U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 PM
 
16,695 posts, read 8,643,559 times
Reputation: 4687

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You mean the middle class -- the elite rich benefit very nicely from the cheap labor and it's the elites that enjoy the cheap servants, the live-in nannies, yard-boys, housekeepers -- all subsidized by the taxpayers.
You are correct. :-)

I don't have problem with the elites. It's the 99% screwing themselves making me sad. :-(

Continue to support illegal immigration, and we'll see who get screwed in the end - certainly not politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not to mention:

1. They will compete heavily for low end jobs. Heard the news that fast food workers want $15/hour? Those 20 million illegals think $10 is the best wage since the slice of bread.
2. All the "rich" people will have to pay their fair share to pay for more welfare.
$120 BILLION left the US last year as "immigrants" sent money "home".
And Americans wonder why our economy is not recovering.

Immigrants don't seem to have a problem finding a job that pays for their expenses and let's them save and send money "home".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
$120 BILLION left the US last year as "immigrants" sent money "home".
And Americans wonder why our economy is not recovering.

Immigrants don't seem to have a problem finding a job that pays for their expenses and let's them save and send money "home".
If it is their money, why can't they send it offshore like Romney and other millionaires do?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 11:09 AM
 
16,695 posts, read 8,643,559 times
Reputation: 4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
If it is their money, why can't they send it offshore like Romney and other millionaires do?...
Not they obtained the money ILLEGALLY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not they obtained the money ILLEGALLY!
Oh, I forgot that someone would be deluded enough to consider all of that money being sent by illegal aliens. For those of us in reality, why would there be any cognizant reason for anyone to say how a person like me spends their legally earned and taxed money? Your "Conservative" ideals want that government intrusion only in other people's lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Oh, I forgot that someone would be deluded enough to consider all of that money being sent by illegal aliens. For those of us in reality, why would there be any cognizant reason for anyone to say how a person like me spends their legally earned and taxed money? Your "Conservative" ideals want that government intrusion only in other people's lives?
It's cash via Western Union here in Texas so no one knows if that money is made legally or illegally.
Sunday is the day where it's done here in Texas. Our supermarkets have dedicated lines and pre-filled out WU forms in Spanish for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's cash via Western Union here in Texas so no one knows if that money is made legally or illegally.
Sunday is the day where it's done here in Texas. Our supermarkets have dedicated lines and pre-filled out WU forms in Spanish for them.
It could be done for free (if you had an account), until Bank of America just ended their "SafeSend" program. There are more U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents sending money via "remittances" than illegal aliens. Again, why is there an objection to someone sending their earned money outside the United States when millionaires are "off-shoring" theirs as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8355
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It could be done for free (if you had an account), until Bank of America just ended their "SafeSend" program. There are more U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents sending money via "remittances" than illegal aliens. Again, why is there an objection to someone sending their earned money outside the United States when millionaires are "off-shoring" theirs as well?
Can you provide a link showing showing the remittances legal/citizen vs illegals sending them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can you provide a link showing showing the remittances legal/citizen vs illegals sending them?
I'd like to see that stat as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 PM
 
16,695 posts, read 8,643,559 times
Reputation: 4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Oh, I forgot that someone would be deluded enough to consider all of that money being sent by illegal aliens. For those of us in reality, why would there be any cognizant reason for anyone to say how a person like me spends their legally earned and taxed money? Your "Conservative" ideals want that government intrusion only in other people's lives?
Nobody cares how you spend your legally earned money; however, if you are here illegally, any money you earn is illegal money which should be confiscated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top