Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,487,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
According to the news ...
Mistake No. 1: believing everything your read in the "news." Wait until the proposals are made public, and explained by the proponents, before presenting assumptions as fact. With whatever proposals are to be made, there are likely to be changes. But starting a discussion with actual proposals from their authors is better than engaging in a guessing game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 01:53 PM

684 posts, read 1,121,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So as long as you don't feel you are impacted by illegal immigration (but you are through higher taxes) you don't care about the blue-collared American worker? As long as you can reap profits off of them to heck with everyone else? Really??? Are you providing healthcare benefits to them so that their social costs aren't passed on to the rest of us or don't you care about that either?
Frankly, those are not my concerns.

I figure if you wasted your opportunities and can be replaced job wise by a new arrival, it's your fault and you should step your game up.

I worked hard, got my 2 degrees and will pursue a PhD this Fall. Why should I not reap the benefits of my effort and utilize cheap labor and so on?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 PM

62,846 posts, read 29,080,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Frankly, those are not my concerns.

I figure if you wasted your opportunities and can be replaced job wise by a new arrival, it's your fault and you should step your game up.

I worked hard, got my 2 degrees and will pursue a PhD this Fall. Why should I not reap the benefits of my effort and utilize cheap labor and so on?
First off I am retired so illegal immigrants are no threat to any job opportunties for me. However, I do feel for our American youth and blue-collared workforce who have had their job opportunties impacted by them. Should they step aside and give their jobs to illegal immigrants? Many Americans don't want to sit at a desk all day they enjoy manual labor and there is nothing wrong with that. Many of those jobs used to pay a decent wage such as construction for example.

If you have no conscience about hiring illegal immigrants rather than Americans then I don't even know what to say to you. Hiring illegal immigrants is against the law. Don't laws mean anything to you? Is it all about fattening your wallet and to heck with laws and Americans? Truly unbelievable.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
First off I am retired so illegal immigrants are no threat to any job opportunties for me. However, I do feel for our American youth and blue-collared workforce who have had their job opportunties impacted by them. Should they step aside and give their jobs to illegal immigrants? Many Americans don't want to sit at a desk all day they enjoy manual labor and there is nothing wrong with that. Many of those jobs used to pay a decent wage such as construction for example.

If you have no conscience about hiring illegal immigrants rather than Americans then I don't even know what to say to you. Hiring illegal immigrants is against the law. Don't laws mean anything to you? Is it all about fattening your wallet and to heck with laws and Americans? Truly unbelievable.
I want to maximize the power of my dollar. I would never commit major crimes, but if some guy can do a job at half the 'official' price, I will utilize that opportunity.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 PM

62,846 posts, read 29,080,998 times
Quote:
I want to maximize the power of my dollar. I would never commit major crimes, but if some guy can do a job at half the 'official' price, I will utilize that opportunity.
Then you are breaking the law but I guess just as long as you aren't committing murder or rape then it's A-ok to pick and choose what laws you will and will not follow? You and those like you are a part of the problem and with that I have no further use to read your posts or to reply to them anymore.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM

154 posts, read 220,032 times
Quote:
Then you are breaking the law but I guess just as long as you aren't committing murder or rape then it's A-ok to pick and choose what laws you will and will not follow? You and those like you are a part of the problem and with that I have no further use to read your posts or to reply to them anymore.
I'm enjoying to read your posts, no matter if I agree or I disagree, so I love to see you share your opinion on immigration.

I already understand about your frustration with illegal immigrants.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I'm enjoying to read your posts, no matter if I agree or I disagree, so I love to see you share your opinion on immigration.

I already understand about your frustration with illegal immigrants.
Aunt Jemima.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,253,480 times
Quote:
Aunt Jemima.
Huh???

Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Huh???
Being exploited by Whites based on your race.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,253,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Being exploited by Whites based on your race.
I don't get the point of the Aunt Jemima reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration