U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The NAACP is like NOW where both stood for good causes but now just used to make money to support stupid causes the founders would oppose. Yes illegal immigration hurts black workers because traditionally they were discriminated and took these jobs to survive. Now illegals do them and more of them means less African American workers.
They've also displaced tens of thousands (if not millions) of whites in a myriad of careers from meatpacking to construction. Why aren't whites taking to the streets?

So what's the difference, assuming that there is one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They've also displaced tens of thousands (if not millions) of whites in a myriad of careers from meatpacking to construction. Why aren't whites taking to the streets?

So what's the difference, assuming that there is one?
Uh; we DON'T want to see white people hitting the streets, that'd be real ugly with lots of hurt people. Most of us "white" people have been taught it was NOT Ok to riot since we've been taught to do things through the government. What scares the pee out of me is seeing the government fall apart and lots of survivalist types with their ARs and so on filling the shoes of the cops.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:00 AM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; we DON'T want to see white people hitting the streets, that'd be real ugly with lots of hurt people. Most of us "white" people have been taught it was NOT Ok to riot since we've been taught to do things through the government. What scares the pee out of me is seeing the government fall apart and lots of survivalist types with their ARs and so on filling the shoes of the cops.
LMAO....

Yea...we're all REEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLY scared.

As if i was talking about rioting.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,993,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I just hope Americans wake up and see what the NAACP has turned int to: they threw American Blacks under the bus IMHO.
I'm not black or African-American, so I can't speak to the issue/comments from the perspective of persons who are. But I can observe, see, think and read the information being published and I have the clear sense that the NAACP is being true to its history/past and I think there's a lot of truth in this quote from the article linked in the OP:

Quote:
Black civil rights leaders have played an increasingly prominent role in advocating for the passage of immigration reform, a trend that's evident at today's rally. ...There's a reason for that: the immigrant rights struggle has parallels to the past and ongoing civil rights struggles in black communities.
For those who don't see the parallel, just ask me ... to loan you my reading glasses.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I'm not black or African-American, so I can't speak to the issue/comments from the perspective of persons who are. But I can observe, see, think and read the information being published and I have the clear sense that the NAACP is being true to its history/past and I think there's a lot of truth in this quote from the article linked in the OP:

For those who don't see the parallel, just ask me ... to loan you my reading glasses.

I don't see ANYTHING that's the same. Most Black people in the US; their families were brought here in chains but ALL illegal aliens came here as free people and they can go back home. But the NAACP of 2013 ain't the NAACP of 1913.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration