Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:17 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's simple. Not everyone sees things from your point of view. That's all that it is. You may be concerned about the British based culture of this country changing, but your neighbor is concerned about the price of gas the next day and the US's culture is just a backburner thought, if it even registers for a millisecond at all. That's all that it boils down to
Respecting our immigration laws is not a point of view it is the law. Are you telling me that there are Americans who don't mind having our tax coffers raped by illegal immigrants and are ok with them working jobs here with 23 Americans out of work?

As for culture, do you really think that non-hispanic Americans, whites, blacks, Asians, etc. want to see this country become another Hispanic nation culturally and linguistically via illegal immigration? I don't have a problem with "subtle" changes to our culture as long as those changes occur in a lawful and natural way via legal immigration. Illegal immigration, no! We are supposed to embrace diversity aren't we? How is it diversity when millions from one ethnic group are coming here illegally?

You cannot speak for the whole nation. Most American I know of don't want this unnatural change to our demographics and it rates right up there with the other problems we are facing in this country because many are directly related to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
[30%]Thirty percent of those polled think that most illegal immigrants, with some exceptions, should be deported

[23%]23 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be deported.

[5%]5 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States legally,

[31%] 31 percent want most illegal immigrants to stay.

There is no clarification of what the excptions are.

23% is the only solid percent that wants deportation...Far from a majority.
Your forgot to add the 30% to the 23% which is 53%. "Some" acceptions certainly doesn't equate to favoring an amnesty for most of them. Instead they think that most should be deported in that catagory.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Your forgot to add the 30% to the 23% which is 53%. "Some" acceptions certainly doesn't equate to favoring an amnesty for most of them. Instead they think that most should be deported in that catagory.
if you dont know what the exceptions are, then you can't make any majority claim.

list the exceptions

Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
if you dont know what the exceptions are, then you can't make any majority claim.

list the exceptions
I don't know what the exceptions are but it's as plain as day that the majority in this particular poll want illegal immigrants deported. If you don't like my assessment of this poll then so be it. There are plenty of others that reflect the same thing but I am not going to go searching for them and post them here as you would probably remain in denial as you are with this one. One I know was an internet poll and I posted it a few weeks ago. The percent of those opposing illegal immigrants being able to remain here vs allowing them to remain here was much higher.

Perhaps you should concern yourself more with the mere 36% of this poll that wants illegal immigrants to remain here.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Of course I knew this would happen. He's a libertarian. Real libertarians, instead of Republicans who call themselves libertarian because it's the hot new thing now, support open borders.

If I were you, I'd start adjusting myself now for CIR to become reality. It has a 75% chance of passing, might as well get used to it. Otherwise, you're just gonna be angry and bitter for no reason like white nationalists are.
WHITE nationalists? It ain't just "white" people who DON'T want amnesty for illegal aliens. Sheesh!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
this is encouraging. was worried rand paul would sell out to the nativist scum in his party. now if only he would be ideologically consistent and come out for completely open borders.
Uh; NO country in the world has full open borders; I don't think the US will do it either.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Here is a recent poll that shows that the majority of Americans are opposed to amnesty:

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported | Reuters
Voluntary on-line polls are not scientific and not accurate which is exactly what the Reuters poll was. The majority says they can stay, and all the major polling firms have been showing that for years now. You know the same polls that have been accurate in elections.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rand Paul is about to endorse a path to citizenship and declare opposition to deportation of people who entered the US illegally.

Rand Paul endorses path to citizenship - CBS News
I like how they take his phrasing and change it to mean something he didn't say. His statement was:
Quote:
"If you wish to live and work in America, then we will find a place for you."
This doesn't equate to a path to citizenship.

What it equates to is exactly what Rubio has been stating, they may be allowed to apply for a work visa that will have to be renewed every 2 - 4 years. All it will do is legalize them and allow them to remain provided they can obtain a job.

The claim as made is the media creation of "words into someones mouth". CBS's reporter who wrote the article is sensationalizing the words of Paul.

From the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...7ad_story.html
Quote:
Paul said he sought to turn illegal immigrants into taxpayers (Paul's actual words), which could ultimately lead to their becoming citizens (authors opinion). Despite early reports that he would endorse a pathway to citizenship in the speech, however, he did not specifically address the citizenship issue.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
I don't know what the exceptions are but it's as plain as day that the majority in this particular poll want illegal immigrants deported. If you don't like my assessment of this poll then so be it. There are plenty of others that reflect the same thing but I am not going to go searching for them and post them here as you would probably remain in denial as you are with this one. One I know was an internet poll and I posted it a few weeks ago. The percent of those opposing illegal immigrants being able to remain here vs allowing them to remain here was much higher.

Perhaps you should concern yourself more with the mere 36% of this poll that wants illegal immigrants to remain here.
the exceptions could have been as innocuoos as...No deportation if the learn English, or no deportation if they are in school or military, or no deportation if have lived in the US for 5 years or more, had green eyes, were right-handed, drank coca-cola...

with out knowing the percentage of those stipulating exceptions the real percentage is only 23% in favor of deportation.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Voluntary on-line polls are not scientific and not accurate which is exactly what the Reuters poll was. The majority says they can stay, and all the major polling firms have been showing that for years now. You know the same polls that have been accurate in elections.
Well then that makes the polls that claim the opposite not scientific or accurate either then, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration