U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 PM

193 posts, read 284,990 times

Advertisements

People are so blatantly ignorant the economic issue of immigration. Itīs very racial in nature, with intent to enrage and distract people from how bad they are getting screwed over.

We went from slavery to sharecropping to slave wages to illegal immigration. A huge amount of economic production in this country was done this way. Now weīre outsourcing to keep it going. It has to stop. There is no future in it.

It has little to do with political parties, it has to do with a long chain of nepotism, greed and corruption. A long chain that seeking simply to make a buck by all means necessary. That is the reason we have had military activity in the middle east, that is the reason we have overthrown governments in Chile, Guatemala, Iran and elsewhere.

People are tired of hearing this, but it is completely relevant to the economic situation.
The fact is that 10% of people in this country hold 70% of the wealth in this country. the Top 1% holds 40%. It has gotten that way, because of all the corruption, greed of our most trusted elected officials. A lot of these people have no interest in decent wages to anyone legal or not if they can. Citizenship is secondary to their slave or slave wage labor needs. U.S. Citizens were sharecroppers, child laborers, farmworkers as well. So, you guys are missing the argument.

I own a commercial fishing business and I compete against large companies either outsourcing labor or employing illegal labor. They offer no benefits, wages outside of most US legal jurisdiction and no politician is concerned about this. The same goes on inland, especially in TX and California.

I only employ U.S. employees that are skilled deckhands that can improve my yields and products. 10% of which, actually get a higher salary than me. I offer premium products that are tested for quality, including toxic elements, so I am able to stay in business by charging a premium. Thatīs the only way I can hire US employees. It doesnīt work otherwise in the current economic environment. Itīs a crazy scheme, but it works for us.

What should be focused on in this immigration debate, are the effects of our trade policies with other countries. NAFTA killed Mexicoīs agriculture industry, it was flooded with cheap and subpar food. Mexico had many corn varieties and several farm workers that were eventually put out of use because of NAFTA. A lot of them are now migrant workers in the US that might be otherwise maintaining a living home, where many want to be.

Our trade policies with China allows manipulation of the yuan, ignorance of worker conditions and as a result cheap products for us. This floods the market against decent Americans trying to produce domestic products. It is simply not a level playing field.

Politicians are focused on small talking points, job count or rate increases, immigrant count, except percents, no matter how comprehensively good or bad. This is for a reason. The quality of pay and benefits is going down. Itīs that simple.

Until politicians start employing pro-domestic and competitive production policies this country is doomed to be a slave wage force. Citizenship will not matter.

They are doing everything in their power not to even bring it up. Itīs unthinkable to be that patriotic.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 AM

23,615 posts, read 31,177,547 times
Oh, I see the bigger picture. But nobody gives a damn about what I think.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Status: "waite untill next year. It was fun while it lasted !" (set 14 days ago)

4,653 posts, read 4,489,941 times
Default immigration

There is no labor shortage, if there were a labor shortage wages would be going up. Americans must understand that their demands for "cheap" goods and services is the main driver of the illegal workforce. I for one am willing to accept paying $1.50 or even $2 for a head of lettuce to accomodate a non-indentured work force. Create a shortage of labor and wages will rise and if wages rise more citizens will be willing to perform this work that "they" claim Americans will not do.

"They" blamed the illegals for taking American jobs, when the whole time they should have been blamming the demand side of the immigration issue. Throw these illegal employers in jail for 6 months at a time and perhaps they will avoid the easy temptation of illegal labor....

Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM

31,634 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
There is no labor shortage, if there were a labor shortage wages would be going up. Americans must understand that their demands for "cheap" goods and services is the main driver of the illegal workforce. I for one am willing to accept paying $1.50 or even $2 for a head of lettuce to accomodate a non-indentured work force. Create a shortage of labor and wages will rise and if wages rise more citizens will be willing to perform this work that "they" claim Americans will not do.

"They" blamed the illegals for taking American jobs, when the whole time they should have been blamming the demand side of the immigration issue. Throw these illegal employers in jail for 6 months at a time and perhaps they will avoid the easy temptation of illegal labor....
Most Americans do not hire illegal immigrants and we do hold those who hire them accountable. E-verify should be mandated in every workplace and that will put an end to the greedy employers unlawful hiring practices and will remove the job incentive for illegal immigrants to come here. Remove the benefits and birthright citizenship magnets also and we would have illegal immigration down to a trickle.

There wouldn't be huge increase in prices without illegal immigrant labor either. The employers are just pocketing the profits and then passing their social costs on to we the taxpayer. They are of absolute no benefit to the average American not to mention our overcrowed facilities such as schools, jails and hospitals.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddoctor View Post
People are so blatantly ignorant the economic issue of immigration. Itīs very racial in nature, with intent to enrage and distract people from how bad they are getting screwed over.

We went from slavery to sharecropping to slave wages to illegal immigration. A huge amount of economic production in this country was done this way. Now weīre outsourcing to keep it going. It has to stop. There is no future in it.

It has little to do with political parties, it has to do with a long chain of nepotism, greed and corruption. A long chain that seeking simply to make a buck by all means necessary. That is the reason we have had military activity in the middle east, that is the reason we have overthrown governments in Chile, Guatemala, Iran and elsewhere.

People are tired of hearing this, but it is completely relevant to the economic situation.
The fact is that 10% of people in this country hold 70% of the wealth in this country. the Top 1% holds 40%. It has gotten that way, because of all the corruption, greed of our most trusted elected officials. A lot of these people have no interest in decent wages to anyone legal or not if they can. Citizenship is secondary to their slave or slave wage labor needs. U.S. Citizens were sharecroppers, child laborers, farmworkers as well. So, you guys are missing the argument.

I own a commercial fishing business and I compete against large companies either outsourcing labor or employing illegal labor. They offer no benefits, wages outside of most US legal jurisdiction and no politician is concerned about this. The same goes on inland, especially in TX and California.

I only employ U.S. employees that are skilled deckhands that can improve my yields and products. 10% of which, actually get a higher salary than me. I offer premium products that are tested for quality, including toxic elements, so I am able to stay in business by charging a premium. Thatīs the only way I can hire US employees. It doesnīt work otherwise in the current economic environment. Itīs a crazy scheme, but it works for us.

What should be focused on in this immigration debate, are the effects of our trade policies with other countries. NAFTA killed Mexicoīs agriculture industry, it was flooded with cheap and subpar food. Mexico had many corn varieties and several farm workers that were eventually put out of use because of NAFTA. A lot of them are now migrant workers in the US that might be otherwise maintaining a living home, where many want to be.

Our trade policies with China allows manipulation of the yuan, ignorance of worker conditions and as a result cheap products for us. This floods the market against decent Americans trying to produce domestic products. It is simply not a level playing field.

Politicians are focused on small talking points, job count or rate increases, immigrant count, except percents, no matter how comprehensively good or bad. This is for a reason. The quality of pay and benefits is going down. Itīs that simple.

Until politicians start employing pro-domestic and competitive production policies this country is doomed to be a slave wage force. Citizenship will not matter.

They are doing everything in their power not to even bring it up. Itīs unthinkable to be that patriotic.
If I had $10 in my pocket and no debt I would be wealthier than 25% of the US. Imagine if I had 20$ in my pocket and no debt. You have failed economics.

What is a decent wage? Why should employers be responsible for your health care and various other personal issues? Seems you don't understand the argument.

Migrant farm workers were coming here prior to NAFTA. For many, it is a "right of passage" to manhood to leave the home, go to the US and work, send money home and buy land and build a house in their country of origin. For others it was an escape from civil wars within their nations.

Is China suppose to have the exact same work/labor rules as the US? Aren't they an individual nation in charge of themselves? Wouldn't the level playing field be better suited if tariffs were placed on imports? (The downside is that China would also place tariffs on US made goods and thus decrease US production further - again you failed economics)

Quality of pay is going down, over supply of labor does that, but then so does trade and competition. Why must a company offer benefits? They are not required to.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Exactly. It's all part of the globalism and the destruction of the American middle class. The elites benefit from cheap labor and the costs of that cheap labor is simply passed to the middle class taxpayers.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
If I had $10 in my pocket and no debt I would be wealthier than 25% of the US. Imagine if I had 20$ in my pocket and no debt. You have failed economics.

Is China suppose to have the exact same work/labor rules as the US? Aren't they an individual nation in charge of themselves? Wouldn't the level playing field be better suited if tariffs were placed on imports? (The downside is that China would also place tariffs on US made goods and thus decrease US production further - again you failed economics)

Youīre telling someone that has a 8 figure net worth and owns a business operating in 3 states that they failed economics. Thatīs rich.

China has a trade policy targeting the extraction of funds from US and Western Europe as it stands now. This nation did very well with domestic production for many years of most common products.

This production outsourcing practice has a domino effect as it relates to the real valuation of the US economy and dollar. Simply stated, consumers worldwide donīt need dollars anymore to by most goods outside of Oil, which is foreign produced as it is. The currency is artificially inflated and will devalue substantially at some point.

In conclusion, you McCheap penny saving crap isnīt worth more of my time. Feel free to self deport yourself.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:

Youīre telling someone that has a 8 figure net worth and owns a business operating in 3 states that they failed economics. Thatīs rich.

China has a trade policy targeting the extraction of funds from US and Western Europe as it stands now. This nation did very well with domestic production for many years of most common products.

This production outsourcing practice has a domino effect as it relates to the real valuation of the US economy and dollar. Simply stated, consumers worldwide donīt need dollars anymore to by most goods outside of Oil, which is foreign produced as it is. The currency is artificially inflated and will devalue substantially at some point.

In conclusion, you McCheap penny saving crap isnīt worth more of my time. Feel free to self deport yourself.
Liquid Reigns is a citizen of this country so why would he self-deport?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Liquid Reigns is a citizen of this country so why would he self-deport?
Suicide prevention.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Suicide prevention.
I wasn't aware that he is suicidal. He seems like a well adjusted and sane person to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or