U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,583,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
They don't get denied now. Ask my sister inlaw who works for a Major Hospital here in Calf. They get plenty of illegals who show up, from everything to colds and flu, to other major problems. Their children, make the lines long, they show up for everything. And they do not get turn away now.

Plenty of Doctors or nurses may not show how they really care, but believe me this does tick so many of them off. Because they see Americans who have no insurance at all. They do not feel it is right. But many of them cannot show their true feelings.

illegals should be turned away at hospitals and public schools. at least then the USA would be able to care for its own people then. no public service should be available for any criminal alien to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 03:06 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,509,858 times
I dont know when this video was made, but it was clearly when illegal students wanted the dream act passed.

America has leap-froged over the dream act and legislation is in the House and Senate now to allow illegal aliens a way to lawful status in this country.

Outrage of a video of illgals asking for healthcare is kinda like ..."yelling at the horse to come back after he has bolted form the corral."

late and not all that effective.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,127,848 times
Amnesty would give illegals legal status and if they qualified as LPR then they can sign up for obamacare and they can qualify for the government subsidies on premiums.

The exchanges open October 1. I think amnesty just might be passed by then as the Repubs in Congress seem to be coming around. They are just debating details at this point so amnesty is all but a done deal.
The Reagan amnesty projection was off by a factor of 2.
If that held true today then those 11 million just might turn out to be 20 million.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,583,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Amnesty would give illegals legal status and if they qualified as LPR then they can sign up for obamacare and they can qualify for the government subsidies on premiums.

The exchanges open October 1. I think amnesty just might be passed by then as the Repubs in Congress seem to be coming around. They are just debating details at this point so amnesty is all but a done deal.
The Reagan amnesty projection was off by a factor of 2.
If that held true today then those 11 million just might turn out to be 20 million.

i look at it this way, if they want to let all those criminals in then fine, but secure the damn border 1st before doing it. no matter what washington dc says, the border is not secure.

also, they pay all back taxes since they got here.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM

31,923 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I dont know when this video was made, but it was clearly when illegal students wanted the dream act passed.

America has leap-froged over the dream act and legislation is in the House and Senate now to allow illegal aliens a way to lawful status in this country.

Outrage of a video of illgals asking for healthcare is kinda like ..."yelling at the horse to come back after he has bolted form the corral."

late and not all that effective.
They are asking to be able to go to a doctor's office and have healthcare to cover it. They don't have that yet. What they do now is go to the ER for simple ailments and it is written off just like if they were a citizen without healthcare. So no, the horse hasn't left the corral yet.

America has leap-frogged over the Dream Act? Um, no they haven't it is some members of congress who are doing so by trying to pass legislation like their so-called CIR aka amnesty. That horse hasn't left the corral yet no matter how much you think so and desire it.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:36 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,509,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are asking to be able to go to a doctor's office and have healthcare to cover it. They don't have that yet. What they do now is go to the ER for simple ailments and it is written off just like if they were a citizen without healthcare. So no, the horse hasn't left the corral yet.

America has leap-frogged over the Dream Act? Um, no they haven't it is some members of congress who are doing so by trying to pass legislation like their so-called CIR aka amnesty. That horse hasn't left the corral yet no matter how much you think so and desire it.
It s a a very small matter of time. i can see if you hold out hope and look to Eisnehower for your inspiration i can see why you have a hard time seeing the changes in the country in the past 10 years.

Health care will be offered to those that become lawful residents...

Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,122,528 times
Quote:
It s a a very small matter of time. i can see if you hold out hope and look to Eisnehower for your inspiration i can see why you have a hard time seeing the changes in the country in the past 10 years.

You seem bent on supporting illegals & their activity. Do you agree with the changes via illegal immigration?

Old 03-21-2013, 04:19 PM

31,923 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Quote:

I didn't look to Eisenhower for inspiratiion I was merely replying to the comment that claimed they can't be deported.

Who wouldn't have a problem with unnatural and unlawful changes to our country unless one is a Hispanic with an ethnocentric interest in it and/or have no respect for our immigration laws.

I don't have a problem with healthcare being offered to citizens or legal immigrants but as in the video it is illegal immgrants that are demanding it.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM

361 posts, read 608,236 times
Illegals want EVERYTHING. What is news about this?

Never seen more unmitigated gaul in my life, and the people here are letting it happen.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 PM

884 posts, read 587,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
illegals should be turned away at hospitals and public schools. at least then the USA would be able to care for its own people then. no public service should be available for any criminal alien to use.
While doing an investigation last month at a hospital about 25 miles from the border my abhorrence for both state and federal laws has increased ten fold. The laws stating that any hospital who accepts federal funding for health care, such as medicare, must see anyone who seeks treatment regardless of ability to pay. And California tacks their own BS (title 22) laws to go along with the federal. These laws MUST be modified. Of course anyone seeking treatment for an obvious life threating emergency should be seen.

The laws need to give physicians and ER medical staff more say in who or who doesn't get seen in the ER. I have spoken to a multitude of Emergency room physicians with many years experience who have written an " algorithm" of questions to ask the patient. When determined the patient has no life threating issue then boot, out the door you go.

I guarantee you given a time frame with such policies in place, the ER might actually become one. The laws should be not just for illegals but for everyone. Keep in mind the millions here in California alone the tax payer foots the bill for every month. The the hospital I was at had requested almost 4 million dollars in state funds just for January alone to cover the cost of illegals. The Obama care fiasco will be interesting to say the least.

Last edited by Iluvmycountry; 03-22-2013 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration