U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM

31,522 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Bush like Eisenhower, are irrelevant to today's legislation. New President, New congress, new vote.
But the public hasn't changed their stance on illegal immigration and it was their outrage that kept amnesty from passing the last time.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,993,777 times
That a majority may favor development of a "path to citizenship" doesn't surprise me. People in this country are fair, for the most part. But I doubt many people will support an easy path. I think Jeb Bush, and many Democrats, who've outlined a path which is a bit lengthy and laborious are on the right track and that their proposals will be the ones approved.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
That a majority may favor development of a "path to citizenship" doesn't surprise me. People in this country are fair, for the most part. But I doubt many people will support an easy path. I think Jeb Bush, and many Democrats, who've outlined a path which is a bit lengthy and laborious are on the right track and that their proposals will be the ones approved.
Those who would support this are either bleediing heart liberals or ethnocentrics. It isn't about fairness but cluelessness and complacity on this issue. The former lacks any common sense based on some misplaced compassion and the latter are just ethnically focused. As for our politicians on both sides of the aisle they are just pandering for votes from the Hispanic community fearing their continued growth. If they had secured our borders like they should have their growth wouldn't have been an issue. The rest of us will be paying for it.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 AM

1,736 posts, read 1,418,282 times
This is such a botched poll.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM

10,833 posts, read 11,570,071 times
Quote:
+1! See, we can agree sometimes.

Something has to be done but simply granting a blanket amnesty is not it.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those who would support this are either bleediing heart liberals or ethnocentrics.
And those who don't support something like this, a path but with many speed bumps along the way ... don't belong in the discussion, or harbor prejudices which warp their thought process.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Quote:
And those who don't support something like this, a path but with many speed bumps along the way ... don't belong in the discussion, or harbor prejudices which warp their thought process.
Why are they not Americans?

Old 03-25-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I don't support them being here, period! They should be deported as our immigration laws state. However, removing the incentives for them to remain here would work also. Many would leave on their own and fewer would continue to enter illegally.

Most Americans merely want our immigraton laws respected and enforced and it has nothing to do with prejudice. I don't consider advocating for the above as having a warped thought process. A warped thought process would be desiring legalization/path to citizenship for them when amnesty didn't work the last time and with 23 million Americans out of work this time around.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:15 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
Yeah Right !!! Nice play on the "Race Card".

Most Americans believe in respecting the laws of the US, not Leaches crying and whining about special treatment.

Simple solution is to put it to a vote and watch it go down in flames with the ludicrous " Dreams" of the spawn of Illegals.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't support them being here, period! They should be deported as our immigration laws state. However, removing the incentives for them to remain here would work also. Many would leave on their own and fewer would continue to enter illegally.
I'm with you ... when you say they shouldn't be here and should be deported. That's not practical, though. For many reasons it won't happen. So, register those who are here so we have a better inventory and harshly deal with ones found to have evaded registration or who have entered the country illegally after the adoption of new regulations.

Quote:
Most Americans merely want our immigraton laws respected and enforced and it has nothing to do with prejudice.
Yes, but a succession of government leaders have not had the guts to enforce the laws. Ronald Reagan's amnesty for illegals only encouraged millions of more to come to the country. But do deny that many of the opponents of any sort of legalization/registration of current illegals hold those positions because they're racists ... is to stick your head in the sand. Racism does play a big part in the opposition ... particularly in regards to illegals from Mexico. That's been my observation.

Quote:
I don't consider advocating for the above as having a warped thought process. A warped thought process would be desiring legalization/path to citizenship for them when amnesty didn't work the last time and with 23 million Americans out of work this time around.
Oh, it is a warped thought process ... when you rigidly oppose a realistic solution to a long-standing problem. The problem will only get worse if nothing is done. People need to argue as strongly as they can for as tough a legalization program and then work to support whatever the outcome of the debate is so that we can get better control of the situation. Sticking ones head in the sand or stoping of feet is childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or