U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 AM

318 posts, read 457,556 times

Advertisements

I have been reading all the articles online about the plans for Immigration Reform and I have not seen anything about how we are going to verify the people applying for work are legal or not. (After immigration reform is passed)

If they are talking about immigration reform why don't they talk about reforming how business verify the right an applicant for employment has to work in America. The current system does not work. Illegal Immigrants are using fake ID's and stealing identities. And few employers are using E-Verify. (Which is flawed but better than nothing)

Does anyone know what they are proposing to verify that job applicants have the right to work in America? Nationwide E-Verify or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
I have been reading all the articles online about the plans for Immigration Reform and I have not seen anything about how we are going to verify the people applying for work are legal or not. (After immigration reform is passed)

If they are talking about immigration reform why don't they talk about reforming how business verify the right an applicant for employment has to work in America. The current system does not work. Illegal Immigrants are using fake ID's and stealing identities. And few employers are using E-Verify. (Which is flawed but better than nothing)

Does anyone know what they are proposing to verify that job applicants have the right to work in America? Nationwide E-Verify or something else?
I don't have any links saved but I believe I read that the Republicans want e-verify mandated as a part of any so-called reform aka amnesty package. It's still a bad deal because those that would qualify for amnesty would be able to retain the jobs they are holding and those not working yet would be able to compete with Americans for jobs.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Thats why the are promoting propaganda polling. Most Americans don't want it.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
Maybe we've been reading different reports, and listening to different discussions on the cable channels ... but I'm reading/hearing discussion of the verification. Let's wait until the legislation is actually introduced and 'fleshed out' before criticizing "what if's." I support strong measures to punnish employers who hire persons without verifying their status. When they do that, and if they've been shown not to have complied with whatever regulations are approved ... I say put them out of business. No 'three strikes,' no 'two strikes.' The first time you're caught ... you're out of business, for good. Regarding the claims of "amnesty": That's only so much b.s. dreamed up by the right-wing extremists, IMO.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Maybe we've been reading different reports, and listening to different discussions on the cable channels ... but I'm reading/hearing discussion of the verification. Let's wait until the legislation is actually introduced and 'fleshed out' before criticizing "what if's." I support strong measures to punnish employers who hire persons without verifying their status. When they do that, and if they've been shown not to have complied with whatever regulations are approved ... I say put them out of business. No 'three strikes,' no 'two strikes.' The first time you're caught ... you're out of business, for good. Regarding the claims of "amnesty": That's only so much b.s. dreamed up by the right-wing extremists, IMO.
I STRONGLY agree that the first offense should sting hard. Deport the illegal aliens and give the dirt bag business owner some time and a fine that hurts.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
You've been proved wrong by both myself and Liquid Reigns. It doesn't take a right wing extremist to see that it isn't "reform" but amnesty. It just takes common sense and a dictionary.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
Quote:
It doesn't take a right wing extremist to see that it isn't "reform" but amnesty.
What it takes is someone who either cannot comprehend what's being said, or who makes-up things because it's easier. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Opine all you want about whatever, but when you try to pass-off falsehoods as facts/truths ... you know what doing that says about a person ...

Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
What it takes is someone who either cannot comprehend what's being said, or who makes-up things because it's easier. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Opine all you want about whatever, but when you try to pass-off falsehoods as facts/truths ... you know what doing that says about a person ...
Right, the dictionary is wrong and you are right. Yes, I do know what spinning of words says about a person. This whole CIR bogus claim is nothing but spin.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
You say it's not amnesty...prove it.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:13 PM

318 posts, read 457,556 times
Lets try to go back to my original question!

Answer me this: How do you think they are going to deal with current illegal aliens who apply for the right to work in America legally but are waiting for their background check to move through the bureaucracy. It could take years to do the background check in an era of government funding cuts, what happens in the mean time?

* QUESTION/COMMENT: If they give the illegal alien the right to work and live here legally while they wait for the application to be processed, then everyone will get immediate amnesty and the right to work- including criminals and those that just arrived after swimming across the river. Supporters of comprehensive immigration reform: What do you say about this question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or