U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,456,789 times

Advertisements

We can never make the borders secure...We can make those who cross our borders with out having permission very very sorry they did...This we can do.Canada has good control over who crosses their borders because crossing the border dont get them anything..Illegals can not be hired in Canada,,,NO exceptions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
That same promise was made during the last amnesty.
And 3 million back then has turned into 11-20 million now.

Rather than making it more secure, they rolled out the red carpet.

A government that says they are for secure borders on one hand and allows illegals to qualify for government benefits on the other is the government we have today.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,993,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We don't need reform, all we need is enforcement of current laws.
Agreed. And I think we've seen during the first 4 years of the Obama administration substantially higher levels of enforcement along the border, and with illegals, than we saw in the prior couple of decades. More is needed and I think we have the regulations on the books to do it, if they're enforced. And that includes putting out of business any company/employer who hires an illegal alien. Stop the jobs and the inward flow will dwindle to a mere drop in the bucket.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Agreed. And I think we've seen during the first 4 years of the Obama administration substantially higher levels of enforcement along the border, and with illegals, than we saw in the prior couple of decades. More is needed and I think we have the regulations on the books to do it, if they're enforced. And that includes putting out of business any company/employer who hires an illegal alien. Stop the jobs and the inward flow will dwindle to a mere drop in the bucket.
I don't consider Obama rewarding illegals a stay of deportation with work permits as enforcement of our immigration laws along with stopping the deportation of all illegals that don't have a felony on their record and trying to pass an amnesty for millions of them as enforcement of our immigration laws. Enforcement has to be not only at our border but internally also and that includes going after the employers and the illegals themselves.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,993,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Enforcement has to be not only at our border but internally also and that includes going after the employers and the illegals themselves.
Isn't that what I've said? But I doubt anything would make you happy. Did you constantly whine when "W" Bush was alseep at the switch regarding so many things, such as immigration? I doubt it.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Isn't that what I've said? But I doubt anything would make you happy. Did you constantly whine when "W" Bush was alseep at the switch regarding so many things, such as immigration? I doubt it.
Not exactly. You said that Obama was doing a good job of enforcement. I proved you wrong. He is actually stopping the enforcement of our immigraton laws internally and it was proven that his so-called high deportation numbers were scewered.

Whine? Why do you pro-illegals have to make such uncivil remarks? I suggest you tone it down. You certainly assume a lot about me, don't you? I never voted for Bush. I had no use for him. In fact he was nearly as bad as Obama trying to get an amnesty passed.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:25 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Obviously we have an administration that has no intention of enforcing and upholding the laws of this country. They even intend to reward all those who come here illegally, those who commit felony document fraud, steal the identities of American citizens and so on.

And yes -- Bush was also bad and encouraged foreigners to break the laws of this country.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 AM

6,502 posts, read 4,865,349 times
Exclusive: Illegal Border Crossings Double, Border Becomes Less Secure as Beltway Gets Close to Deal on Immigration Reform - Katie Pavlich

Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 AM

10,833 posts, read 11,570,071 times
We (this Country) are so stupid, it's not even funny.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
We (this Country) are so stupid, it's not even funny.
Agreed. People here can't see past the ends of their own noses, it's a disgrace. We're selling out our future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration