U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:10 PM

32,132 posts, read 14,846,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm listening to all solutions being put on the table. But, I can't overlook the anchor babies, which law doesn't prevent. Families that have been here so long, they have no identity with Mexico. How can we, in good, conscience send them back because the federal government didn't do their job - under ANY administration?

Then you have to figure in, in the case of Texas, Plyer v. Doe, (Texas Republicans were against it - see note below) which forced the public school system to educate illegals K-12. Gov. Rick Perry gets lambasted for wanting to give them in-state tuition. How in the world is that fair, to throw them under the bus after grade 12, when the federal government forced us to educate them? It's just a huge problem that has always started with NOT securing our border. There is a lot of violence and corruption going on. I don't know how they will eventually solve that.

As far as the unemployed Americans? Let's point fingers at who is not allowing an economic bust - over-regulation (which I blame on both parties), etc., Then we have the looming and growing Obamacare problem.

On a side note, an great industrial boom could come from Hemp that is being stymied. Hemp can be made readily into paper preventing us from cutting down so many trees. It is not the same as Marijuana and doesn't carry the same amount of THC and it environmentally healthy.
These kids are taught the culture and language of their native countries by their parents. Why do you think there are so many ESL classes today? Even those born here are taught the culture and language of their parents. Many if not most Mexicans here illegally still have family back in Mexico so yes they still have an identity with Mexico. Some of them can't speak English after being here for 20 plus years! I can easily and with good conscience advocate for deporting the whole family together. It would free up jobs for Americans and decrease our taxes. Yes, our government didn't do their job but should we law abiding Americans have to pay for that? I don't think so!

So paying for a k-12 education isn't enough for them? We should be obligated to allow them to attend our colleges also? They don't have colleges in their homelands? Why do you think we owe these people anything?

Like it or not illegal immigration has diminished job opportunities and reduced wages for Americans. So let's not write that off as insignificant shall we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,421,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Rand's plan hinges, first, on having the border becoming more secure -secured by Border Patrol and Investigator General. Secondly, that a bipartisan panel determine the "number" of Visas given out each year. He isn't stating that he will hand out Visas to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

And from my experience growing up in a Rancher's home, there is work that white people will not do, my father had to have illegals come in. There is some merit to that argument.
Uh; that I DON'T believe unless your father is too cheap to pay real money. If he NEEDS illegal aliens to keep his head above water; he needs to get out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or