U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM

1,265 posts, read 2,341,691 times

Advertisements

Hi i am from El Paso. I am 19 and speak spanish. I would like do know if border patrol is still hiring. I am currently going to a four year commuter college and living with my mom and older brother who is 26. I am in good shape, i am 6 ft tall and 175 pounds. I love sports and working out. I come from a low income family and want to improve my way of life and be independent. I see my older brother still living at home and it bothers me. He never wegecollege and earns minimum wage. I am currently studying my basic courses and majoring in accounting. I have some knowledge in personal finance, so i wont spend money lavishly if i ever live on my own. Hope i could get some help and tips. I am a citizen if anyone wants do know.minimum wag e

It seems this thread has many controversial discussions. Hope this thread does not become one. I am a Mexican American, light skin, brown hair, and brown eyes just in cause you like to stereotype and think i am brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Hi i am from El Paso. I am 19 and speak spanish. I would like do know if border patrol is still hiring. I am currently going to a four year commuter college and living with my mom and older brother who is 26. I am in good shape, i am 6 ft tall and 175 pounds. I love sports and working out. I come from a low income family and want to improve my way of life and be independent. I see my older brother still living at home and it bothers me. He never wegecollege and earns minimum wage. I am currently studying my basic courses and majoring in accounting. I have some knowledge in personal finance, so i wont spend money lavishly if i ever live on my own. Hope i could get some help and tips. I am a citizen if anyone wants do know.minimum wag e

It seems this thread has many controversial discussions. Hope this thread does not become one. I am a Mexican American, light skin, brown hair, and brown eyes just in cause you like to stereotype and think i am brown.
Homeland Security Jobs | Homeland Security

Good Luck!

EDIT: This seems to be a better link: http://www.cbpcareers.com/

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 03-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Better link...

Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,418,938 times
I've spoke to a couple people I know back when I lived in San Diego and they said they were in need of new hires.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM

2,176 posts, read 864,904 times
I hope so!!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM

31,645 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post

The color of your skin is irrelevant. If you are a loyal U.S. citizen or legal immigrant that is all that matters. From what I understand Obama has cut back on the Border Patrol recently as part of his spending cuts.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The color of your skin is irrelevant. If you are a loyal U.S. citizen or legal immigrant that is all that matters. From what I understand Obama has cut back on the Border Patrol recently as part of his spending cuts.
For a job with the Border Patrol, applicants must be U.S. citizens (either native-born or naturalized). All immediate family members probably need to be as well. And as far as I knew, the annual mandated hiring of 6,000 Border Patrol agents hasn't had any had any further legislation blocking it.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
For a job with the Border Patrol, applicants must be U.S. citizens (either native-born or naturalized). All immediate family members probably need to be as well. And as far as I knew, the annual mandated hiring of 6,000 Border Patrol agents hasn't had any had any further legislation blocking it.
I am aware that a BP agent would have to be a U.S. citizen. My remarks were about what is the acceptability for just being in this country. I have no idea why the poster brought skin color into the issue.

I refer you back to this topic. If the sequester will mean furloughing the BP for a few days a month why would there be more hiring of BP agents?

Democrates warn of weaker boarders as a result of sequestration...

Old 03-18-2013, 04:57 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,488,235 times
Quote:
I am aware that a BP agent would have to be a U.S. citizen. My remarks were about what is the acceptability for just being in this country. I have no idea why the poster brought skin color into the issue.

I refer you back to this topic. If the sequester will mean furloughing the BP for a few days a month why would there be more hiring of BP agents?

Democrates warn of weaker boarders as a result of sequestration...
maybe at 19 he believes his skin color somehow makes him more acceptable...more above suspicion.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
maybe at 19 he believes his skin color somehow makes him more acceptable...more above suspicion.
Suspicion of what? Are you implying that just because someone has brown skin they are automatically assumed to be in our country illegally? Since when isn't this country accepting of different skin tones? You'd have to go quite a ways back in history to make that claim.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,088,146 times
Quote:
Suspicion of what? Are you implying that just because someone has brown skin they are automatically assumed to be in our country illegally? Since when isn't this country accepting of different skin tones? You'd have to go quite a ways back in history to make that claim.
You can spare that faux outrage.

You have stated several times that if a person is speaking Spanish that is evidence that they may be in the country illegally. It is not exactly a leap of logic to imply that nativists may make the same type of assumption based on skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or