U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 AM

2,002 posts, read 3,986,996 times

Advertisements

"The W Visa would then be used as a foundation for immigrants to seek permanent status after a year."

And legal immigrants have to wait for years, sometimes decades. You gotta love the land of the free!

Yep, thinking of other countries does seem reasonable at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
"The W Visa would then be used as a foundation for immigrants to seek permanent status after a year."

And legal immigrants have to wait for years, sometimes decades. You gotta love the land of the free!

This has to make everyone who came legally angry.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I've been an immigrant myself (used to live in Europe) and have also sponsored someone to get a green card. It makes my blood boil that insolent lawbreakers are being given opportunities like this. It's a slap in the face to people who did it the right way.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Oh absolutely! Especially those who are not allowed to work. Yes, immigration is a privilege and not a right, but seeing law breakers being rewarded and having the opportunity to provide for their families when some legal immigrants cannot is a real slap in their faces.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post

We are no longer the land of the free but the land of the "free for all" and it will be our downfall.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Sadly I agree with you

Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,119,825 times
Ok but what about the 23 million Americans that are out of work and the millions more that are underemployed? Don't WE count?

We don't need more immigrants or visas for Indian and Chinese workers. If I had my way I would be reducing the number of visas (I would end work visas entirely) and significantly reducing the immigration figures. In this economy we need to focus on Americans.

F--K YOU Rubio and McShame. As soon as a Americans first, true conservative, American nationalist party comes along I am leaving the Republican Party forever. And please, spare me the neo-Nazi crap. This isent about race ... it's about putting all Americans (White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, American Indian, Puerto Rican, Pacific Islander, etc) first and foremost ahead of illegal immigrants and job stealers from India on visas.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Ok but what about the 23 million Americans that are out of work and the millions more that are underemployed? Don't WE count?

Of course not, since only illegals (mainly from Spanish-speaking countries) will do hard labor and only Indians and Chinese are qualified to operate computers, apparently. /sarcasm

Quote:
We don't need more immigrants or visas for Indian and Chinese workers. If I had my way I would be reducing the number of visas (I would end work visas entirely) and significantly reducing the immigration figures. In this economy we need to focus on Americans.
I completely agree. I've worked in I.T. for 15 years and the skills shortage is a myth cooked up by companies who want to keep wages down. No other reason.

Quote:
F--K YOU Rubio and McShame. As soon as a Americans first, true conservative, American nationalist party comes along I am leaving the Republican Party forever. And please, spare me the neo-Nazi crap. This isent about race ... it's about putting all Americans (White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, American Indian, Puerto Rican, Pacific Islander, etc) first and foremost ahead of illegal immigrants and job stealers from India on visas.
I was never a Republican, but I agree with the rest of this.

We Americans don't come first in our own country. That is seriously messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or