U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 AM

32,739 posts, read 15,008,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
And yet isn't that exactly what you are doing by not calling it amnesty?
am·nes·ty

[am-nuh-stee] Show IPA noun, plural am·nes·ties, verb, am·nes·tied, am·nes·ty·ing.
noun

1. a general pardon for offenses, especially political offenses, against a government, often granted before any trial or conviction.

2. Law. an act of forgiveness for past offenses, especially to a class of persons as a whole.

3. a forgetting or overlooking of any past offense.

Now, who is lying?
You're absolutely right. It will be overlooked and forgiven that they came here illegally and any using a fake or stolen ID while here (a felony) will be overlooked and forgiven also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,053,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What are you talking about? Who was talking about you and your family? I said no one should come here illegally and adjust their status from within our borders. Did any of your family do that? No one should come here for a better life either unless they come legally in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
My dad came to california for a couple months(during the harvesting season) in the 70 as an illegal but he went back to Jalisco. The rest of my family was legal but we couldn't afford to solly apply for citizenship so my brother and I became citizens via the Marine Corps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I think you're fine.

My dad in the late 80's overstayed his visa making him illegal but went back to his native country a month after his cargo visa expired. 6 months later, he got a work permit and a political asylum visa with the help of his friends who worked at a Chinese restaurant and w/ a lawyer in Baltimore.
Nope, no one in my family did that...

Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 AM

32,739 posts, read 15,008,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Nope, no one in my family did that...
Who said they did?

Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM

78 posts, read 61,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Repeating lies ("amnesty") in the belief that intelligent people will believe that b.s. is an old trick of people who have no legitimate arguments to further their point of view.
So what exactly would you call any legislation that would allow illegal aliens to remain here and become legal permanent residents? No matter what the politicians and interest groups may call it, any legislation that my be passed will be amnesty at its core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or