U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
My advice- relax. Its a done issue. The great Hispanic population boom is over. With Hispanic couples now having an average of two children per household, and increased opportunity in Mexico and South America relative to the US, the great wave of immigration is finished, and even to a small extent, reversing.

It would not be a bad idea to assimilate those that are already here. To some degree, demographics is destiny and we need an expanding population.

As for Americans being out of work, there are plenty of jobs picking fruit and bussing tables if Americans want them. Unemployment is so bad because Americans think they are too damn good to do these jobs. If we don't have the will to force them by turning off the spigot of welfare benefits, then someone has to do them.

This, by the way, is from a card carrying GOP member. Or at least I was. I am thinking of leaving the party because of the incompetence of our leadership on many levels. I once took seriously the fact that I could not walk down the street in my own neighborhood and hear anyone speaking English. But things have changed. Look into it a little bit and you will find that the main concern in the future will be finding new immigrants to replace them.
Relax? The last amnesty was for 3 million. This one will be for 12 million or at least for those who qualify. How many will the next one be for? Please provide a link that Hispanics are only averaging two children in this country per household (let's include those here illegally also since that is the concern).

We need an expanding population? Are you joking with 23 million Americans out of work and shortages of jobs and resources? It is nothing but pure propaganda that Americans won't do most of the jobs that illegal immigrants are holding. Who do you think did them before they came here?

We allow in 1 million legal immigrants per year and that doesn't even include the family reunification catagories. I don't think we are lacking in "immigrants" here. Americans are pro-creating at replacement levels also.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
My advice- relax. Its a done issue. The great Hispanic population boom is over. With Hispanic couples now having an average of two children per household, and increased opportunity in Mexico and South America relative to the US, the great wave of immigration is finished, and even to a small extent, reversing.

It would not be a bad idea to assimilate those that are already here. To some degree, demographics is destiny and we need an expanding population.

As for Americans being out of work, there are plenty of jobs picking fruit and bussing tables if Americans want them. Unemployment is so bad because Americans think they are too damn good to do these jobs. If we don't have the will to force them by turning off the spigot of welfare benefits, then someone has to do them.

This, by the way, is from a card carrying GOP member. Or at least I was. I am thinking of leaving the party because of the incompetence of our leadership on many levels. I once took seriously the fact that I could not walk down the street in my own neighborhood and hear anyone speaking English. But things have changed. Look into it a little bit and you will find that the main concern in the future will be finding new immigrants to replace them.
Hispanic people in the US legally are Ok; most of us still want the illegal aliens OUT, Hispanic or NOT Hispanic.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM

6,528 posts, read 11,616,970 times
I am also very disheartened and feel betrayed by McCain by his support for illegal immigration.

However I will still be a Republican. The Democrats also support illegal immigration, and support it even more fiercely and passionately. The Democrats also support abortion, gun control, nanny state laws, abolishing the death penalty, and higher taxes all of which go against American values.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Wow, I did not expect this many responses. I don't even know where to begin.

I am conservative, I have always been conservative. I agree with the Republican Party perhaps 3/4 of the time. I feel that ANY movement towards amnesty would be a deathblow for our nation ... other posters have said it better - we had an amnesty in 1986 with a promise that border security would be increased and we would never again offer any form of amnesty ... well guess what? MILLIONS came and border security remained a joke and now we are right back at square one. If we offer amnesty + the usual hollow promises of border "security improvements" we will have to offer amnesty again in 20 years as it sends a message that we are not serious about protecting our national integrity and sovereignty as a nation.

My point is that this is such a serious matter that it would be unforgivable for the party to comprise their values. If we give them an inch, they will take a mile.

I will no longer be a registered Republican but I will vote Republican because it is the best way to preserve traditional American values like the English language, gun ownership, limited government, etc - it is unlikely that a viable 3rd party will come along anytime soon

Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Quote:
No it's not, border crossings are at all time high because they know we are spineless and will cave into their demands. We gave them an inch, now they want a mile.

Quote:
For what? Native born Americans are reproducing at slightly over replacement level ... why do we need foreigners?

Quote:
Americans won't do those jobs because they pay Chinese sweat shop wages. Perhaps if they offered $10-12/hour instead of $7.25/hour they would see some Americans applying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or