U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:59 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,627,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Actually, I was hoping that GHOST would respond....thanks, though..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 04:31 PM

1,510 posts, read 711,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK, here goes--
(1) They use lots of water and cause traffic jams---
i was hoping that you would be able to substantiate your complaints. i cant go around looking for counter-arguments to unsourced claims.

i just wonder why water shortages have not been a problem until more recently, giving the history of the undocumented population in this country. do you attribute it to the changing weather or to the population increase. if you feel it is a combination, then who will we deny water if we continue to increase our citizen population?

Quote:
(2) They make the Border Patrol look foolish.....
lol. this isnt a fact, just your own opinion. and how can a bunch of poor mexicans make a federally funded group with weapons, vehicles, and radio communication look foolish?

Quote:
(3) They park on the lawn....
all of them? i wasnt aware that it was against the law. id love to see the law.

Quote:
(4) They can't pronounce "Los Angeles" correctly....

actually, you can't. it's a spanish title.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,428 times
Sorry, I'm not taking the bait.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,627,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i was hoping that you would be able to substantiate your complaints. i cant go around looking for counter-arguments to unsourced claims.

i just wonder why water shortages have not been a problem until more recently, giving the history of the undocumented population in this country. do you attribute it to the changing weather or to the population increase. if you feel it is a combination, then who will we deny water if we continue to increase our citizen population?

lol. this isnt a fact, just your own opinion. and how can a bunch of poor mexicans make a federally funded group with weapons, vehicles, and radio communication look foolish?

all of them? i wasnt aware that it was against the law. id love to see the law.

actually, you can't. it's a spanish title.
Thanks, GHOST.....we've missed you...
See, ProLogic....what did I tell you?......

Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 AM

140 posts, read 79,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
understand that i am attempting to concede or refute complaints, based on citations which i will link (when applicable). please keep your complaints general and short (ie they burden the american taxpayer).

in the end, i would like to keep this as civil and as fact-based as possible, without excerpts of individual occurences.
The biggest issue with illegal immigration is the very simple fact that these people are breaking laws. Their very existence in this country is itself illegal. This, in and of itself, may not be a huge concern but you MUST consider the fact that for these people to remain they must break more and more laws (i.e.- identity theft, tax evasion, falsifying documents, etc.) A bigger issue is that many of these people are violent criminals who harbor a deep resentment and hatred of Americans in general and Caucasians in particular.
Consider a recent CSN article http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200706/POL20070606a.html (broken link) which states that there are roughly 30,000 street gangs totalizing 800,000 members, 90% of which are illegals. Thatís roughly 720,000 illegal aliens who are committing violent crimes ranging from rape and robbery to murder, drug trafficking, prostitution and extortion! Consider also that many crimes committed by these people are sex crimes committed against children. A study conducted by the Violent Crimes Institute analyzed 1,500 violent crimes from January of 1999 through April of 2006. (Here is a link to the report: Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Violent Crimes Institute) In a nutshell, of the 1,500 (of one million cases) that were studied, in depth, 525 or 35% were child molestations, 358 or 24% were rapes and 617 or 41% were sexual homicides and serial murders. Of the child molestations the victims ranged from 1 year old to 13 years old with the average age being 6. Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Sex Crimes
Illegal immigration has become a national crisis because of the crimes that these people are committing! If the majority of these people were peaceful, hardworking, law abiding people I feel that most Americans would have no problems allowing them to become legal citizens. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
How about we secure the borders and let the illegals who are already here stay here. Too much money would be spent hunting down all those 40 something illegal immigrants in the U.S. Why not put that money to secure the border to prevent future people from coming in? We seem to be doing fine with the ones we have now.
Prologic; we are not "Doing Fine" with the illegals that we have now. Too many of them are violent criminals. Securing the borders is simply not enough! For the ones that are, with the exception of illegally entering the country, law abiding, let them pay a huge fine, deport them, and then let them follow the proper procedures to work legally in our country.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 AM

537 posts, read 313,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Sorry, I'm not taking the bait.
Exactly what it is too. Nothing but a flame an d troll baiting opening post and nothing erlse.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Exactly what it is too. Nothing but a flame an d troll baiting opening post and nothing erlse.
that is quite a claim, considering i was opening up a general thread for debate on popular complaints. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-28-2007 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: don't comment on others

Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 PM

756 posts, read 1,757,871 times
There illegal need there be more!!!!!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM

um, yes....

Old 10-28-2007, 10:38 PM

756 posts, read 1,757,871 times
Them being illegal is all we need.

We as the people,do not have to justife why we want illegals deported.

There illegal that is the complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or