U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I just don't like the idea of illegals near our food like that. I wonder if they are going to start doing things to our food. to get back at us not wanting them here?
I dont think they would do anything on purpose atleast I hope not. I am more concerned with sanitation issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 02:06 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
I think it would be great for low level offenders because most do not have much education have no pride in themselves and this would be a great way to boost self esteem and pride as well as teach a skill.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont think they would do anything on purpose atleast I hope not. I am more concerned with sanitation issues.
What about TB how much can spinach be washed or lettuce type produce. What about bathroom facilities. They could even poison our food enough to make us sick. I would not put it pas them not all but some who have a beef with America not wanting them here. Do not under estimate the enemy!
Which is what they have chosen to become.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What about TB how much can spinach be washed or lettuce type produce. What about bathroom facilities. They could even poison our food enough to make us sick. I would not put it pas them not all but some who have a beef with America not wanting them here. Do not under estimate the enemy!
Which is what they have chosen to become.
True, Tb is a problem, I think most do not even know they have it. Yea sanitation is an issue, they do have porta potties and wash areas but many do not use it. That isnt the way they lived at home.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

185 posts, read 319,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
There's a new study that puts the number as high as 38,000,000.

Immigration & Overpopulation Issues - Californians for Population Stabilization CAPS

I was giving them the benifit of the doubt.
Sorry, I'm doing this from work and in my haste I read your question wrong. I don't have a link to how many are not working, it's something I read not too long ago. Even if I fought illegal immigration full time I coudn't keep up with the flow of info, links to stuff, etc.

Just look around any downtown urban area, any city. Home Depot, nurseries. Driving around Las Vegas I see pregnant 20 something year old Latina's pushing a stroller with a toddler by her side. The cities are absolutey swarming with people who do nothing all day except follow their handlers advice as to how to get more freebies. Handlers being La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, MECHA and most of congress.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:07 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Heck: if the low level convicts were offered a 30-50 cut in their prison time and stayed on their best behavior; that also may solve the overcrowding problems in the prisons.
In theory, of course, this would be great---and my thinking is, it would benefit everybody---(except perhaps union vegetable-pickers). In practice, though, I think you'll agree that it would require quite an adjustment in our whole way of looking at incarceration.

The inmates would have to understand that this was strictly voluntary---accept the job if you choose, but "whining" and "slacking" are not allowed. The growers would have to understand their job is not to "punish" the inmates...that's up to the system. There would obviously have to be third-party oversight to prevent misuse of the system by anyone involved.

Perhaps most difficult to imagine is that advocacy groups such as the ACLU would have to somehow be persuaded that this was not a case of "abuse", and that they were NOT allowed to simply file lawsuit after lawsuit about "conditions" in the field---(just how you'd accomplish this part is not clear to me). There would have to be a certain amount of "honor" on all sides if this was to work.
Bottom line is, this is a good, common-sense plan. Now if we could just be sure that common sense was going to be USED, well fine, I'm all for it....

Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Since about 50% of all fruit and vegetables are grown and harvested by illegals, and you cannot tell which fruits and veggies are grown and harvested by illegals, it is my suggestion that you no longer consume commerically grown fruits, vegetables and grapes in the form of wine.

Mechanization primarily. Picture in your mind gangs of wheat harvesters with sickles and scythes, they don't exist anymore.

The only area that employs huge amounts of manual laborers is fruits and vegetables, that includes wine grapes.
I just saw on PBS this week where a wine maker picks all of his grapes using mechanization and it only takes about three or four people to do the whole crop.

The same could be done with all crops.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I just saw on PBS this week where a wine maker picks all of his grapes using mechanization and it only takes about three or four people to do the whole crop.

The same could be done with all crops.
Sure can, but people seem to be brainwashed into believing we need illegals. Scary people cant see we do not need them.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM

185 posts, read 319,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sure can, but people seem to be brainwashed into believing we need illegals. Scary people cant see we do not need them.
It is brainwashing Nea1.

How many thousands of times have you heard "they're just here to work," "they have better family values than anyone in the history of mankind," "They clean our toilets and cut our lawns," "they pick the food we eat," the same BS over and over and over. Repeat a lie long enough.....................

God only knows how America got by without them the first 200 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration