U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:52 PM

23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Hispanics immigrants are more and more becoming the targets of robbers. This is due to a theory that Illegals cant open bank accounts therefore are more likely to carry large amounts of cash on them. Some robbers even wait outside check-cashing places on payday to get their loot from hispanics.

From my experience working inside a bank, hispanics do tend to cash big checks and carry more cash from their deposits/withdrawls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
i cant wait to hear who justifies robbery... im sure those robbers are equally distributing the money amongst citizens, right?

Old 10-27-2007, 04:59 PM

537 posts, read 312,205 times
The idiots who are robbing should receive jail time of course. But, and this is a major BUT, the illegals would not be robbed if they were not in the country in the first place. All lawbreakers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 PM

2,721 posts, read 7,475,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
The idiots who are robbing should receive jail time of course. But, and this is a major BUT, the illegals would not be robbed if they were not in the country in the first place. All lawbreakers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
AMEN! I dont think I could have said it any better!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
AMEN! I dont think I could have said it any better!
Thank you!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
the illegals would not be robbed if they were not in the country in the first place
so now the crime victims are to blame? what about citizens who get robbed? is it their fault for being in the country too?

Old 10-27-2007, 06:33 PM

23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so now the crime victims are to blame? what about citizens who get robbed? is it their fault for being in the country too?
nobody is blaming the hispanics who get robbed. but walking around with 2 or 3 thousand in benjamins in a high-crime area when you fit the profile of high-yield robbery victims aint smart.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
Go ahead and take what you wanted out of context. It shows you for what you believe. I said that ALL lawbreakers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The facts are that if the illegals had not been here they would not get robbed. Don't like the facts? Then go ahead and live in your fantasy world. Yes, many citizens do in fact put themselves in situations to be robbed and attacked. Not all of course but many do.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and take what you wan ted out of context. It shows you for what you believe. I said that ALL lawbreakers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The facts are that if the illegals had not been here they would not get robbed. Don't like the facts? Then go ahead and live in your fantasy world. Yes, many citizens do in fact put themselves in situations to be robbed and attacked. Not all of course but many do.
if the robbers hadnt robbed the illegals, they wouldnt have been robbed. thats the only important factor.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:54 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Hispanics immigrants are more and more becoming the targets of robbers. This is due to a theory that Illegals cant open bank accounts therefore are more likely to carry large amounts of cash on them. Some robbers even wait outside check-cashing places on payday to get their loot from hispanics.

From my experience working inside a bank, hispanics do tend to cash big checks and carry more cash from their deposits/withdrawls.

It is too bad that this type of thing happens. Nothing IMO, justifies this criminal behavior.

I would suggest however that those here illegally be aware that they ARE targets and should act accordingly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration