U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 PM

9,665 posts, read 8,312,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
The left's answer is to register them to vote as soon as they cross the border.
And you're okay with that?

You're okay with having an unattended border where other people can come in and wreck the economy for it's citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 05:40 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,439,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
And you're okay with that?

You're okay with having an unattended border where other people can come in and wreck the economy for it's citizens?
No.

I want us to control as best we can who enters our nation. No one who enters illegally should ever be given the right to vote.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 PM

3,722 posts, read 2,973,299 times
Let's go opposite of conventional thinking and have completely open borders. It has worked out great for the state on state relationships of this federation, especially economically.

Open it up with Mexico and Canada, as long as the feelings are mutual, of course.

Last edited by geofra; 04-13-2013 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times
The OP throws out a good question. My answer would be cheap labor for the corporations and votes for the left. Now, off the top of my head, here's three of my own questions (yes, they are rhetorical in nature).

Why is it that illiterate and unskilled Canadians don't flock to the U.S. like those from Mexico do?

Why is it that to get a job with the Department of Human Services in most states you need to be bilingual (english and spanish, of course)?

If "undocumented aliens", like the left prefers to call them, can come to the U.S. from all countries in the world, why on god's green earth are the signs in hospitals and federal assistance offices only written in english and spanish?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:15 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,589,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
We spend so much to have things like the TSA and engage in conquests with nations across the ocean...

...Yet we can't control who gets in and stays in the country.

...Other countries are very strict in letting people come to their country
you're either being intellectually dishonest or you genuinely don't know. have you ever actually tries crossing a US border? further, have you ever crossed any borders of any other countries?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The OP throws out a good question. My answer would be cheap labor for the corporations and votes for the left. Now, off the top of my head, here's three of my own questions (yes, they are rhetorical in nature).

Why is it that illiterate and unskilled Canadians don't flock to the U.S. like those from Mexico do?

Why is it that to get a job with the Department of Human Services in most states you need to be bilingual (english and spanish, of course)?

If "undocumented aliens", like the left prefers to call them, can come to the U.S. from all countries in the world, why on god's green earth are the signs in hospitals and federal assistance offices only written in english and spanish?
mexicans make up the majority of illegal immigrants for the same reason mexico is the most popular choice for foreign-bound american tourists and american expatriates: they're right next to each other.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
mexicans make up the majority of illegal immigrants for the same reason mexico is the most popular choice for foreign-bound american tourists and american expatriates: they're right next to each other.
We're right next to Canada as well.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
We're right next to Canada as well.
and not surprisingly, the US is the most popular place for canadians to immigrate to. gee, imagine that.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
and not surprisingly, the US is the most popular place for canadians to immigrate to. gee, imagine that.
I like how you dropped the "illegal" part when we switched countries.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I like how you dropped the "illegal" part when we switched countries.
there are canadians who are in the US illegally. just like there are americans who are in canada illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration