U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 PM

13,119 posts, read 9,208,003 times

Advertisements

Shame on the Federal government for letting foreign nationals invade our nation. They are subjects of a foreign government, without any respect for our laws. They have no commonality with the language and customs of the American people. They have no allegiance to the people of the United States of America, nor respect for their persons and property. And the American people are fools for allowing them in, letting them siphon off prodigious benefits. Americans have thus surrendered their country and deprived their posterity, who will become strangers in their own land.

Failure to prosecute, punish and deter these invaders is one of the greatest acts of treason to the American people by a bankrupted, venal government filled with lying predators and scoundrels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 08:46 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I'm not sure what you are getting at. Its really pretty simple. 62% strongly or somewhat favor a legal way for illegal immigrants already in the United States to become U.S. citizens. 35% strongly or somewhat oppose it.
They asked 4 flavors of a question
Simple would have been a single yes/no question.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM

16,705 posts, read 8,647,650 times
I favor that too!

Old 04-14-2013, 05:58 AM

318 posts, read 457,703 times
What if they called them illegal aliens in the poll instead, would the result be different? What if they educated Americans who were asked the question in the poll about how the illegals used false identity to drive and work, how would the answers to the poll be different?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 AM

20,979 posts, read 15,620,573 times
Quote:
Bad news for the unskilled American worker.

Expecting our sovereign laws to be respected does not make us haters.

My kids will be okay, since they educated themselves and have careers that cannot simply be handed over to some immigrant who doesn't have the skills nor the language skills to fill their positions.

The low skilled obamatrons will suffer greatly under the weight of this decision.

You earned the coming hardships.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 AM

31,542 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
I guess I must have missed it but where are the stats to back up the claims by Huffington Post that 53% of Republicans are for this nonsense?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM

32,804 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

My kids will be okay, since they educated themselves and have careers that cannot simply be handed over to some immigrant who doesn't have the skills nor the language skills to fill their positions.

The low skilled obamatrons will suffer greatly under the weight of this decision.

You earned the coming hardships.
Yep,

The existing batch of immigrants legally doing yard work, etc. are going to take the hit. But hey, they want to expand immigration, go for it.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:31 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
That 60 percent number might include people like me: I can go with an amnesty for illegal alien kids who can PROVE they've been living in the US below the age of 14 AND have NEVER had any dealings with the cops for anything, even jaywalking.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:06 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That 60 percent number might include people like me: I can go with an amnesty for illegal alien kids who can PROVE they've been living in the US below the age of 14 AND have NEVER had any dealings with the cops for anything, even jaywalking.
But nothing like that is on the table. So you said "yes" based on your opinion of what amnesty "should" be like ?

Old 04-14-2013, 11:31 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,444,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

The low skilled in 2013 were not going to fare well, with or w/o immigrants. I have no kids, but I am delighted my nephews,nieces, godchildren, friend's kids, and cousins also educated themselves well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or