U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times

Advertisements

Yes if they are not from Mexico, they will usually let you know immediately!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:38 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
Did they come through Mexico? Or did they fly from their home countries. If they did not cross at the Mexican border, then the statement really doesn't apply to them. I did not say anyone from south of the border is Mexican. I said it is an easy assumption to make that anyone coming over the Mexican border is Mexican. It did not say it was right, I was just acknowledging how this assumption could come into play.
Some came through Mexico, some didn't. The ones from Nicaragua were fleeing a civil war that we had a hand in perpetuating, so I can't criticize their decision to come here. While I'm opposed to illegal immigration, I am NOT opposed to granting asylum to migrants from countries in dire situations...like Somalia, Sudan, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, etc.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Exactly ND they did not come here for mercenary purposes.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:46 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
I changed the title of the thread, it was a statement without supported facts.

I changed it to be a question instead, it is a more accurate presentation of the thread.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
All Illegal Immigrants that enter the U.S illegally come through Mexico. Unless your Cuban and hop on a boat to Florida.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Please stay on topic, concerning the fires in CA.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 PM

635 posts, read 1,559,513 times
Aliens responsbile for bringing water tanks to help devastating CA fires!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:44 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Please stay on topic, concerning the fires in CA.
OK, back to the topic. I live right in the middle of about 12 or 13 huge fires, and was briefly evacuated. My house smells like hell and my eyes are watering and I have to argue with the police every time I try to return home. But in all this past week, I've never heard any rumors about "illegals" having anything remotely to do with this---and our LOCAL fire was apparently definitely arson.

I may not have the whole picture, but no one here seems to be blaming this on illegals.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Default Are Illegals Responsible For Devasting Ca Fires?

ALIPAC's William Gheen will be on the Fox News Neil Cavuto Show today, at 4pm EST to discuss the relationship between the fires in California and illegal aliens.

This is what we know at this time.

Authorities believe that many of the historically devastating fires in Southern California are the results of Arson. There are 16 fires ranging between the border with Mexico and North of Los Angeles. Large rewards are being offered for any information about the arsonists.

So far, authorities have arrested about five people.

Of those 5, 2 are connected to immigration issues and are possibly illegal aliens or representative of an immigration law failure.

ALIPAC has confirmed that Immigration and Customs has an Immigration Hold on the prisoner named Gorgonio Nava. Nava had prior convictions on drug charges.

Gorgonio Nava was arrested with a juvenile and charged with Arson in Vista, CA. Nava is currently being held in the Vista Detention Facility.

Since ICE has a hold on him, he is either an illegal alien or a non-citizen visa holder that faces revocation of his visa!

Another suspect arrested and charged with arson is a 41-year-old man named Catalino Pineda, who is a day laborer from Sun Valley. He is currently in the Los Angeles County Jail, where he was being held on an arson charge and bail was set at $75,000.

Catalino Pineda is being called a "native of Guatemala", by the police and the Los Angeles Daily News, and "He is currently on probation for making excessive false emergency reports to law enforcement, police said"

Homeland Security has just contacted us and say that "Catalino was legally in the country at the time of his arrest for arson."

What we want to know now is did Homeland security not revoke his visa or deport after he was convicted for prior crimes? Homeland security is saying his prior crimes are misdemeanors.

Pineda is most likely a visa holder that should have been deported after his first serious crime, unless he has Temporary Protective Status (TPS) or the paper is in error.

We also know that the Washington Times and other news sources reported illegal alien and drug smugglers have been setting intentional fires on the border, to distract Border Patrol and our security forces.

Illegal Immigration - Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - Illegal Aliens burning America! Illegals using fire to clear border!

One of the big fires in CA started on the border, but we have no information at this time to implicate drug and human smugglers.

Background articles on this information are being added to the homepage now.

MOD CUT

Illegals Break through gates when Border Patrol Flees Fires
Illegal Immigration - Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - Border Gate Cut Open By Illegals During Fire

Catalino Pineda Info
Illegal Immigration - Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - Second arson arrest in Southern Calif.; no arrests in major fires

Gorgonio Nava Info
Illegal Immigration - Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - 2 more arson arrests in Southern California

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-26-2007 at 06:31 PM..

Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 PM

373 posts, read 1,308,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I may not have the whole picture, but no one here seems to be blaming this on illegals.
You are correct; I was not blaming the illegals. I was restating what I had read on another blog and wanted to know if anyone else had heard this from a "CREDIBLE" source. I believe in my first posting I even acknowledged that the original source was prone to bias.

Thank you NEWtoCA, for modifying the post. In retrospect I should have posted as a question. I was actually trying to verify the validity of the information not issue and indictment on the claim. A lesson in the imprecision of the English language and the need for extra care in diligence when posting.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or