U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Correllation of beliefs question.
Illegal immigration bad, invasion of Iraq, good 6 14.63%
Illegal immigration necessary evil, invasion of Iraq bad. 9 21.95%
Illegal immigration bad, invasion of Iraq, bad 26 63.41%
Illegal immigration necessary evil, invasion of Iraq good. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 PM

3,886 posts, read 6,001,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh I agree completely, I dont think sanctions will do anything against Iran.
They won't do any good because China and Russia are not on board. I have the feeling that Israel is going to take care of Iran in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM

6,592 posts, read 11,645,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I'll state right up front before any other postings that I don't think you'll get a valid linkage in any sentiment. The perception of Iraq shifted dramatically from the time of the initial military action, and the long term occupation was not something folks envisioned. The sentiments changed with the situation, so I don't think that linkage of any sort will provide insights.

EDIT - Your poll question has to do with the invasion, not the occupation. If we isolate the invasion as Saddam's shell game with the weapon inspectors, it sheds a different light on the issue.
You really make a good point. I voted as thinking both Iraq and illegals are bad. However I supported the war in the beginning and am one of those people who boycotted the Dixie Chicks. I actually still don't listen to them but only because their music is not as good as other country artists.

Most of America initially supported going to Iraq, bak when we thought they had weapons and were connected to 9-11. Back then, the only people who didn't support the war were hippies and left wing liberals, the same people who would welcome illegal aliens with open arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration