U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 03:45 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can you provide a link showing showing the remittances legal/citizen vs illegals sending them?
I know I've posted it on the forum before. Search. Specifically for Mexico, remittances lined up rather logically, U.S. citizens with links to Mexico, legal residents from Mexico, and illegal aliens from Mexico all sending about a third of the total amount.

Why is this topic getting deflected into being about remittances?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 03:59 PM

31,489 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I know I've posted it on the forum before. Search. Specifically for Mexico, remittances lined up rather logically, U.S. citizens with links to Mexico, legal residents from Mexico, and illegal aliens from Mexico all sending about a third of the total amount.

Why is this topic getting deflected into being about remittances?...
Perhaps you could tell me what the source of your stats were and then I would be glad to search for it under that website. Logically? Since no one knows how many illegal immigrants are in our country how would anyone know which remittances are being sent by them vs citizens/legal immigrants?

It isn't anything new for topics to get deflected. I believe you yourself have been guilty of that as I have been also. If one doesn't like it then perhaps they shouldn't respond to off topic remarks.

This is interesting that I just found. Note that this is strictly about Mexican "immigrants" not citizens and we all know how so many of these articles call illegal immigrants just plain old immigrants. Not saying that some of these stats don't include legal immigrants but it certainly is food for thought.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/201...9791326403141/

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-13-2013 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 04-13-2013, 04:19 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
Perhaps you could tell me what the source of your stats were and then I would be glad to search for it under that website. Logically? Since no one knows how many illegal immigrants are in our country how would anyone know which remittances are being sent by them vs citizens/legal immigrants?

It isn't anything new for topics to get deflected. I believe you yourself have been guilty of that as I have been also. If one doesn't like it then perhaps they shouldn't respond to off topic remarks.

This is interesting that I just found. Note that this is strictly about Mexican "immigrants" not citizens and we all know how so many of these articles call illegal immigrants just plain old immigrants. Not saying that some of these stats don't include legal immigrants but it certainly is food for thought.

Mexican immigrants sending more money home - UPI.com
I just read that article. There are some illegals that would make better citizens than some of the citizens we have now.

A house cleaner doesn't make much money yet this immigrant, legal or not, is able to have enough to live on AND send some to Mexico.

We have citizens here working and on government programs to subsidize them and they are still not happy.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
...This is interesting that I just found. Note that this is strictly about Mexican "immigrants" not citizens and we all know how so many of these articles call illegal immigrants just plain old immigrants. Not saying that some of these stats don't include legal immigrants but it certainly is food for thought.

Mexican immigrants sending more money home - UPI.com
Along with contesting that more numerous U.S. citizen and legal residents with ties to Mexico are sending more money to Mexico than illegal aliens, you are thinking that a news article saying "immigrants" is excluding U.S. citizens from remittance totals? Are we in some sort of ridiculous loop again like representing only 2009 for Mexicans gaining legally residency and Mexican Nationals naturalizing in that year as the total number of "legal" Mexicans?

You sure have a way of being goofy with data...

Old 04-13-2013, 04:50 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,434,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Most Americans are not supportive of this.
Actually most Americans do support it. Even the majority of Republicans.

Poll: Many say let illegal immigrants stay in US

Old 04-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

The Huffington Post? Yeah, there's a real unbiased source. Where's their link to this AP poll? I'd like to see how the questions were worded also.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:53 AM

318 posts, read 457,556 times
Quote:
The Huffington Post? Yeah, there's a real unbiased source. Where's their link to this AP poll? I'd like to see how the questions were worded also.
It is how you ask the question. If the poll says "Should we let the undocumented immigrant stay in America if they pay a penalty, learn English, etc?" Then most will say yes, because they use the words undocumented or immigrant, words that confuse people. But if they said, "should we let illegal aliens, who used fake identification to work illegally and did not pay federal income taxes and did not learn fluent English stay in America," then most people would say no. But in the end they are voting on the same people, just describing them differently.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Normally along the lines of:

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

Dream on. We so-called "haters" know better.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:48 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,484,254 times
The only poll that counted was taken on Nov. 6. The only legislation before Congress on Immigration is the current CIR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or