U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times

Advertisements

Representative Don Young of Alaska: Don Young apologizes for racial slur – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It was "a term that was commonly used during my days growing up on a farm in Central California"...

Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Cesar Chavez used the same term. And he's been reinvented as the Moses of the illegals who led them to the promised land -- which of course is not the case but the pro-illegals love to reinvent history and now portray Cesar Chavez as nothing but a proponent of ultra cheap labor.

Cesar Chavez's group also set up what they called "wet" patrols.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Not only did Cesar Chavez refer to them by that term, that's how they call them in Mexico.

The translation of "mojado" is "wet one", and they use the term all the time in Mexico -- it's not considered racist.

Los Tigres Del Norte - 3 Veces Mojado (Video Original) - YouTube

Old 03-30-2013, 02:45 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,485,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Cesar Chavez used the same term. And he's been reinvented as the Moses of the illegals who led them to the promised land -- which of course is not the case but the pro-illegals love to reinvent history and now portray Cesar Chavez as nothing but a proponent of ultra cheap labor.

In what context did chavez use the term? I use the term ni**er; not in derogatory meaning, but in an historical context.

Sight a Chavez speech where he refered to undocumented mexican farm worker in a derogatory manor.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,485,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Who reveres Chaves as a "Moses" of illegal aliens? Chaves was worried about American farm workers. Chaves knew that farmers were using illegal undocumented farm workers from mexico to break their strikes. He didnt hate the undocumented farm worker, just the fact that farmers were using them against American farm workers.

Get your facts straight.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:59 AM

3,383 posts, read 6,842,156 times
That sucks. His career is probably over.

What is sad the guy is probably not racis or anything. Just is a real person. In privae and in a high stress job they make jokes and such that are taboo to relax. Just did it so often something slipped out.

A lot of people will understand this behavior, but never the mainstream media. Along with an overly sensitive america that can't laugh at ourselves a little bit.

To me seemed like a politician that was a ltttle less fake.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-30-2013, 06:34 AM

31,538 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Who reveres Chaves as a "Moses" of illegal aliens? Chaves was worried about American farm workers. Chaves knew that farmers were using illegal undocumented farm workers from mexico to break their strikes. He didnt hate the undocumented farm worker, just the fact that farmers were using them against American farm workers.

Get your facts straight.
Many Hispanics who defend illegal immigrants today do tout Chavez as a hero of the migrant farm worker of the past even though he was opposed to illegal immigration. How do I know this? I have read it in many forums and blogs where they have stated as such. Seems like a contradiction to me.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 AM

1,000 posts, read 880,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post

What is sad the guy is probably not racis or anything. Just is a real person. In privae and in a high stress job they make jokes and such that are taboo to relax. Just did it so often something slipped out.

A lot of people will understand this behavior, but never the mainstream media. Along with an overly sensitive america that can't laugh at ourselves a little bit.

So stressful jobs give you right to use racially offensive terms such as the n-word? Wow, all thisis news to me.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 AM

31,538 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post

Not only that but I am sure he wasn't speaking of Mexicans who are citizens or legal immigrants of this country. That slur term is reserved for Mexicans who have been or are in our country illegallly. It just means they swam the Rio Grande to get here. I am sorry but I find it hard to feel bad about any terms describing law breakers. However, he is a politician and knowing how sensitive some groups are he shouldn't have said it and he did apologize.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 AM

1,000 posts, read 880,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but I am sure he wasn't speaking of Mexicans who are citizens or legal immigrants of this country. That slur term is reserved for Mexicans who have been or are in our country illegallly. It just means they swam the Rio Grande to get here. I am sorry but I find it hard to feel bad about any terms describing law breakers. However, he is a politician and knowing how sensitive some groups are he shouldn't have said it and he did apologize.
And now as most people in the gop ie mr. Legitimate rape Akin, his career is over. The best thing is they do it to themselves. Gotta love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or