U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,908,828 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Doesn't think is the part of the OP that matters most. She doesn't think because her job is to tow the party line. Like all bureaucrats her job isn't to be effective or actually do anything save justify her own existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
 
16,809 posts, read 9,518,360 times
Reputation: 12178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am not saying that our northern border isn't secure but that wouldn't be Canada's responsiblity anyway it would be ours. Knowing how lapse we are on our southern border I wouldn't doubt we are lapse on our northern one also. Again, it is about us not Canada.

Why are you in here yelling at us regular Americans? Our government no longer represents us. No matter who we elect it seems they betray us. Why do you care what good or bad things our government does? It has nothing to do with you! You aren't the one suffering from it. If Canada were offering cheap, illegal labor I am sure our government would treat Canadians just like they are treating Mexicans today and there would be no military intervention. Why are you going into all these hypotheticals? You appear to have a real dislike of this country and I don't understand why. We have no problems with Canada nor do they with us that I am aware of. As I said something is amiss in this but I doubt you will divulge what it is. I ask you to stop beating up on us Americans in here that are trying to make changes in our country and are fighting illegal immmgration and be supportive instead. Is that possible?
I've tried to explain it to you any number of times now but you still don't get it.

You are treating Canda in all your discussions, no differently than Mexico. The implication is both your neighbouring countries are just dying to illegally enter yours and avail themselves of whatever freebies we can get from you.

If you don't have a problem with Canada, why imply then in ALL these discussions that the border with Canada is a porous one that needs address?

Do you even know that Canada and the U.S. sat down and entered into co-operative talks that took over two years to complete to come up with a variety of changes to border crossing inspection protocols. We implemented every one of them.

You also don't seem to have any appreciation for the fact that stupid decisions made by those in Washington have far reaching and deleteriouss effects on other countries that simply fuel the acrimony.

I don't have a problem with your country. I have a problem with the constant disregard for other countries constantly shown by it's citizens though.

I've tried any number of ways to explain my point and if you have no appreciation for it by now, you're not ever likely to so I'm done with this.

Lastly. I wasn't aware I WAS YELLING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,111,023 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I've tried to explain it to you any number of times now but you still don't get it.

You are treating Canda in all your discussions, no differently than Mexico. The implication is both your neighbouring countries are just dying to illegally enter yours and avail themselves of whatever freebies we can get from you.

If you don't have a problem with Canada, why imply then in ALL these discussions that the border with Canada is a porous one that needs address?

Do you even know that Canada and the U.S. sat down and entered into co-operative talks that took over two years to complete to come up with a variety of changes to border crossing inspection protocols. We implemented every one of them.

You also don't seem to have any appreciation for the fact that stupid decisions made by those in Washington have far reaching and deleteriouss effects on other countries that simply fuel the acrimony.

I don't have a problem with your country. I have a problem with the constant disregard for other countries constantly shown by it's citizens though.

I've tried any number of ways to explain my point and if you have no appreciation for it by now, you're not ever likely to so I'm done with this.

Lastly. I wasn't aware I WAS YELLING.
Is Canada 2rd world?
Is Mexico 3rd world?

What group do we have the largest population of illegals Mexicans or Canadians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
 
2 posts, read 1,199 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
[URL="http://hotair.com/archives/2013/03/27/napolitano-we-shouldnt-wait-until-the-border-is-secure-to-legalize-illegals/"]Janet Napolitano: We shouldn’t wait until the border is secure to legalize illegals « Hot Air[/URL]

Embarrassing, appalling, disgusting. When the head of Department of HOMELAND SECURITY doesnt think we should have secure borders before dealing with illegals, we have a huge problem. This slob needs to be fired. And she needs to answer as to why she hasnt done enough to make our borders more secure by now.

To give amnesty or even a path to illegals before securing our borders is foolish. We know damn well how that worked out last time when we took some people word that the borders would be secure. $20 million ILLEGALS or more later, here we are again.

No securing of borders, no path to anything but deportation. And if Obama has any sense of duty he would get rid of this disgusting failure, Janet.
Her income is derived from doing and saying everything her boss, Mr. Obama, tells her to do and say. If she did something else, she wouldn't be the head of the DHS, she would be at the head of the unemployment line. The quickest way to corrupt a person is to either elect them to public office or to be employed by that person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
 
31,837 posts, read 14,662,676 times
Reputation: 8486
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I've tried to explain it to you any number of times now but you still don't get it.

You are treating Canda in all your discussions, no differently than Mexico. The implication is both your neighbouring countries are just dying to illegally enter yours and avail themselves of whatever freebies we can get from you.

If you don't have a problem with Canada, why imply then in ALL these discussions that the border with Canada is a porous one that needs address?

Do you even know that Canada and the U.S. sat down and entered into co-operative talks that took over two years to complete to come up with a variety of changes to border crossing inspection protocols. We implemented every one of them.

You also don't seem to have any appreciation for the fact that stupid decisions made by those in Washington have far reaching and deleteriouss effects on other countries that simply fuel the acrimony.

I don't have a problem with your country. I have a problem with the constant disregard for other countries constantly shown by it's citizens though.

I've tried any number of ways to explain my point and if you have no appreciation for it by now, you're not ever likely to so I'm done with this.

Lastly. I wasn't aware I WAS YELLING.
Where are you getting this that we are treating Canadians like those Mexicans that are coming here illegally? All any of us have ever said is that we need to keep both of our borders secured. Terrorists don't care what border they come through just as long as they get here. We have a double whammy at our southern border because that is where most illegal immigrants have come through. Some seeking work, some criminals and I am sure some seeking to do us harm. Who among us have said that Canadians are just dying to get into our country WHO??? Obviously by their low illegal immigration numbers into our country they are not.

Where did any of us say that Canada isn't complying with any security agreements between the USA? I am concerned about OUR side of both borders because apparently it is OUR government that is lapse on border security.

What disregard do our CITIZENS have for other countries? Hell, our government appears to have no regard for US!

You kept constantly criticizing the citizens of this country for something that is beyond our control and has no affect on Canada anyway. You also kept putting words in our mouth about any discussions of border security either to our south or north. You're right, I don't understand what this is all about in regards to Canada or just what your problem is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 09:41 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,625 posts, read 31,246,066 times
Reputation: 26696
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I've tried to explain it to you any number of times now but you still don't get it.

You are treating Canda in all your discussions, no differently than Mexico. The implication is both your neighbouring countries are just dying to illegally enter yours and avail themselves of whatever freebies we can get from you.

If you don't have a problem with Canada, why imply then in ALL these discussions that the border with Canada is a porous one that needs address?

Do you even know that Canada and the U.S. sat down and entered into co-operative talks that took over two years to complete to come up with a variety of changes to border crossing inspection protocols. We implemented every one of them.

You also don't seem to have any appreciation for the fact that stupid decisions made by those in Washington have far reaching and deleteriouss effects on other countries that simply fuel the acrimony.

I don't have a problem with your country. I have a problem with the constant disregard for other countries constantly shown by it's citizens though.

I've tried any number of ways to explain my point and if you have no appreciation for it by now, you're not ever likely to so I'm done with this.

Lastly. I wasn't aware I WAS YELLING.
*Heavy sigh*

Typing in all caps is the internet equivalent of yelling.

When I speak of 'the borders', I include our border with Canada. Is it porous? Yes. Is it largely undefended? Yes. Are Canadians streaming across in crippling numbers to take low-paying crappy jobs away from Americans? Hell no. So why do I include it?

Because, by and large, it is not Canadians crossing that border illegally and without inspection. It's people from other countries who have either snuck into Canada itself illegally or who were given visas by the Canadian government. It is not unheard of at all for Chinese and Indian nationals to cross the Canadian border illegally. There is also quite the brisk black market in both directions...drugs, both illicit and prescription, cigarettes, liquor, counterfeit goods, you name it.

The undefended, unguarded Canadian border is a problem. It's a problem for both nations, really. It's not nearly as big a problem as our southern border with Mexico. That doesn't mean I blame individual Canadians for the situation. That would be as absurd as blaming individual Americans for our massive problem with illegals. It's not my fault; I didn't invite them here and if I had my way, they'd be on the next thing smoking back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 AM
 
16,809 posts, read 9,518,360 times
Reputation: 12178
I give up; just keep on with your porous borders (plural) stuff. You're obviously not capable of grasping nuances of diplomacy in any event.

Wasting my typing here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,625 posts, read 31,246,066 times
Reputation: 26696
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I give up; just keep on with your porous borders (plural) stuff. You're obviously not capable of grasping nuances of diplomacy in any event.

Wasting my typing here.
I can see my response to you was also wasted, since you clearly didn't read it. It addressed the concerns you raised about us using the plural of 'border'.



Just keep pointing your indignant finger at us if that makes you feel better. You wouldn't be the first foreigner to blame us for your problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
 
16,809 posts, read 9,518,360 times
Reputation: 12178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
*Heavy sigh*

Typing in all caps is the internet equivalent of yelling.

When I speak of 'the borders', I include our border with Canada. Is it porous? Yes. Is it largely undefended? Yes. Are Canadians streaming across in crippling numbers to take low-paying crappy jobs away from Americans? Hell no. So why do I include it?

Because, by and large, it is not Canadians crossing that border illegally and without inspection. It's people from other countries who have either snuck into Canada itself illegally or who were given visas by the Canadian government. It is not unheard of at all for Chinese and Indian nationals to cross the Canadian border illegally. There is also quite the brisk black market in both directions...drugs, both illicit and prescription, cigarettes, liquor, counterfeit goods, you name it.

The undefended, unguarded Canadian border is a problem. It's a problem for both nations, really. It's not nearly as big a problem as our southern border with Mexico. That doesn't mean I blame individual Canadians for the situation. That would be as absurd as blaming individual Americans for our massive problem with illegals. It's not my fault; I didn't invite them here and if I had my way, they'd be on the next thing smoking back home.
*Even heavier sigh*

I'm aware of the caps thingy and prior to the accusation I responded to "yelling" I had typed one word in upper case; the word THEY in post 25 I believe.

I responded in upper case to indicate my familiarity with the concept. I suppose I should have used the sarcasm emoticon to clarify further. ****reaaallly big sigh****

I don't blame individual Americans for the supposed problem of our border security. I have tried patiently to explain where my umbrage lies with the reference by individuals to porous borders with no attempt to differentiate the two.

It would be reasonable for anyone to assume from those references that you do not consider the countries of Canada and Mexico in any different regard when it comes to illegals pouring across because you make no attempt to do so when discussing them.

Undefended? Are you people serious? The whole of the U.K. and a significant portion of Europe can be travelled without encountering the crossing aggro between two supposed allies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
 
193 posts, read 285,380 times
Reputation: 231
How will they self deport if fences are in their way? Just kidding

The real reason is due to with the need for illegal labor. Fences get in the way of that. If lobbyists supported this idea, it would be done. It hasn´t been done with either party among many other things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top