U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:03 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,161,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
1. Sanctuary cities. . .I live in one and hate it.
2. Never ending volleyball games all week, along with the cars, the noise, and the trash after the games. (Does this only happen in NJ?)
3. My real estate tax dollars paying for illegals in schools.
I'm moving to a suburb of Dallas that has far fewer illegals than Dallas itself does. The taxes are lower overall but since I will still be in Dallas County, I still have to pay taxes for Parkland Hospital, where over half of live births are to illegal Hispanic women.

But at least I will get away from the loud outdoor barbecues and wolf whistles, unless the illegals decide to invade the nearby park without calling ahead first to reserve it (they never do). They do this in neighborhoods in Dallas, including very wealthy ones, and the noise they make and garbage they leave behind is unbelievable. 15 years ago it was a different story; Latinos would still have boisterous parties in local parks but they were not noisy and always cleaned up their trash (like any other American using the park). I bet the difference is that those Latinos having those parties 15 years ago were Americans and the ones doing it now are illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:49 PM

709 posts, read 1,542,049 times
Quote:
I'm moving to a suburb of Dallas that has far fewer illegals than Dallas itself does. The taxes are lower overall but since I will still be in Dallas County, I still have to pay taxes for Parkland Hospital, where over half of live births are to illegal Hispanic women.

But at least I will get away from the loud outdoor barbecues and wolf whistles, unless the illegals decide to invade the nearby park without calling ahead first to reserve it (they never do). They do this in neighborhoods in Dallas, including very wealthy ones, and the noise they make and garbage they leave behind is unbelievable. 15 years ago it was a different story; Latinos would still have boisterous parties in local parks but they were not noisy and always cleaned up their trash (like any other American using the park). I bet the difference is that those Latinos having those parties 15 years ago were Americans and the ones doing it now are illegals.
I remember the Fox News Channel did a report awhile back about how Hispanic owned pizzeria restaurants in Dallas accept Mexican pesos as payment.

This is no longer the Dallas that J.R Ewing grew up in.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM

13,723 posts, read 25,305,954 times
They took our juuubs.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Amen to that , I think people are just jealous they dont have
the same strong family and work ethics so they find a way to poke fun
to make them feel better.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanlover1 View Post
OR
People are sick of illegals lack of ethics, lack of respect for our laws and pretty much the illegals entitlment mentality.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
OR
People are sick of illegals lack of ethics, lack of respect for our laws and pretty much the illegals entitlment mentality.
I'm tired of seeing the numbers that they cost us, the burden on our society , knowing that they are driving without a license or insurance and impacting our kid's schools.

Other than that........

Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm tired of seeing the numbers that they cost us, the burden on our society , knowing that they are driving without a license or insurance and impacting our kid's schools.

Other than that........
I am tired of the enablers, the excuses and the idea that well since they are here we owe them a pass. But more than all that I am tired of this idea that somehow the USA owes the whole damn world a VISA.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:08 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
knowing that they are driving without a license or insurance
Well, we all know that problem can be fixed by allowing them licenses and insurance. Problem solved!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Well, we all know that problem can be fixed by allowing them licenses and insurance. Problem solved!
A year in driving school couldn't hurt either.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanlover1 View Post
Try again.

If said illegals had such a strong work ethic-----------how come their own nations are such loser societies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or