U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 PM

14,382 posts, read 7,483,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Elections have consequences this is one of them. If this turns out to be a bad thing for the American people we only have ourselves to blame.
Unfortunately you are probably right. But, to be honest, I believe the entire political system has become one big ponzi scheme; a scam. I don't even know if our votes are actually counted as they should be. Consider that a company in Spain is counting more than 50% of our votes. That alone should make all Americans suspect of our system.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM

10,584 posts, read 7,968,772 times
The (false) idea that there's something wrong with our present immigration laws, is the lie that drives this entire farcical "immigration reform" flying circus.

Our present immigration laws are perfectly fine. They just haven't been enforced for the last fifty years or so... and THAT'S why we have the huge immigration problems we do.

But the open-borders and undocumented-Democrat enthusiasts have been using the problems to pretend we need to make new laws. And those laws, of course, are aimed at benefitting the people who have violated our laws, while depriving the people who heve obeyed them applied for visas, and waited the umpteen years necessary (and are still waiting).

The idea (supported by those same enthusiasts) that we should grant permission to stay here sooner, to people whose only qualification is that they have demonstrated the willingness and ability to violate our laws, is probably the single most destructive thing these people can do to our country. They don't care about that, of course: They simply see more votes coming in the door. They aren't interested in people who respected our laws and obeyed them - such people usually don't vote Democrat, and so they don't have time for them.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM

2,860 posts, read 4,199,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
"The Mask" = Old Army Soldier?
I think the breaking news thing made it too obvious. I wonder what color he is now?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Viva la Raza belongs in Mexico! We say God Bless America here. No race is special we are Americans one and all! No, you are just bloviating about how superior Mexicans are here in our country. Sorry to inform you but they aren't special. The fact so many of them are immigration law breakers says a lot about them. Yeah, a stronger America built by people with no respect for the law? Yeah, that gets me all excited. And with that last arrogant post welcome to my ignore list!
Yes, there is a definite racist streak with the open borders types. They always insist that Mexicans are some superior race -- either a raza (race) of hard workers happy with very small paychecks so we need unlimited numbers of them or else a raza (race) of some superior kind of people who will do something more for this country than they were willing to do for their own.

Always there's the insistence that illegals are better than the American people. Unemployed Americans are just lazy so in spite of millions of unemployed Americans, we need to bring in many millions of Mexicans and Central Americans -- they're superior after all. I've even seen the pro-illegals suggest that we bring in Mexicans who happily abandoned their own country to build up cities like Detroit.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:28 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,127,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Somebody needs to do the dirty hot work and no white Americans want to do it and never have. And they can't force the blacks to do it anymore. So what is left?
You do have a point here.........Americans have raised there kids to want the best/highest wages and not teaching it takes experience/education to reach the top.

Some kids out of high school have been told dish washing will lead them to a career of dish washing

Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
I think it's funny that the USG wants to reform something they don't enforce.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:00 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well the elites want unlimited numbers of their cheap labor peons and servants. What would you expect? Jobs for Americans? No way, Americans are too greedy, they want to work for a middle class lifestyle, Mexicans are used to dirt floors.
You can't have it both ways, malamute. Either you kiss the rump of the sacred, ne'er do wrong "job creators" and give them everything they want, or you don't give them what they want and kick their desire for cheap labor to the curb. This is the problem the right-wing have in this country. They want everyone to bend over backwards for our "betters", but they don't want to deal with the consequences of that. Just more of the same, "I want good schools and good roads, but I don't want to pay taxes for it" malarky.

At the end of the day, the "job creators" that Republicans love to grovel to and worship 24/7 are the very reason and at the core of our illegal immigration problem. The "job creators" are the ones telling Congress and the federal bureaucracy to leave the borders wide open

Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You do have a point here.........Americans have raised there kids to want the best/highest wages and not teaching it takes experience/education to reach the top.

Some kids out of high school have been told dish washing will lead them to a career of dish washing
This is very true, Shepherds. I've heard a lot of Baby Boomer parents tell their kids, "you don't want to spend the rest of your life flipping burgers, do you? Then go to college! Get loans if you have to, but don't go flipping burgers because that's what you'll end up doing forever!"

Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 AM

31,540 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Not true. I know many American kids who would love to find a job that don't have the funds to go to college. Besides many of these jobs were once held by adults who got undercut by illegal immigrant cheap labor. The jobs illegal immigrants are holding aren't all entry level jobs.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,322,804 times
What's going on with your law makers and law enforcers? You don't enforce gun laws...you don't enforce immigration laws? Looks like no one in government wants to put in a days work. Has the work ethic among the high and mighty deteriorated in the same manner as it has with the unwashed masses? This might be a trickle up effect- You get the government you deserve. You mention the death of America? It's more like the birth of institutionalized common laziness. People get elected and all they seem to do is go out for nice lunches - a few glasses of Scotch and then an early retreat to the golf course...Great system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or