U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 PM
 
385 posts, read 613,761 times
Reputation: 125

Advertisements

My thing is, honestly as a second generation Mexican, my father was born here, his father was a citizen, and his father was a citizen ( They obtained citizenship but were not born here). My mother actually crossed when the border was a barbwire 2 foot fence that was tossed on the ground, she said when she crossed the border patrol actually just walked right by her. Now my mother worked hard, sewing clothes and actually became a quality controller, learned english and now runs our family business. Her sister however came before her and never learned English and is a maid, which angers me because she never had any motivation to become something better.
The people who hide behind their racism and say, I dont have anything against the Mexican race but say they are against it because they are breaking a law, and a law is a law... Blacks without walking papers was against the law, doesnt mean it was a good one, some laws were meant to be broken.
Others say, its cause they dont learn the language and my grand papi had to learn English... No they didnt... If your historical bloodline came from England they knew English and if they were French, Italian, or something else they went to communities such as little Italy, New Orleans, etc... These didnt start as tourist spots they actually were community centers for those Europeans and they died not learning English, their children learned English. And honestly nothing will satisfy some of you, if they sing the national Anthem in English, they disgrace it cause of their accent, if they sing it in Spanish, its not American...
Also, when did Spainish become non-American? As far as I know America is a melting pot of races, classes, cultures, if pizza is said to be from Italians and its American why cant tacos be American as well? What is American? Burger King?
Others are mad because everything is in Spainish nowadays and their tired of Marachis... You should know when you go to Los Angles, and San Diego whos names are in Spanish, youre going into a historical Mexican area, expect it, accept it, move on.
Others complain they take our jobs, if a Mexican took your job, you had a crappy ass job, Americans expect too much for too little, some will pick fruit, but honestly would you pick fruit for min wage? When was the last time you seen an illegal doctor in the ER, their not taking quality American jobs.
As far as coming in legally, its not as simple as when your grandparents came, plus we let scientist, artist come in legal, we dont need them! We need labor workers! We got enough talent in the US for doctors, engineers, we need Visas for people to sew clothes!
Also, honestly would you rather have a Mexican who works here, spends money to eat here, rent here, than giving your jobs overseas to Chinese and Indians who wont spend anything here?
Why is our focus on immigration? Our focus should be on people buying Toyotas, buying China-Mart, buying HP computers who have tech support in India, Nike doesnt have 1 factory in the US, yet we think our problems are in the south?
Also those who say Mexicans are criminals, away from los angeles and texas, whites are majority in the US prison system, and more than half of mexicans in jail are born here and are therefore Americans just with darker skin, if you want to deport us for being a "violent race" then stats prove whites should be all deported to europe by that standard.
The arguement of how Mexico is a thrid world country, really? Ive been to memphis and seen places there that make pueblos look like the 90210, plus most of the countries you came from werent better, potatoe famine.
People look down upon Mexicans, why? We're the only country that didnt need US help to revolt, we won our independance through fighting, blood, twice, spain and french. We're not Iraq who needed the U.S. we even helped in WW2, we're your brother in arms people, have pride in us as great friends like we see you.
History books dont give us enough credit, Texas immigrants flooded into Texas illegally and only revolted against Spanish Mexico because they outlawed slavery, we were on the good side since the start.
I'm not speaking on anti-American terms, I'm just stating, if you rationally think through your anti-Mexican phil's then maybe we can get along better and build our country against focusing on the right areas, bring our jobs home, bring our troops home, increase the peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
My thing is, honestly as a second generation Mexican, my father was born here, his father was a citizen, and his father was a citizen ( They obtained citizenship but were not born here). My mother actually crossed when the border was a barbwire 2 foot fence that was tossed on the ground, she said when she crossed the border patrol actually just walked right by her. Now my mother worked hard, sewing clothes and actually became a quality controller, learned english and now runs our family business. Her sister however came before her and never learned English and is a maid, which angers me because she never had any motivation to become something better.
The people who hide behind their racism and say, I dont have anything against the Mexican race but say they are against it because they are breaking a law, and a law is a law... Blacks without walking papers was against the law, doesnt mean it was a good one, some laws were meant to be broken.
Others say, its cause they dont learn the language and my grand papi had to learn English... No they didnt... If your historical bloodline came from England they knew English and if they were French, Italian, or something else they went to communities such as little Italy, New Orleans, etc... These didnt start as tourist spots they actually were community centers for those Europeans and they died not learning English, their children learned English. And honestly nothing will satisfy some of you, if they sing the national Anthem in English, they disgrace it cause of their accent, if they sing it in Spanish, its not American...
Also, when did Spainish become non-American? As far as I know America is a melting pot of races, classes, cultures, if pizza is said to be from Italians and its American why cant tacos be American as well? What is American? Burger King?
Others are mad because everything is in Spainish nowadays and their tired of Marachis... You should know when you go to Los Angles, and San Diego whos names are in Spanish, youre going into a historical Mexican area, expect it, accept it, move on.
Others complain they take our jobs, if a Mexican took your job, you had a crappy ass job, Americans expect too much for too little, some will pick fruit, but honestly would you pick fruit for min wage? When was the last time you seen an illegal doctor in the ER, their not taking quality American jobs.
As far as coming in legally, its not as simple as when your grandparents came, plus we let scientist, artist come in legal, we dont need them! We need labor workers! We got enough talent in the US for doctors, engineers, we need Visas for people to sew clothes!
Also, honestly would you rather have a Mexican who works here, spends money to eat here, rent here, than giving your jobs overseas to Chinese and Indians who wont spend anything here?
Why is our focus on immigration? Our focus should be on people buying Toyotas, buying China-Mart, buying HP computers who have tech support in India, Nike doesnt have 1 factory in the US, yet we think our problems are in the south?
Also those who say Mexicans are criminals, away from los angeles and texas, whites are majority in the US prison system, and more than half of mexicans in jail are born here and are therefore Americans just with darker skin, if you want to deport us for being a "violent race" then stats prove whites should be all deported to europe by that standard.
The arguement of how Mexico is a thrid world country, really? Ive been to memphis and seen places there that make pueblos look like the 90210, plus most of the countries you came from werent better, potatoe famine.
People look down upon Mexicans, why? We're the only country that didnt need US help to revolt, we won our independance through fighting, blood, twice, spain and french. We're not Iraq who needed the U.S. we even helped in WW2, we're your brother in arms people, have pride in us as great friends like we see you.
History books dont give us enough credit, Texas immigrants flooded into Texas illegally and only revolted against Spanish Mexico because they outlawed slavery, we were on the good side since the start.
I'm not speaking on anti-American terms, I'm just stating, if you rationally think through your anti-Mexican phil's then maybe we can get along better and build our country against focusing on the right areas, bring our jobs home, bring our troops home, increase the peace.
You are generalizing about the sentiments of Americans. Most Americans are not racist against Mexicans or anyone else just as long as they are here legally. We have a lot of problems in this country one of which is illegal immigration whether you want to admit it or not. You seem to be in denial about the negative impact of it. You as an American citizen need to realize that you are obligated to respect our laws and to put your country first not ethnic ties to illegal foreigners.

There is no comparison to the plight of black Americans and illegal aliens in our country today and our immigration policies are very fair and our quotas for legal immigration are also. We cannot accomodate every needy person in the world without committing national suicide.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-21-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 AM
 
385 posts, read 613,761 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are generalizing about the sentiments of Americans. Most Americans are not racist against Mexicans or anyone else just as long as they are here legally. We have a lot of problems in this country one of which is illegal immigration whether you want to admit it or not. You seem to be in denial about the negative impact of it. You as an American citizen need to realize that you are obligated to respect our laws and to put your country first not ethnic ties to illegal foreigners.

There is no comparison to the plight of black Americans and illegal aliens in our country today and our immigration policies are very fair and our quotas for legal immigration are also. We cannot accomodate every needy person in the world without committing national suicide.
i totally understand you. i an a tax preparer and every low income job i see is held by mexicans, citizens either hold desk jobs or some cook, but none do manual labor except afew construction workers. my thing is, we need a quicker way to let immigrants in to fill jobs we're losing. we dont have enough americans to sew, pick fruit, cook in the back of a mom and pops dinner, clean homes, etc. yes this means better ties with mexico si we can reasearch their background, yes this may mean a program to connect with employers to fill jobs faster. it aso means no free lunches fir people who just got here. unless the youth of today will pick up the slack and do these jobs i feel they will be gone forever, hard working old timers can physically cut it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
i totally understand you. i an a tax preparer and every low income job i see is held by mexicans, citizens either hold desk jobs or some cook, but none do manual labor except afew construction workers. my thing is, we need a quicker way to let immigrants in to fill jobs we're losing. we dont have enough americans to sew, pick fruit, cook in the back of a mom and pops dinner, clean homes, etc. yes this means better ties with mexico si we can reasearch their background, yes this may mean a program to connect with employers to fill jobs faster. it aso means no free lunches fir people who just got here. unless the youth of today will pick up the slack and do these jobs i feel they will be gone forever, hard working old timers can physically cut it anymore.
There are a lot more manual labor jobs that have been taken from Americans by illegal aliens than construction ones. We do not have a shortage of American workers to do most of those jobs. The farmers have unlimited H-2A visas for LEGAL immigrant workers but it is more profitable for them to hire illegal workers instead. It is the same reason that employers hire illegal aliens for other jobs also instead of Americans or legal immigrants. Sorry, but it is against the law.

Hard working old timers? What? when did we run out of young able-bodied Americans in this country? There will always be a class of Americans who desire to do blue collar work for a living. You really need to educate yourself on this subject.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-21-2011 at 08:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 AM
 
2,671 posts, read 2,705,775 times
Reputation: 1979
My biggest complaint about illegal immigration is that American corporations actively recruit and hire them. Why? 1) Because they are here illegally and have no rights, so they can be easily abused and underpaid by corporations and companies; 2) It drags down wages (but that's the point of corporations who actively hire them!!!!!!!); 3) I abhor unjust treatment, and illegal labor makes it so easy for that to happen, 4) We need limits to the number of immigrants, but since many Americans are too stupid to figure out if you want to fix a problem, nix it at the core. They will continue to spend their money buying the products from companies that actively recruit and hire illegal labor. Low IQ's run rampant amongst xenophobes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
My biggest complaint about illegal immigration is that American corporations actively recruit and hire them. Why? 1) Because they are here illegally and have no rights, so they can be easily abused and underpaid by corporations and companies; 2) It drags down wages (but that's the point of corporations who actively hire them!!!!!!!); 3) I abhor unjust treatment, and illegal labor makes it so easy for that to happen, 4) We need limits to the number of immigrants, but since many Americans are too stupid to figure out if you want to fix a problem, nix it at the core. They will continue to spend their money buying the products from companies that actively recruit and hire illegal labor. Low IQ's run rampant amongst xenophobes.
There are three guilty parties in this illegal immigration mess and that is the employers, our government and the illegals themselves. The pro-illegals however don't want to put any blame on the illegals at all. If they don't want to be exploited by the employers then they shouldn't come illegally to our country to work. I am not excusing the employers in any way but that's what happens when you don't work within the laws of our country. You will probably be expolited and mistreated by the greedy employer. You asked why the employers hire them? For more profit that's why. They know that these illegals won't complain because the employer can turn them in to ICE.

We have no way of knowing who employs illegals and who doesn't. What are we to do boycott every American business because they "might" be one who hires illegals? Surely you jest.

What does "xenophobia" (a fear of strangers) have to do with the topic we are discussing? I smell the rancid scent of the race card in the air.

It isn't stupidity why this mess isn't being fixed. It is because our government and the employers are in cahoots together. We regular Americans are taking every step to end this mess and that includes insisting that the employers be fined and jailed, our immigration laws are enforced and that our borders are secured. So who are the stupid ones now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
 
385 posts, read 613,761 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There are three guilty parties in this illegal immigration mess and that is the employers, our government and the illegals themselves. The pro-illegals however don't want to put any blame on the illegals at all. If they don't want to be exploited by the employers then they shouldn't come illegally to our country to work. I am not excusing the employers in any way but that's what happens when you don't work within the laws of our country. You will probably be expolited and mistreated by the greedy employer. You asked why the employers hire them? For more profit that's why. They know that these illegals won't complain because the employer can turn them in to ICE.

We have no way of knowing who employs illegals and who doesn't. What are we to do boycott every American business because they "might" be one who hires illegals? Surely you jest.

What does "xenophobia" (a fear of strangers) have to do with the topic we are discussing? I smell the rancid scent of the race card in the air.

It isn't stupidity why this mess isn't being fixed. It is because our government and the employers are in cahoots together. We regular Americans are taking every step to end this mess and that includes insisting that the employers be fined and jailed, our immigration laws are enforced and that our borders are secured. So who are the stupid ones now?
no way, you have companies who outright hire illegals and nothing happens, loo k at american apperal who has it posted on their building in an extra large sign. i dont blame illegals for working, mexican, asian any race. i blame companies for hiring and people who buy their products to save 50 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 03:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
no way, you have companies who outright hire illegals and nothing happens, loo k at american apperal who has it posted on their building in an extra large sign. i dont blame illegals for working, mexican, asian any race. i blame companies for hiring and people who buy their products to save 50 cents.
This is why we have the term "Illegal Alien apologist". Some think the list of laws broken by them to obtain work here is ok. I'm going to guess that is because they are related in some way by blood or race.


All those jobs you speak of "Americans won't do" would have people lining up to do them if illegal labor hadn't brought wages down to the point no one can live off of that wage.

Remove the illegals, fine and jail the illegal employers and wages will once again rise to the point they are palatable for Americans and legal workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
My thing is, honestly as a second generation Mexican, my father was born here, his father was a citizen, and his father was a citizen ( They obtained citizenship but were not born here). .
If it's as you say, don't you mean second generation AMERICAN? Or was that just a small Freudian slip?

(eta: I just noticed that apparently while your father may have been a citizen it seems your mother was a border jumper so never mind........carry on)

Quote:
My mother actually crossed when the border was a barbwire 2 foot fence that was tossed on the ground, she said when she crossed the border patrol actually just walked right by her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
no way, you have companies who outright hire illegals and nothing happens, loo k at american apperal who has it posted on their building in an extra large sign. i dont blame illegals for working, mexican, asian any race. i blame companies for hiring and people who buy their products to save 50 cents.
You're wrong! Many employers have been fined for hiring illegal aliens. The problem is trying to prove that they "knowingly" hired them. Without e-verify and the illegals using very authentic looking fake or stolen documents it is hard to prove. I'd like a link to your claims that American Apparel put up a billboard advertising for illegal workers.

Why don't you blame illegals for working in our country illegally? Why do you make them innocent? What they are doing is against the law. Doesn't that matter to you? So you would only blame the bank robber but not the guy driving the get-a-way car?

Once again, there is no way of knowing who is hiring illegal aliens and who isn't until they are caught. You know of someone other way to tell ahead of time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top