U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 PM
 
31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Reputation: 8542

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Number-wise, a nationality like Mexicans don't come into the equation when talking about asylum. If you're going to cover asylum, cover asylum. If you are going bring up that Mexicans are a high percentage of illegal aliens, bring it up. The discussion doesn't relate to being about both at the same time.
Sorry, but you're not my boss. End of discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
 
1,864 posts, read 1,972,093 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just another Republican fool who thinks this will garner more votes from the Hispanic community for their party. There still are some saner heads prevailing in congress and I hope they don't all end up selling our country down the river by caving into this travesty called CIR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
The ONLY PATH illegals need is right out of the NATION ! ANY FOOL that thinks otherwise needs a horsewhipping.
Romney pandering to the Hispanic vote, probably cost him far more votes than it gained him. Romney acquired the republican nominee specifically because of his view on illegal immigration and "self-deportation." But, as usual, once he got the nomination he did an about face and it cost him more votes, than it gained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge
2,423 posts, read 3,017,933 times
Reputation: 2485
Everyone is a sellout these days. SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,053,612 times
Reputation: 1377

If the parents screwed up, oh well. From that way of thinking do you think it's wrong for the child of a thief or murderer in jail to suffer because of thier idiot parent? Let me put it this way; I am not babysitting with my tax money willingly the kids of someone that intentionally came here illegally. That is like catching a burglar in your house and because he went to jail for burglarizing you now you have his kids in your house that you have to feed. That would be pure stupidity ! Why is it pure stupidity? DUH ! The thief says to himself, " I want 3 hots and a cot for free and i know if I go to jail, the fools I steal from will take care of my kids". Responsibility transfer to the ones who were being robbed. That is what is really wrong ! And as for those lame polls you mentioned; the question they asked was; Do you think if a child is born in the USA that they should be sent to the country of thier parents AND lose thier citizenship ?" Notice the question doesn't even mention illegals or "undocumented". I know because that is what was asked to me by the pollster. I asked if it refered to brats of illegals and the answer was for anyone. See how the answers can be pure BS in those polls?

Last edited by 12GO; 03-27-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2013, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,189 posts, read 15,355,588 times
Reputation: 11851
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
If the parents screwed up, oh well. From that way of thinking do you think it's wrong for the child of a thief or murderer in jail to suffer because of thier idiot parent? Let me put it this way; I am not babysitting with my tax money willingly the kids of someone that intentionally came here illegally. That is like catching a burglar in your house and because he went to jail for burglarizing you now you have his kids in your house that you have to feed. That would be pure stupidity ! Why is it pure stupidity? DUH ! The thief says to himself, " I want 3 hots and a cot for free and i know if I go to jail, the fools I steal from will take care of my kids". Responsibility transfer to the ones who were being robbed. That is what is really wrong ! And as for those lame polls you mentioned; the question they asked was; Do you think if a child is born in the USA that they should be sent to the country of thier parents AND lose thier citizenship ?" Notice the question doesn't even mention illegals or "undocumented". I know because that is what was asked to me by the pollster. I asked if it refered to brats of illegals and the answer was for anyone. See how the answers can be pure BS in those polls?
Yes, I do think it is wrong for the child to suffer. What would you propose, that their children be branded in some fashion so that all of society knows that their parent was a criminal? Should the child go to jail as well?
If you get a speeding ticket, should your child have that ticket on his/her record as well?
Because that is essentially what you are suggesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
 
31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Reputation: 8542
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yes, I do think it is wrong for the child to suffer. What would you propose, that their children be branded in some fashion so that all of society knows that their parent was a criminal? Should the child go to jail as well?
If you get a speeding ticket, should your child have that ticket on his/her record as well?
Because that is essentially what you are suggesting.
Unless the child/children are U.S. citizens according the current interpretation of the 14 Amendment they need to go back to their homelands. Let their homelands care for them. We have enough of our own children to take care of. No one is suggesting that they be branded criminals for what their parents did however they shouldn't benefit from it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,520,462 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
. No one is suggesting that they be branded criminals for what their parents did however they shouldn't benefit from it either.
Then Bernie Madoff's grandkids should have their 529 plans seized, as well as any bank accounts started by grandpa or any children he hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,382,004 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yes, I do think it is wrong for the child to suffer. What would you propose, that their children be branded in some fashion so that all of society knows that their parent was a criminal? Should the child go to jail as well?
If you get a speeding ticket, should your child have that ticket on his/her record as well?
Because that is essentially what you are suggesting.
US born kids of 2 ILLEGAL aliens being sent HOME with their parents ain't punishment. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 PM
 
193 posts, read 286,180 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Americans are getting weary of the fights. Illegals are destroying the workplace and ripping the social safety net to pieces while gays and lesbians are trampling on our morality and marriage customs. The people with their hands out have taken over the government. Politicians like Paul are compromising core values to get re-elected. There are just too many things going sour in modern America. Traditional Americans are getting too tired to fight it anymore.
You don´t have a clue what our core values are. If you really think that, please leave this nation or "self-deport". I promise these next years will not be pleasant for you. Treating people decently under the law is an American value.

Some of you have logic and beliefs that are not much different than the Taliban. I am an Iraq and Afghan war vet, so I may have an idea. You have freedom of speech, use it with your head if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,382,004 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddoctor View Post
You don´t have a clue what our core values are. If you really think that, please leave this nation or "self-deport". I promise these next years will not be pleasant for you. Treating people decently under the law is an American value.

Some of you have logic and beliefs that are not much different than the Taliban. I am an Iraq and Afghan war vet, so I may have an idea. You have freedom of speech, use it with your head if you can.
Uh; there's NOT a thing bad about deporting and NOT allowing illegal aliens back into the US. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top