixed up in politics" or even street demonstrations of any politically-charged issue, or even publically COMMENTING on them. Legally, any of these can mean instant jail time, followed by swift deportation. See any differences with OUR system?...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:50 PM

447 posts, read 797,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
I was reading that the federal government in Texas will soon charge all individuals who are caught crossing the Mexican border with a crime, instead of just processing them and sending them back behind the border, to try again tomorrow. The idea was that by giving them at least some jail time the people are actually punished and this may deter them from trying again. It may also scare some illegals from trying to get across the border because they will face prison time if caught.

Is this worth the time, effort and cost. Would you want your taxes to pay for all the prison beds that will be required as this program moves into New Mexico and Arizona.

just as the illegals say, try try try again.....deport them when they are discovered, and send them back to where they came from...
one, two three times...whatever..if they are caught committing a crime (other than being here illegally) then, let the law apply...the same laws that apply to citizens(jail times. fines) then deport them again.
any price to secure our borders is a good cost for me.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 AM

791 posts, read 2,221,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
You'd spend money to jail someone, but not to help them? I don't like illegal immigration, but i can't agree with that.
Help them? Yes. As in Arizona, organize tent prisons for illegals near the border, build a crosswalk 'back across that border' within view of that tent prison, let them do their time with the only prison exit available that crosswalk across the border. DNA samples will be useful for future prosecution.

That would be 'helping' with a short two foot walk home. I guess we could even throw in some OSHA compliant strollers for those 'almost born Texan' babies.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,142,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Help them? Yes. As in Arizona, organize tent prisons for illegals near the border, build a crosswalk 'back across that border' within view of that tent prison, let them do their time with the only prison exit available that crosswalk across the border. DNA samples will be useful for future prosecution.

That would be 'helping' with a short two foot walk home. I guess we could even throw in some OSHA compliant strollers for that 'almost born Texan' babies.
I say go one step further and microchip the ones we deport. Scan the ones we catch; if they're chipped, we know they're a re-entry. Throw their butts in a prison camp for a while, let 'em think about what they did.

I can dream, anyway.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,484,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I say go one step further and microchip the ones we deport. Scan the ones we catch; if they're chipped, we know they're a re-entry. Throw their butts in a prison camp for a while, let 'em think about what they did.

I can dream, anyway.
Wow....

I can't think of anything worse than that honestly, imagine the world uproar America would have to answer to?

If you want to treat people like animals then you should be ready to be bitten, besides Hitler tried that once.

I find your thoughts, disgusting.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,142,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Wow....

I can't think of anything worse than that honestly, imagine the world uproar America would have to answer to?

If you want to treat people like animals then you should be ready to be bitten, besides Hitler tried that once.

I find your thoughts, disgusting.
I don't care what you think of my thoughts. I really, truly, honestly do not care. You disagreeing with me certainly isn't going to ruin my day or keep me up at night. You must understand this.

I'm sick of my country being invaded. If these illegals had not broken into my country, there wouldn't be a problem. Comparing my viewpoints to those of Hitler is sophistical and has just lost you the argument.

Have a super day.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,972,505 times
It appears some of the efforts are working to keep folks who should not be here who are attempting to relocate from south of the border. See the attached article from the New York Times:

Mexicans Miss Money From Relatives Up North - New York Times

Old 10-26-2007, 10:26 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,484,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I don't care what you think of my thoughts. I really, truly, honestly do not care. You disagreeing with me certainly isn't going to ruin my day or keep me up at night. You must understand this.

I'm sick of my country being invaded. If these illegals had not broken into my country, there wouldn't be a problem. Comparing my viewpoints to those of Hitler is sophistical and has just lost you the argument.

Have a super day.
A human being crossing the border is not synonymous with the neighbors dog coming in your yard.

Again with the invasion axiom, how is it an invasion when our government allowed them to enter and our companies hire them, our banks give them loans, our auto dealerships allow them to buy a car? If more elements of our country allow them to live here, then is that really an invasion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration