U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:00 PM

1,000 posts, read 880,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
As long as the term is applied to those who are breaking our laws, entering illegally and committing felony document fraud then what's the problem? They are not good law abiding people so what term should they be given?
I personally do not feel he said the term referencing only to illegals but to mexican-americans. I prefer my government not to use any ethnic or racial slur, not even against illegals.

But the gop hates blacks, women and anyone who is not rich, white and male. So please people in the GOP keep talking! your racism and bigotry are the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
I personally do not feel he said the term referencing only to illegals but to mexican-americans. I prefer my government not to use any ethnic or racial slur, not even against illegals.

But the gop hates blacks, women and anyone who is not rich, white and male. So please people in the GOP keep talking! your racism and bigotry are the gift that keeps on giving.
I would be against someone using the term to refer to Americans with Mexican ancestry but I've never heard it used that way. In fact the first time I heard the term was here on the border and it was hispanics who used it. Someone where I worked was talking about having a party but not wanting to clean up and a guy suggested she just find a *one-of-those* to clean up after and so I asked what it meant. He said the term comes from the time when the day workers would come over fully dressed on rafts or big tires and literally you could see them walking around downtown with their backs still wet. This guy was 100% hispanic but now I'm hearing that at the school hispanic kids refer to the kids from Mexico as beaners.

As far as how hispanics will vote, it doesn't matter what the GOP does, any more than it mattered back in Mexico that there was more than one party. They are a one-party people, they voted in the PRI party for decades and would rather flee their country than change how they vote. Now they vote democrat because it's the party that most reminds them of PRI.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:51 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:

I would be against someone using the term to refer to Americans with Mexican ancestry but I've never heard it used that way. In fact the first time I heard the term was here on the border and it was hispanics who used it. Someone where I worked was talking about having a party but not wanting to clean up and a guy suggested she just find a *one-of-those* to clean up after and so I asked what it meant. He said the term comes from the time when the day workers would come over fully dressed on rafts or big tires and literally you could see them walking around downtown with their backs still wet. This guy was 100% hispanic but now I'm hearing that at the school hispanic kids refer to the kids from Mexico as beaners.

As far as how hispanics will vote, it doesn't matter what the GOP does, any more than it mattered back in Mexico that there was more than one party. They are a one-party people, they voted in the PRI party for decades and would rather flee their country than change how they vote. Now they vote democrat because it's the party that most reminds them of PRI.

It's not as though this guy lost the GOP any votes, hispanics weren't voting for anything but democrats anyway.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

No, they vote democratic because the gop is full of crazy people

Michelle bachmann

Mr. Akin

Even romney and lets not forget the people of the cpac advocating for being segregated again.

But i have to love the gop. They just keep talking and talking.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM

29,572 posts, read 12,362,189 times
The party of stupid continues....

Michigan Republican Dave Agema says he is refusing to resign after promoting an article that said “part of the homosexual agenda is to get the public to affirm their filthy lifestyle."
"They say 'Dave's got to withdraw' or 'he's got to resign,' which I'm not going to do," Agema told WWMT Newschannel 3.

Dave Agema Resignation Not Happening, Republican Says (VIDEO)

Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 PM

31,542 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Michigan Republican Dave Agema says he is refusing to resign after promoting an article that said “part of the homosexual agenda is to get the public to affirm their filthy lifestyle."
"They say 'Dave's got to withdraw' or 'he's got to resign,' which I'm not going to do," Agema told WWMT Newschannel 3.

Um, this is the illegal immigration forum.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:47 PM

31,542 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:

"But the gop hates blacks, women and anyone who is not rich, white and male. So please people in the GOP keep talking! your racism and bigotry are the gift that keeps on giving".

Talk about stereotyping an entire party! There you have it folks! Now I know why I could never be a far leftist, liberal. I hate exaggerations and just plain old outright lies. I couldn't look myself in the mirror and live that way.

So one Republican uses that WB word and the whole party is flamed?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:50 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
Mexcians say Gringo and blacks say Honkies.Much about nothing really.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

You should google the video of the cpac with one participant saying he is all pro segregation and the slaves should have been more grateful to their masters .... This just happened like 2 weeks ago.

Oh the gop the party of inclusion, hahahhahah

Old 03-30-2013, 08:31 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Quote:

Is it like how the Democrat lawmakers also use racial derogatory verbage? This in an email from a Alabama Democrat. Animosity anyone?
Quote:
"Your folk never used all this sheit (sic) to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-a**ed, inbreed (sic), imported criminal-minded kin folk."
Alabama lawmaker's email: 'Slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, snaggle-toothed kin folk' | al.com

Is it Ok because the lawmaker is black? Or is there just no such thing as reverse racism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or