U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM

31,514 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
About those chickens...

That was then, this is now:

"More than 6 in 10 Americans now favor allowing illegal immigrants to eventually become U.S. citizens, a major increase in support driven by a turnaround in Republicans’ opinions after the 2012 elections.
Sixty-two percent of Americans now favor providing a way for illegal immigrants in the U.S. to become citizens, an increase from just 50 percent in the summer of 2010, the last time the AP polled on the question."

AP-GfK Poll: Most back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants as Republican opposition declines | Associated Press GfK Poll
The polls that I had saved and they were recent says otherwise. I just can't access them anymore. Why would Americans vote against their own interests? Do you think they like being unemployed and having their taxes go through the roof supporting illegal immigrants? Do you really think they want 12 million foreigners added to our society permanantly that are at the poverty level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,086,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Of course I knew this would happen. He's a libertarian. Real libertarians, instead of Republicans who call themselves libertarian because it's the hot new thing now, support open borders.

If I were you, I'd start adjusting myself now for CIR to become reality. It has a 75% chance of passing, might as well get used to it. Otherwise, you're just gonna be angry and bitter for no reason like white nationalists are.
Exactly, a true libertarian, unlike the posers that use the label for marketing purposes, doesn't believe that liberty and freedom end at some imaginary line on a map.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 PM

Here is a recent poll that shows that the majority of Americans are opposed to amnesty:

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported | Reuters

Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 PM

21,035 posts, read 15,241,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The polls that I had saved and they were recent says otherwise. I just can't access them anymore. Why would Americans vote against their own interests? Do you think they like being unemployed and having their taxes go through the roof supporting illegal immigrants? Do you really think they want 12 million foreigners added to our society permanantly that are at the poverty level?
Maybe they just don't believe in condemning the child for the sins of the parent.

Anyway, a few more polls from this year:

Fox News Poll: 66 percent favor path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, with conditions | Fox News

Poll: Majority back path to citizenship under immigration reform - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Field Poll shows overwhelming support for path to citizenship - San Jose Mercury News

Poll: Minnesotans favor path to citizenship for illegal immigrants - Minneapolis - News - The Blotter

Reason-Rupe poll shows majority approves path to citizenship, oppose targeted drone killings of Americans « Hot Air

Old 03-19-2013, 03:05 PM

How is not allowing their children to benefit from their parent's lawbreaking, condemning them? Going back to one's home country family all intact is punishment? Should American kids benefit from their parent's lawbreaking?

I'll post this again:

Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM

21,035 posts, read 15,241,170 times
Quote:
How is not allowing their children to benefit from their parent's lawbreaking, condemning them? Going back to one's home country family all intact is punishment? Should American kids benefit from their parent's lawbreaking?

I'll post this again:

That's one.

Doesn't constitute a majority of polls on the topic.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
That's one.

Doesn't constitute a majority of polls on the topic.

I already told you that I had many other polls saved but lost them. You still didn't address my points about why would Americans vote for something that isn't good for them nor this country.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
Quote:
I already told you that I had many other polls saved but lost them. You still didn't address my points about why would Americans vote for something that isn't good for them nor this country.
It's simple. Not everyone sees things from your point of view. That's all that it is. You may be concerned about the British based culture of this country changing, but your neighbor is concerned about the price of gas the next day and the US's culture is just a backburner thought, if it even registers for a millisecond at all. That's all that it boils down to

Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,591,458 times
this is encouraging. was worried rand paul would sell out to the nativist scum in his party. now if only he would be ideologically consistent and come out for completely open borders.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,485,302 times
Quote:
Here is a recent poll that shows that the majority of Americans are opposed to amnesty:

[30%]Thirty percent of those polled think that most illegal immigrants, with some exceptions, should be deported

[23%]23 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be deported.

[5%]5 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States legally,

[31%] 31 percent want most illegal immigrants to stay.

There is no clarification of what the excptions are.

23% is the only solid percent that wants deportation...Far from a majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or