U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 AM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,989,487 times
Reputation: 3487

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
... because it isn't reform but amnesty.
Repeating something which is false doesn't make the falsehood truthful. I think you need to spend some time learning more about the issue and what the current law is and what's being discussed as proposals.

 
Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8348
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Repeating something which is false doesn't make the falsehood truthful. I think you need to spend some time learning more about the issue and what the current law is and what's being discussed as proposals.
You're repeating the falsehood. Even the dictionary definition was given to you.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Repeating something which is false doesn't make the falsehood truthful. I think you need to spend some time learning more about the issue and what the current law is and what's being discussed as proposals.
Are you implying that the pardoning of illegal entry is not amnesty? The one that appears to need some time learning about the issue seems to be you.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 PM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,989,487 times
Reputation: 3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Are you implying that the pardoning of illegal entry is not amnesty? The one that appears to need some time learning about the issue seems to be you.
You suggest a policy or program about which you have no knowledge. I'm going to suggest to the Moderators that this website sponsor an online reading comprehension course ... right after the one they can give on reading tea leaves. Wait for the details to of whatever i sproposed ... to see the light of day. Make things up as you go along, but don't expect most others to goose step behind you.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
You suggest a policy or program about which you have no knowledge. I'm going to suggest to the Moderators that this website sponsor an online reading comprehension course ... right after the one they can give on reading tea leaves. Wait for the details to of whatever i sproposed ... to see the light of day. Make things up as you go along, but don't expect most others to goose step behind you.
Again, are you implying that what is being proposed by the 8 Senators is not amnesty? Nothing is being made up as I go along, its rather a simple discussion that places you into a position of backing up your claim and following along with the Senators as they come out about whats being proposed in the bill, which seems to be an ability you fail in. Calling others liars doesn't make your comments any better than what they are, propaganda implying something that is fallacy.

The CIR plan has been mentioned from some of those 8 Senators, and have stated that they forsee a path to legalization for those already here illegally.
Quote:
"Most Americans agree that if you pay back-taxes, if you pay a fine, if you learn English, if you go to the back of the line, then you can and should be eligible for a path to citizenship," McCain said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162...-schumer-says/

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 04-09-2013 at 03:17 PM..
 
Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
For people who bleed for the sanctity of the English language, and the American way of life, the typos on this threads are extremely offensive and disturbing.

Especially since browsers will actually show them to you.

We all need to learn English, even the natives eh?
Actually it doesn't always catch them. Lets look at yours that wasn't caught. the typos on this threads are extremely offensive and disturbing. Should read as follows: the typos on these threads are extremely offensive and disturbing.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,155 posts, read 16,871,109 times
Reputation: 5009
Default Call it what it is: Amnesty

Redefinitions are the beginning of amnesty...the signs are there. People who sneak into our country, breaking the law as they cross the border, have committed an illegal act. It is illegal to enter the country, a sovereign nation, without permission and without proper documentation. Immigrants who come here through the proper channels are called legal aliens, or "resident aliens".

Those who come here illegally are illegal aliens.

So simple.

But, because the majority of our citizens understand the concept, their minds need to be prepared for the new concept that precedes amnesty: Illegals will henceforth be called Undocumented.

Problem is, so many are already 'documented'. They bought and paid for the documents on their way in or right after they got here.

So, shall we call them "illegally documented aliens"?

What a mess. And on top of it all, Napolitano says the borders are as secure as they've ever been. Word is that since the news broke about pending amnesty, the influx over our southern border has doubled.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:39 PM
 
3,066 posts, read 2,212,714 times
Reputation: 5981
My advice- relax. Its a done issue. The great Hispanic population boom is over. With Hispanic couples now having an average of two children per household, and increased opportunity in Mexico and South America relative to the US, the great wave of immigration is finished, and even to a small extent, reversing.

It would not be a bad idea to assimilate those that are already here. To some degree, demographics is destiny and we need an expanding population.

As for Americans being out of work, there are plenty of jobs picking fruit and bussing tables if Americans want them. Unemployment is so bad because Americans think they are too damn good to do these jobs. If we don't have the will to force them by turning off the spigot of welfare benefits, then someone has to do them.

This, by the way, is from a card carrying GOP member. Or at least I was. I am thinking of leaving the party because of the incompetence of our leadership on many levels. I once took seriously the fact that I could not walk down the street in my own neighborhood and hear anyone speaking English. But things have changed. Look into it a little bit and you will find that the main concern in the future will be finding new immigrants to replace them.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Redefinitions are the beginning of amnesty...the signs are there. People who sneak into our country, breaking the law as they cross the border, have committed an illegal act. It is illegal to enter the country, a sovereign nation, without permission and without proper documentation. Immigrants who come here through the proper channels are called legal aliens, or "resident aliens".

Those who come here illegally are illegal aliens.

So simple.

But, because the majority of our citizens understand the concept, their minds need to be prepared for the new concept that precedes amnesty: Illegals will henceforth be called Undocumented.

Problem is, so many are already 'documented'. They bought and paid for the documents on their way in or right after they got here.

So, shall we call them "illegally documented aliens"?

What a mess. And on top of it all, Napolitano says the borders are as secure as they've ever been. Word is that since the news broke about pending amnesty, the influx over our southern border has doubled.
Friend those who are not naive and brainwashed, are following along with you as i do. They can give these people any damn name they please. But the truth of the matter is how come with this adminsitration we have to change the truths as we know it. Why. We know what they are, give them any name you damn well please, the fact of the matter is, we know who they are and what they are, and no name ever, will change this fact.

Putting a different perspective or a new term on something that is wrong, is wrong, and nothing will make it right.

We can each call them whatever term we choose, the truth of the matter is, that these people had no dignity what so ever, in wanting to migrate legally to this Country, so they break the rules and laws along the way, trash everything in site to get here.

All that this farce of an administation is doing, is masking the true problems we face regarding illegals and amnesty.
 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
 
Location: CHicago, United States
6,936 posts, read 6,989,487 times
Reputation: 3487
[quote=southward bound;29051331]But, because the majority of our citizens understand the concept, their minds need to be prepared for the new concept that precedes amnesty: Illegals will henceforth be called Undocumented.[\quote]

Whatever you're 'peddling,' I'm not buying. Nor am I going to try to smoke what I think you may be smoking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top