Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Not at all surprising in view of Obama's policies of releasing all detained illegals. Want a free pass to the USA? Simply come on over illegally, have border agents detain you and release you -- release you into the USA of course not where you belong.

New Border Trend: Undocumented Immigrants Want to Get Caught | KUT News

Shawn Moran with the National Border Patrol Council, a union of border patrol agents, says word of those releases is spreading like wildfire south of the border. “Apparently they are hearing that there’s less border patrol agents due to sequestration,” Moran says, “and also that ICE is not detaining anyone; that they are releasing everyon. And in McAllen, Texas, we’ve seen a huge spike in the number of illegal aliens that are being caught.”

But beyond seeing the number of detentions almost double from this January to February, when ICE released the immigrants, Moran says something unusual started to take place. Moran said immigrants “are being encouraged by the smugglers and other illegals to surrender. They’re not running from us.”

The thinking with those crossing the border seems to be: Why run when being caught by Border Patrol may lead to release within U.S. borders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 03:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
that is rediculous. illegal aliens are not be caught crossing the border just to be released in the US. Anyone caught crossing the border is turned back immediately without detainment.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
LOL..it's like "free transportation" once you cross the border.

Just remember.."the borders have never been so secure" is what we've been told.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
that is rediculous. illegal aliens are not be caught crossing the border just to be released in the US. Anyone caught crossing the border is turned back immediately without detainment.
I don't know where you get your info from, but most of it is incorrect.

Illegals caught crossing the border are held and documented by BP prior to being sent back by bus or plane, usually within 24 hours but can be as long as 3 days. Nothing is immediate, and with the now "budget constraints" DHS is claiming they can't afford to hold or detain illegals, so if they are caught they may just end up being released on this side.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
You are correct..The beating will serve to remind them of the experience.........an experience they do not want repeated..
That would be inhumane. I am vehemently opposed to illegal immigration but to beat them would be in violation of human rights. As they come over the border turn them back. If they make it further into the interior then detain them and deport them. The problem is that they are allowed to linger in lockup too long rather than expediting their removal. No day in court if they can't prove within a short period of time that they are in this country legally. It is too costly to keep them underwraps for weeks and months and serves no purpose.

Of course under Obama's new rules unless they have committed a felony they will be released back into our society instead. What's the point of having immigration laws then?

I'd rather see an electrified fence at the border that just uncomfortably zaps them but doesn't kill them. Sort of like the affect of a taser gun. It would be a good deterrant without permanently maiming or hurting them.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That would be inhumane. I am vehemently opposed to illegal immigration but to beat them would be in violation of human rights. As they come over the border turn them back. If they make it further into the interior then detain them and deport them. The problem is that they are allowed to linger in lockup too long rather than expediting their removal. No day in court if they can't prove within a short period of time that they are in this country legally. It is too costly to keep them underwraps for weeks and months and serves no purpose.

Of course under Obama's new rules unless they have committed a felony they will be released back into our society instead. What's the point of having immigration laws then?

I'd rather see an electrified fence at the border that just uncomfortably zaps them but doesn't kill them. Sort of like the affect of a taser gun. It would be a good deterrant without permanently maiming or hurting them.
Check, "beatings' not OK ("inhumane"), but the world's largest taser is fine...

It looks like some need to read a little closer, and understand that the Border Patrol is still processing illegal aliens they have detained, and deporting ("repatriating" if you don't think it is a deportation) Mexicans to their country. Alluding anything else is improper. The article does say further that illegal entries are still approximately a tenth of what they were in 2000.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...Want a free pass to the USA? Simply come on over illegally, have border agents detain you and release you -- release you into the USA of course not where you belong...
Define where exactly in the quoted article you are reading that...

Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Check, "beatings' not OK ("inhumane"), but the world's largest taser is fine...

It looks like some need to read a little closer, and understand that the Border Patrol is still processing illegal aliens they have detained, and deporting ("repatriating" if you don't think it is a deportation) Mexicans to their country. Alluding anything else is improper. The article does say further that illegal entries are still approximately a tenth of what they were in 2000.
If you don't know the difference between stunning someone and breaking their bones through a beating then I can't help you.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I don't know where you get your info from, but most of it is incorrect.

Illegals caught crossing the border are held and documented by BP prior to being sent back by bus or plane, usually within 24 hours but can be as long as 3 days. Nothing is immediate, and with the now "budget constraints" DHS is claiming they can't afford to hold or detain illegals, so if they are caught they may just end up being released on this side.
You're splitting hairs. thats fine.
Quote:
Illegals caught crossing the border are held and documented by BP prior to being sent back by bus or plane, usually within 24 hours but can be as long as 3 days. Nothing is immediate,

If you dont think BP does not imediately send persons caught crossing the border back adross, then you dont live in a border state.

From OP:
Quote:
Simply come on over illegally, have border agents detain you and release you -- release you into the USA of course not where you belong.
You can split hairs or agree with this statement....I stand by my statement.

I would rather you put me on your ignore list as I will give you the same courtesy and not respond to any of your posts.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You're splitting hairs. thats fine.

If you dont think BP does not imediately send persons caught crossing the border back adross, then you dont live in a border state.

From OP:
You can split hairs or agree with this statement....I stand by my statement.

I would rather you put me on your ignore list as I will give you the same courtesy and not respond to any of your posts.
Call it what you want, your wording is incorrect, that simple.

Processing an illegal is not an "immediate" turn around.

Even your quoting of the OP says "detain and release" yet you claim: Anyone caught crossing the border is turned back immediately without detainment. If you live in a border state, you don't seem to understand the process at all.

To make sure you understand my position by saying that I don't live in a border state, allow me to correct you, yet again, I live in CA now, I have lived in TX as well, in fact I was born in TX. If you wish to discuss the issues, the least you could actually do is use correct info and wording if you don't like being corrected. imjusayin.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-15-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration