Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:11 PM

140 posts, read 111,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
you are a poor, uneducated person in a country with almost no social programs. a neighboring country pays the equivalent of $50/hr for menial tasks. legally entering the country costs more money than you have (or have access to). do you continue to live in poverty, or attempt to find work?
You are are a criminal who has run out of victims in your home country however, to the north is a rich, trusting country with a constitution and a bill of rights that protect even you, a criminal and a petty thief. So, you sneak into the country and discover that there are systems in place that will allow you to rob the country blind with no fear of reprisal save for the slim chance that you could be deported. So, after of years living as a parasite you decide that life is booring so you pick up the host countrys flag, desecrate it, march on the capital screaming for the legal inhabitants to;
"Get the $%^& out!"
So, the question is; now that you have enraged the locals, what do you do???

Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,412 times
posted by:macmeal
I'd quietly sneak across the border----I'd keep my ears open, but my mouth shut----I'd be thankful to be there, and I'd go to great lengths not to annoy the locals, even if they were dumb and naive. I'd figure, "why rock the boat?", and I'd be so happy to be there that I'd start asking around as to how I might legally stay. To help in this, I'd make great effort to learn the local language. This is GREAT, I'd think...these people may not know how to cook what I like, or how to party, but boy do they have the jobs!

I'd go out of my way to try to figure out what these people had that was missing from "back home"....surely, they are only human, I'd reason; therefore, their prosperity must be a result of their system. I'd want to emulate and adopt that system as my own, so that I too could prosper.
One thing I certainly WOULDN'T do is get into public "spectacles"--the last thing I want, I'd figure, is to bring attention to myself in a negative way. I'd know that to show belligerance and disrespect for the locals (who might not all LOVE me, but surely were at least TOLERATING my presence) would threaten to "wear out my welcome", and I SURE wouldn't want THAT to happen. I'd ask myself, "what, if anything, can I do to ingratiate myself into this generous society so that they come to appreciate me?" I'd be especially careful to instruct my teenage children on how to behave.

So true, could not have said it better!!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:34 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Quote:
At yearend 2005 there were 3,145 black male sentenced prison inmates per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,244 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000 Hispanic males and 471 white male inmates per 100,000 white males.
So, including legal and illegal Hispanics, they are far fewer in number than Black Males, perhaps your alls anger is misplaced?

Old 10-27-2007, 07:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
So, including legal and illegal Hispanics, they are far fewer in number than Black Males, perhaps your alls anger is misplaced?
Hispanic is not a race: it is a political label only-------most so-called 'Latinos' in this country are American Indian who typically do not wish to accept it due to the White Supremacy in Hispanic culture.

And too; many Latinos have a macho attitude that tends to **** off Americans-------and, Castilian Spaniards in Spain as well.

The Latinos whine about wanting 'respect'--------not a good thing to demand over in Spain considering the latter's flagrant White Supremacist attitude towards 'morenitos'.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Your point?

Hispanic, deriving from the Latin name of the Roman province on the Iberian peninsula. Today references any person descended from the Iberians who came to the new world and or sharing the hispanic culture.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Your point?

Hispanic, deriving from the Latin name of the Roman province on the Iberian peninsula. Today references any person descended from the Iberians who came to the new world and or sharing the hispanic culture.
Simple.

The USA is an Anglo-Saxon based culture with its rule of law--------why should we be forced to accept a 'culture' that has proven itself to be inferior in almost all regards?

NOTE: I said 'culture'; not race/ethnicity.

If Latin American culture is so great: why do so many of their citizens from there drool @ the thought in living (illegally) in the USA?

Old 10-27-2007, 08:19 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
GOOD QUESTION, GHOST !! If I were in this situation, here's what I'd do---(can't speak for others, only for myself)

I'd quietly sneak across the border----I'd keep my ears open, but my mouth shut----I'd be thankful to be there, and I'd go to great lengths not to annoy the locals, even if they were dumb and naive. I'd figure, "why rock the boat?", and I'd be so happy to be there that I'd start asking around as to how I might legally stay. To help in this, I'd make great effort to learn the local language. This is GREAT, I'd think...these people may not know how to cook what I like, or how to party, but boy do they have the jobs!

I'd go out of my way to try to figure out what these people had that was missing from "back home"....surely, they are only human, I'd reason; therefore, their prosperity must be a result of their system. I'd want to emulate and adopt that system as my own, so that I too could prosper.
One thing I certainly WOULDN'T do is get into public "spectacles"--the last thing I want, I'd figure, is to bring attention to myself in a negative way. I'd know that to show belligerance and disrespect for the locals (who might not all LOVE me, but surely were at least TOLERATING my presence) would threaten to "wear out my welcome", and I SURE wouldn't want THAT to happen. I'd ask myself, "what, if anything, can I do to ingratiate myself into this generous society so that they come to appreciate me?" I'd be especially careful to instruct my teenage children on how to behave.

That's what I'd do......
thanks for your honesty. i do believe most of us would sneak across the border.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
how come no one is answering my question except astrogal?
no one is answering it the way you want except astrogal!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oh well -lots of good things are worth waiting for

Patience is a virtue - I think it will take too long to get that big screen TV I want - so, I will just take yours - Is that OK with you?
you cant take mine, but you can come over and watch it with me. i might even let you borrow it.

but in real life, i have no big screen. im quite opposed (personally only) to tv.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
thanks for your honesty. i do believe most of us would sneak across the border.
And, you then would also understand when you are discovered, detained and then deported?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration