U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 AM

8 posts, read 24,377 times

Advertisements

You are on the right track. I have friends that were the last to go thru Elis Island in New York. And when the big signup happened at the Orange bowl for the cubans in Miami he was very upset. You see the immigration laws are not just to get you a green card it is to make sure you are healthy and are not going to pass on and create plagues like polio, and other things like that. We had polio under control but since all the illegals are swarming in from mexico and cuba and other countries it has come back. but to be fair to the Illegals they will work for a living. you try to get a black to do that piece work and they will say "My ancesters did that when they were slaves. I aint a gona do any work like that I would rather be on welfare then work that hard. The white people will say "I ain't a gonna do slave labor either. But if they really took a look at it. If you did your job right and good you could make more much more than minimum wage and if you worked hard you could make enough during the picking season to last you the entire year so when you aren't picking you still have money to live on. But again those here in America see it as slave labor. So I have to say in that respect More power to the Illegals. But they are illegal and they need to go thru much more than just amnisty. They need to learn English, they need to have physicals, They need to get drivers Liscenses. In some areas of the country these Illegals are also on welfare Illegally (Fake Names Fake Info) So in certain parts of this country Illegals are not only being paid good money to pick fruits and Vegies or Ferns in Florida, They are also on welfare fraudulently. So there is a lot more Illegal about the Illegals than a lot of people know. What about companies here in America that have two people working for them WITH THE SAME Social security number?? So in some areas they are being paid for their work under the table and with fake info are also on welfare. But again if any one of any race came to America and became a citizen the way they should Like Ziva on NCIS did then I would support them 1,000,000 % because they earned their citizenship more than I did and I was born here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 AM

31,997 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsalihawk View Post
You are on the right track. I have friends that were the last to go thru Elis Island in New York. And when the big signup happened at the Orange bowl for the cubans in Miami he was very upset. You see the immigration laws are not just to get you a green card it is to make sure you are healthy and are not going to pass on and create plagues like polio, and other things like that. We had polio under control but since all the illegals are swarming in from mexico and cuba and other countries it has come back. but to be fair to the Illegals they will work for a living. you try to get a black to do that piece work and they will say "My ancesters did that when they were slaves. I aint a gona do any work like that I would rather be on welfare then work that hard. The white people will say "I ain't a gonna do slave labor either. But if they really took a look at it. If you did your job right and good you could make more much more than minimum wage and if you worked hard you could make enough during the picking season to last you the entire year so when you aren't picking you still have money to live on. But again those here in America see it as slave labor. So I have to say in that respect More power to the Illegals. But they are illegal and they need to go thru much more than just amnisty. They need to learn English, they need to have physicals, They need to get drivers Liscenses. In some areas of the country these Illegals are also on welfare Illegally (Fake Names Fake Info) So in certain parts of this country Illegals are not only being paid good money to pick fruits and Vegies or Ferns in Florida, They are also on welfare fraudulently. So there is a lot more Illegal about the Illegals than a lot of people know. What about companies here in America that have two people working for them WITH THE SAME Social security number?? So in some areas they are being paid for their work under the table and with fake info are also on welfare. But again if any one of any race came to America and became a citizen the way they should Like Ziva on NCIS did then I would support them 1,000,000 % because they earned their citizenship more than I did and I was born here.
Aren't you aware that only 3-4% of illegal immigrants are picking crops? Aren't you also aware that there are unlimited visas for foreign crop pickers? So what do we need illegals for to pick crops? You consider construction work, restaurant work, landscaping and any number of other blue-collared jobs as being slave labor work? Aren't you aware of who was doing those jobs before the arrival of these illegal immigrants that work for less? Those jobs used to pay a fair wage before that. I think you are a little confused. It isn't that Americans won't do those jobs it is about greed on the employers part to increase their profits by hiring illegal immigrants for those jobs. I was glad to enlighten you on that part of your post. However, I agree with most everything else you stated.

Citizenship doesn't have to be earned if you were born on our soil especially to citizen parents and no immigrants don't deserve citzenship more than a natural born citizen does. Why in the world would you think that?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 AM

23,641 posts, read 31,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
Just wanted to apologize for the typos in my in previous post, I was replying on my phone and you know it's not always easy to type accurately on those things. Another thing those bugs me is these people I saw on tv protesting the deportation of family members because it "breaks up the family". Give me a break, no one says their family can't leave with them. My dad's second cousin was deported about five years ago and you know what his wife and daughter did? They followed him back home, they didn't stay here and cry about their family being ripped apart.
THIS! I keep saying this!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM

6,936 posts, read 7,026,808 times
Why am I seen as a hyporcite for not supporting amnesty?

I haven't seen an elected official, one of the Senators working on the immigration proposals, or House members, propose "amnesty."

Old 04-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Why am I seen as a hyporcite for not supporting amnesty?

I haven't seen an elected official, one of the Senators working on the immigration proposals, or House members, propose "amnesty."
CIR is amnesty and that is what is being proposed. There is no reform as CIR claims. It is just amnesty no matter how it is spun. Anything that allows illegal immigrants to remain here and change their status within our borders rather than going back home and applying to come legally like everyone else is amnesty regardless of any so-called fines, back taxes or learning English (none of it will minorited anyway)

Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,026,808 times
Repeating lies ("amnesty") in the belief that intelligent people will believe that b.s. is an old trick of people who have no legitimate arguments to further their point of view.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,029,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What? Care to clarify this statement?
I've seen a couple comments on this thread about having an initial illegal alien relative (whether it is an "overstay" or whatever), with obviously immigrant-intent to come here (and bring family) despite any restrictions. Not that it matters to me, but that is your "bottom line" (on another thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who said that families don't have a right to make a better life for themselves? They cannot and should not come here illegally to achieve that though and that is the bottom line...
Huh, me and my family followed all of the laws, and have assimilated extremely well. They haven't naturalized yet, but that isn't any sense of disloyalty. I rather like this thread, it allows me some insight to see it really isn't some black and white issue to immigration.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,719,222 times
Quote:
Repeating lies ("amnesty") in the belief that intelligent people will believe that b.s. is an old trick of people who have no legitimate arguments to further their point of view.
And yet isn't that exactly what you are doing by not calling it amnesty?
am·nes·ty

[am-nuh-stee] Show IPA noun, plural am·nes·ties, verb, am·nes·tied, am·nes·ty·ing.
noun

1. a general pardon for offenses, especially political offenses, against a government, often granted before any trial or conviction.

2. Law. an act of forgiveness for past offenses, especially to a class of persons as a whole.

3. a forgetting or overlooking of any past offense.

Now, who is lying?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Repeating....Anything that allows illegal immigrants to remain here and change their status within our borders rather than going back home and applying to come legally like everyone else is amnesty regardless of any so-called fines, back taxes or learning English (none of it will minorited anyway)

There is no "reform" involved at all. It shouldn't be called CIR. Intelligent people can see that it is a trick and term used to fool the masses. There are no legitimate arguments to calling it "reform". Our immigration laws will still remain the same. Where is this "reform"?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I've seen a couple comments on this thread about having an initial illegal alien relative (whether it is an "overstay" or whatever), with obviously immigrant-intent to come here (and bring family) despite any restrictions. Not that it matters to me, but that is your "bottom line" (on another thread):

Huh, me and my family followed all of the laws, and have assimilated extremely well. They haven't naturalized yet, but that isn't any sense of disloyalty. I rather like this thread, it allows me some insight to see it really isn't some black and white issue to immigration.
What are you talking about? Who was talking about you and your family? I said no one should come here illegally and adjust their status from within our borders. Did any of your family do that? No one should come here for a better life either unless they come legally in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or