Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:54 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,459 times

Advertisements

Tragahumo ‘made in Mexico’ echan la mano en California - El Universal - El Mundo

CAMPO GILLESPIE, California

During the last five days. Rafael Carrillo has became an important figure because of his contribution to ease the fires. His assistance has earned the respect of his American partners.

Commanding a garrison of 34 Mexican firefighters, Rafael has became a tireless firefigher "Made in Mexico"

"A fire of this magnitude shrugs at the border" states this young but experienced mexican firefighter who since the past sunday decided to help the struggle of his American partners to face the worst fires in California's history.

"We are very tired, but we need to continue until we can end the fires for good" states this 34 year old man who is the subdirector of Tijuana's firefighter garrison.

"We haven't ceased facing the fires both sides of the border" he says meanwhile he takes a short pause at the Gillespie Camp, the camping zone and operations center that directs the efforts of about 6 thousand firefighters on south california.

Behind him lies a fleet of helicopters with water containers, which give the scenario a sense of urgency that shrugs at the border. Over a surface the size of almost eight football fields, lie thousands of tents, cargo containers, ambulatory hospitals and a lot of firefighter trucks from different places of the United States that are engaged in a fight against the clock with dozens of fieres.

"In the middle of this situation, that is still critic, we feel very satisfied by our job. We've been treated with a lot of respect and we've even been asked about some kind of techniques that we employ for the extinciton of forest firers" assures Michael Keley the official who made contact with the California's firefighter garrison.

Kieley, who has both American and Mexican citizenship is a key figure in the mission of joint cooperation with the United States.

His presence on the coordination conclaves where all the security garrisons participate together as the Homeland security department, has allowed to articulate the help of the Mexican garrison since the beginning of the operations.

¨We have 7 day collaboration agenda, but it's possible that we extend it because more than 60% of the fires are still uncontrolled" Carrillo assured, meanwhile he was coordinating the training labors of a second replacement team in Tijuana.

"we were working in two 12 hours shifts and in these moments we are focusing on the evacuation routs. We have to stop the fires before they reach Highways and secondary roads" he assured.

The labor of the Mexican garrison, that now share the risk and the fate of thousands of American firefighters and recsue teams, has counted with all the facilities to make their job.

"We didn't have any problem when we crossed the border. They understood that we came to help and because of that everything was made easy to us, pointing that even though all the members carried their passports with them, no one had to show them to the immigration agents in the San Ysidro broder crossing.

"It has been a cooperation climate that we are happy to share. And it is in this moments when we realize how much do we need each other. I wish it was always this way" assures the commander Rafael Carrillo, meanwhile he says goodbye to us because he needs to go to meet some men that have been of vital importance to suffocate and keep at bay the worst fires in the history of California.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 05-10-2009 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 09:50 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,432 times
Good job. Keep the US fires out of Mexico. Thanks amigo.

Now if you can keep about several million of your citizens out of the country, our health care and criminal justice systems would appreciate it.

Also, our El Heffe has declared SoCal a major disaster area. So if you lost some hose, nozzles or we need to pay you for the firefighting water, just let us know.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,563 times
Yea.. but the Agricultural, Franchise fast food businesses, construction and landscaping business wouldn't appreciate it.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
As a side note: when the fires were raging in San Diego County; the US border guards locked the gate at a rural crossing and fled into Mexico to avoid being burned.

For whatever it is worth: the Mexicans living in Tijuana, Nogales, Naco, Agua Prieta, etc. are not happy with many of their countrymen from further south attempting to cross into the USA.

As one Mexican lady who lived along the border stated: the US border patrol are just doing their job and we have no issue with them------apparently, the locals all know one another.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 PM

One word: Adios. We will pay for your firefighting resources. Other than that I say Adios.

I am tired of paying for the BS. And I do not want to learn a new language.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:15 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,563 times
No one is forcing you to learn Spanish.. but if you want a higher wage. Learn Spanish!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:46 PM

MOD CUT And please move to Northern California. ProLogic is looking for some roomies.

Write the check ProLogic. Your acumen is superior. Asdios.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-27-2007 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: english please (read TOS)

Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 AM

Dear car957.

If you read my posts you will know what are my thoughts on illegal immigration.

Other than that I wouldn't move to Northern California or some other part of the United States for the following reasons.

1 Strong Attachment to Mexico
2 It wouldn't improve my life or socio economic condition, actually it would be quite the opposite.
3 Fear of terrorism and laws enacted to fight terrorism (Patriot Act, etc)
4 Too much rules, taxes and regulations for my taste.
5 Too much, racial tensions, discrimination and lack of unity among citizens, residents and illegal immigrants
6 A strong rejection for cultural values such as the right to bear arms outside your home, and the support for wars and invasions of other countries
7 Fast deterioration of the economy because of the misuse of the resources by the Bush administration.
8 I can go NOB everytime I need it and I do it a lot so there is no real need
9 I'd miss my family, country, culture, language so much
10 I'm a nomad, I travel around the entire world, know it well so there are a lot of places to choose but Mexico is in my heart, whenever I'm abroad specially for more than 3 or 4 months I close my eyes and I remember Oaxaca, San Luis, Mexico city, Monterrey, Chihuahua, Veracruz, etc and all the fun, the good memories, I wouldn't trade for that for nothing.

However, if I had to choose another country besides Mexico I'd rather chose Brazil, it is simply awesome!!!

oh meu amado brasil tu es um pais tao especial que estas no meu coraçao
(oh my dear sweet brasil you are a country so special that you are in my heart)

finally as a conclusion, even if the American dream is not for me if my neighboors and friends are suffering graveyard hardships such as those caused by the fires I'd be the first one to do something to help.

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 10-27-2007 at 06:33 AM..

Old 10-27-2007, 08:13 AM

537 posts, read 441,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Dear car957.

10 I'm a nomad, I travel around the entire world, know it well so there are a lot of places to choose but Mexico is in my heart, whenever I'm abroad specially for more than 3 or 4 months I close my eyes and I remember Oaxaca, San Luis, Mexico city, Monterrey, Chihuahua, Veracruz, etc and all the fun, the good memories, I wouldn't trade for that for nothing.
That is not around the world. That is Latin America. I have lived in 4 different countries and 36 different states in this country. I have also lived in Mexico, albeit for only a few months, as it was not to my liking. I have been to Chile and have friends from there and it is a nice place. I have also lived in Germany and Great Britian.

Just because you have traveled in and around Latin American countries does not make one world wise at all. One needs to see other continents understand so much about the different countries.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:20 AM

Well, the next year I have plans to go to Europe, India and Japan, I've travelled around the USA too and I specially like Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami, if I hadn't gone outside the American continent before was becase it is soooo big that it's hard to get to know it all, but that's really offtopic.

But actually it is my job who made me believe this, we come and go with almost no restrictions, we are able to work everywhere in the world (legally) , we play at parties and share the scenario with musicians and dj's from all the world, and I consider myself part a global culture that is slowly starting to form thanks to the internet, a more spiritual generation and the global electronic music culture made of people who thinks exactly the same way I do , our alliegance is with world peace, harmony and unity rather than flags.

I wish it was the same way for everybody, most human beings are good fellas, actually all are, but some get enslaved by their egos and maia and end doing wrong things, but if the world was open it would be easier to deal with them in a humane way and share the opportunities and beauties of the world for all of us.

The intergalatic network lives!!! you just have to discover it

I'd love to know the reasons that made you dislike Mexico.

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 10-27-2007 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration