U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How does Mexico enforce their immigration laws, I've not seen any comparable level to the enforcement as we have in the United States...
I think you're right. Enforcement in Mexico is lax. One has to consider, also, the level of corruption at all levels of the Mexican government ... including law enforcement and the judiciary. Mexico acts "on demand." For example, there's a prohibition in the Mexican Constitution that foreigners cannot participate in political activities. That's very lightly enforced, however. Foreigners participate all the time. Marches, protests, violence. The Zapatista movement, the domestic terrorists affiliated with the EZLN, is made-up of many foreigners. It's bankrolled by foreign interests, not Mexicans. Many people from the USA live in Mexico in clear/open violation of immigration regulations. They're only punished when it serves someone in power's interests or when they're specifically complained about by someone. We could go on and on and on ... listing these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think you're right. Enforcement in Mexico is lax. One has to consider, also, the level of corruption at all levels of the Mexican government ... including law enforcement and the judiciary. Mexico acts "on demand." For example, there's a prohibition in the Mexican Constitution that foreigners cannot participate in political activities. That's very lightly enforced, however. Foreigners participate all the time. Marches, protests, violence. The Zapatista movement, the domestic terrorists affiliated with the EZLN, is made-up of many foreigners. It's bankrolled by foreign interests, not Mexicans. Many people from the USA live in Mexico in clear/open violation of immigration regulations. They're only punished when it serves someone in power's interests or when they're specifically complained about by someone. We could go on and on and on ... listing these things.
May I refer you back to your post #11? You are contradicting yourself now. When the number of Americans living in Mexico by the millions at the poverty level are taking jobs and benefits from their citizens as Mexicans do in the USA come back and talk to us about it, ok?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You absolutely have no clue what Mexico is like if you seriously believe that Mexico would allow millions of impoverished Americans to simply move in and think they're going to stay there. Imagine our inner cities pouring into Mexico. No way would the racist Mexicans allow it.
Could you be any more "strawman"? That's an absolute pathetic response to my statement. Now do you see why I don't take you seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't have a source saved. Even a pro-illegal poster in here described how illegal aliens are treated in Mexico. I didn't see you challenging him. Why is that? Tell you what, prove Malkin wrong then with a link to a viable sources that disputes what she said.
First you tell me to search the forum to get a comparison. You don't have a source now, and want to deflect off your statement. I'm just asking how you are gaining a perspective that immigration enforcement is at a higher level in Mexico than the United States.

I expect the next response to be that I am "twisting" your words, so here is your complete quote again:

Quote:
Actually, I think we are comparable in our policies it is just that our immigration laws aren't enforced like Mexico enforces theirs. We are too PC in this country and greed and power overules it also. It will be our downfall.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
I hear that Obama is going to meet with Mexico's new president in Mexico in May. Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall on that one. One of the issues to be discussed will be the so-called CIR. Naw, on second thought I have a weak stomach.
I am sure he will be assuring the Mexico prez health care for all illegals and more food stamps. We have people still losing their homes, their jobs and we still feed the world first. Oh and don't forget the 8 million dollars the feds spent on....wait for it....puppets. Yes puppets.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Could you be any more "strawman"? That's an absolute pathetic response to my statement. Now do you see why I don't take you seriously?

First you tell me to search the forum to get a comparison. You don't have a source now, and want to deflect off your statement. I'm just asking how you are gaining a perspective that immigration enforcement is at a higher level in Mexico than the United States.

I expect the next response to be that I am "twisting" your words, so here is your complete quote again:
My source is from the many times it has been reiterated in here. I didn't feel it necessary to save those links. You are unable to search for them? Again, look at what was said by a fellow pro-defender of illegal immigants under this topic. His post is #11. I ask again why are you challenging me but not him?

Old 03-29-2013, 04:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
My source is from the many times it has been reiterated in here. I didn't feel it necessary to save those links. You are unable to search for them?...
This has to be one of the silliest responses I've ever heard from you. When it gets this nonsensical, the rationality for your stance really disintegrates. It announces that you say and believe anything, whether you can prove the premise or not.

Quote:
...Again, look at what was said by a fellow pro-defender of illegal immigants under this topic. His post is #11. I ask again why are you challenging me but not him?
At least he seems to be able to support why he is making certain statements...

Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
This has to be one of the silliest responses I've ever heard from you. When it gets this nonsensical, the rationality for your stance really disintegrates. It announces that you say and believe anything, whether you can prove the premise or not.

At least he seems to be able to support why he is making certain statements...
You're being a bit uncivil in your responses now. What's silly about it? The topic of Mexican enforcement of their immigration laws has been discussed in here many times. What is silly is that you won't bother to search for those topics or links and yet you deny their claims. Yet you say I believe anything? Where is the links to your rebuttal of them? How did he support his statements? I didn't see any links attached to his claims. However he is reiterating what has been disclosed and discussed in here several times.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 PM

9,067 posts, read 9,225,623 times
Quote:
May I refer you back to your post #11? You are contradicting yourself now. When the number of Americans living in Mexico by the millions at the poverty level are taking jobs and benefits from their citizens as Mexicans do in the USA come back and talk to us about it, ok?
While poverty among hispanics in the USA is significantly above the average, I think you are exaggerating a little here. Using 2000 figures (I will post updates if I can find them). A total of 1.71% of Americans at the time were of Mexican ethnicity living below the poverty line. About the same ratio of Mexicans are poor as Puerto Ricans (who are US citizens).

All USA 281,421,906 poverty level 33,899,812 12.4%
Mexicans 20,640,711 poverty level 4,814,500 23.5%
Puerto Ricans 3,406,178 poverty level 853,443 25.8%
Cubans 1,241,685 poverty level 177,935 14.6%
Other Ethnic Hispanics 10,017,244 poverty level 1,951,996 19.5%
Source: Bureau of the Census, U.S. Department of Commerce.

I mean what exactly do you expect? Almost all immigrants in America History were poor. That is generally the reason they are immigrants.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
While poverty among hispanics in the USA is significantly above the average, I think you are exaggerating a little here. Using 2000 figures (I will post updates if I can find them). A total of 1.71% of Americans at the time were of Mexican ethnicity living below the poverty line. About the same ratio of Mexicans are poor as Puerto Ricans (who are US citizens).

I mean what exactly do you expect? Almost all immigrants in America History were poor. That is generally the reason they are immigrants.
This isn't about "immigrants" it is about illegal aliens.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM

200 posts, read 212,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post

The difference is that in American history, the number of those below the poverty line significantly dropped by the generation even when children worked in factories. Granted hispanics are fairly new arrivals, I still doubt we will see any major drop in that, if anything an increase actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration