U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:12 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,437,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They asked 4 flavors of a question
Simple would have been a single yes/no question.
It was asked as a simple yes/no question with a followup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Bad news for the unskilled American worker.

Expecting our sovereign laws to be respected does not make us haters.

My kids will be okay, since they educated themselves and have careers that cannot simply be handed over to some immigrant who doesn't have the skills nor the language skills to fill their positions.

The low skilled obamatrons will suffer greatly under the weight of this decision.

You earned the coming hardships.
The group that will suffer the most are inner city African Americans who can thank themselves for their overwhelming support for that IDIOT TRAITOR Obama.

When they have to compete for scant welfare resources and jobs then they'll see the error of their ways, when it's too late.

So to all you obama supporters, Enjoy !!!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM

16,705 posts, read 8,647,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The group that will suffer the most are inner city African Americans who can thank themselves for their overwhelming support for that IDIOT TRAITOR Obama.

When they have to compete for scant welfare resources and jobs then they'll see the error of their ways, when it's too late.

So to all you obama supporters, Enjoy !!!
Hear! Hear!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:56 PM

154 posts, read 175,663 times
I support amnesty to illegal immigrants, except for convicted felons and I know it is very expensive and impractical to deport rest of them at same time.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:46 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
I support amnesty to illegal immigrants, except for convicted felons and I know it is very expensive and impractical to deport rest of them at same time.
Why can't we simply mandate e-verify and deport as they are caught? Judging from your broken English, either you are an immigrant yourself or an illegal.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
i read in the tribune the other day that said most americans want amnesty.
amazing most americans want a 3rd amnesty? why dont i know any of these people?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
...Judging from your broken English, either you are an immigrant yourself or an illegal.
If that were true, there's more of them on this forum...

Old 04-14-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Why can't we simply mandate e-verify and deport as they are caught? Judging from your broken English, either you are an immigrant yourself or an illegal.
E-Verify isn't always work because some employers hired illegal immigrants without report to labor or government, also ICE doesn't perfectly know about where illegal immigrants are from - too big and very red tape.

Broken English? I'm profoundly deaf from born and the English wasn't my first language, so American Sign Language (ASL) was my first language and very fluent in those language. I'm US citizen and was born in North Carolina. I know about my English isn't perfect and I'm currently university student at university so I used writing center frequently to help with my English for research paper, essay and projects.

I can't believe about you made a poor judgment about me.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
If that were true, there's more of them on this forum...
Yes, I don't judging on member's English skill and some people have poor English for some reason, including some citizens who born in US.

For me - see my post (#32) and I have problem with English because of delayed learning, English wasn't my first language and learning disability in reading.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
E-Verify isn't always work because some employers hired illegal immigrants without report to labor or government, also ICE doesn't perfectly know about where illegal immigrants are from - too big and very red tape.

Broken English? I'm profoundly deaf from born and the English wasn't my first language, so American Sign Language (ASL) was my first language and very fluent in those language. I'm US citizen and was born in North Carolina. I know about my English isn't perfect and I'm currently university student at university so I used writing center frequently to help with my English for research paper, essay and projects.

I can't believe about you made a poor judgment about me.
Poor judgement, my apologies.

E-verify will work for the most part and limit where an illegal may obtain work under the table to much smaller companies and the ag industry. Those particular companies can be much greater scrutinized by both the IRS looking for anomalies and local business inspectors. This would focus resources where they will have the biggest impact. It would also force the ag industry to use the H2A visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or