U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 PM

6,009 posts, read 4,961,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Don't TRY to cross the border illegally then. Sheesh!
Maybe someday you'll get around to wondering why people are still willing to risk it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Maybe someday you'll get around to wondering why people are still willing to risk it.
I don't care. Mexico ain't poor. People there ain't dying of starvation. Let that place take care of its own. Sheesh!

Old 12-24-2013, 06:42 AM

31,915 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't care. Mexico ain't poor. People there ain't dying of starvation. Let that place take care of its own. Sheesh!
Exactly! There is no excuse for them to violate our immigration laws no matter the fake sob stories. Their "risk" might not be an issue so much if it weren't for the fact that they are also harming American lives by doing so. Guess Americans and their real sob stories such as loss of jobs, higher taxes, etc. due to illegal immigration don't matter to some. Only the sob stories of illegal foreigners do.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:42 AM

5,877 posts, read 4,034,505 times
Quote:
Plenty more needs to be said. But to simplify it, if you're saying all this would be a problem, then you're saying the system is broken and what the average American worker is putting in isn't enough to pay for what so many are taking out. That would be a much bigger problem, which the country cannot ignore, amnesty or no.

So you're saying that where the possibility of dying from asphyxiation or heatstroke (not to speak of the ordeal of sneaking in itself) has failed to serve as the deterrent, more consistent deportation and/or jail time will succeed?
I'm not necessarily talking about deterrent per se. What I mean is if we enforce the laws there will be less illegals here because we would be A)doing a better job securing the leaky holes in the border and B)deporting more illegals. Would illegals be deterred? Maybe, maybe not but I'm not hung up deterrence so much as I am on enforcing the laws. We have a moral obligation to enforce the law in this nation in a fair and equitable way. We are failing in this regard.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:12 AM

6,009 posts, read 4,961,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! There is no excuse for them to violate our immigration laws no matter the fake sob stories.
How did you go about deciding the "sob stories" are fake? Just curious...

To the forum in general:

The problem with basing your judgments of right and wrong on the law of the land is that it could become a dangerous habit, or else expose a very real bias should the law ever require something of you that you personally do not feel is just (because it hurts you directly and you actually realize it). Then, I'm sure we would not be hearing "Well, it's the law, so it needs to be upheld".

Old 12-24-2013, 08:17 AM

659 posts, read 983,427 times
Democrats need more votes.

Ya'll know that they don't have to sign up for Obamacare right?

Old 12-24-2013, 02:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,237,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
I throw the BS Flag! that 60% of Americans support illegal criminals. Until, these criminals wave the American flag and WANT to be American citizens WITHOUT anything in it for them, I say, get the hell out of our country..

Wait, god forbid, something happens to one of you're loved ones, and the illegal criminal who committed the crime skips out and leaves back to his or her bun hole s#$t of a country and your left with no justice, I bet your tune supporting these people will change faster then a jack rabbit on a date. that's why, it's Homeland Security issue..
Illegal criminals get sent to jail. Most Americans don't object to this.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
The "oh-so-horrible" was to mock all the people here trying to make illegal immigration the crime of the century.
Those people are foreigners and/or uneducated.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We punish American lawbreakers, don't we? So why is it deemed cruel to punish illegal alien lawbreakers? So it's a moral issue not to grant citizenship to them? How so?

I will repeat we need the jobs they are holding and unemployed Americans would in turn be paying into our tax coffers. Shall we just levy a tax on American lawbreakers rather than justice being applied? Every crime committed has its price. In the case of illegal immigration our laws state they should be deported. The punishment fits the crime. Someone is missing the point that we don't need these illegals here we need the jobs they are holding so how does levying a tax against them fix that?

So foreigners here in violation of our immigration laws should have a right to compete for jobs against Americans and "may the best man win"? We don't have enough competition for jobs between Americans themselves? Uh, the choices between prospective American job seekers is usually about the one with the best qualifications already.
This is a good example of a foreigner coming into this nation and not willing to learn about the US. Oldglory, please learn about our country if you're going to live here.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:23 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is a good example of a foreigner coming into this nation and not willing to learn about the US. Oldglory, please learn about our country if you're going to live here.
Uh; Oldglory IS an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or