U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 06:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,432,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Oldglory IS an American.
My apologies then. Her unfamiliarity with the United States makes it come off as she is a foreigner. Perhaps she didn't go to school here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 06:12 PM

32,432 posts, read 14,937,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
My apologies then. Her unfamiliarity with the United States makes it come off as she is a foreigner. Perhaps she didn't go to school here.
I'm not a she but a he and please explain what I wrote in my post that would indicate that I come off as a foreinger. I was born in the U.S., attended school here and am a senior citizen. I am quite familiar with the U.S. as I have never left it and grew up here.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm not a she but a he and please explain what I wrote in my post that would indicate that I come off as a foreinger. I was born in the U.S., attended school here and am a senior citizen. I am quite familiar with the U.S. as I have never left it and grew up here.
You refer to illegal immigration as a crime.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:52 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,458,794 times
Quote:
Getting the 1st time in the US illegally is a misdemeanor. Getting caught a 2ND time IS a felony. Too; look at all the crimes illegals commit to live in the US like fake SSN's, not reporting taxes and so on. All felonies.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
We have immigration laws. Violating our laws is a crime. Let's not try to whitewash it, shall we?

Old 12-27-2013, 09:25 AM

878 posts, read 979,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Doesn't matter what Americans say..it's what Congress passes and the President signs.
It does matter because those in Congress and the White House who do the opposite of what the people want will find themselves no longer working in Congress or the White House.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 AM

878 posts, read 979,346 times
Quote:
Never left it, no wonder you have so much ignorance and fear towards those from elsewhere.

Quote:
So foreigners here in violation of our immigration laws should have a right to compete for jobs against Americans and "may the best man win"? We don't have enough competition for jobs between Americans themselves? Uh, the choices between prospective American job seekers is usually about the one with the best qualifications already.
Yes. The concept of "American jobs" is complete crap. Jobs are jobs and should be available to the best workers that want them, not just the ones who happened to be born in a certain area. More competition is ALWAYS a good thing for society overall.

Last edited by JoulesMSU; 12-27-2013 at 09:40 AM..

Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
We have immigration laws. Violating our laws is a crime. Let's not try to whitewash it, shall we?
I thought you said you went to school here. Anyone with an elementary level education from the United states knows the difference between a civil violation and a criminal violation. Being an illegal immigrant is a civil violation. It is not a crime.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I thought you said you went to school here. Anyone with an elementary level education from the United states knows the difference between a civil violation and a criminal violation. Being an illegal immigrant is a civil violation. It is not a crime.
You can stop with your insinuations that I'm stupid, thanks. Doesn't matter if it is civil or criminal coming here illegally is a violation of our immigration laws. Once deported and to return again is a felony. Again, you seem to want to whitewash illegal entry into our country by splitting hairs over terminology.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
You can stop with your insinuations that I'm stupid, thanks. Doesn't matter if it is civil or criminal coming here illegally is a violation of our immigration laws. Once deported and to return again is a felony. Again, you seem to want to whitewash illegal entry into our country by splitting hairs.
No one is saying that you're stupid. You seem to be getting defensive about nothing.

No one is whitewashing illegal entry into this country either. I'm just pointing out to you that you are going about it incorrectly. Being an illegal immigrant, in itself, is not a crime. This is not a minor distinction and the fact that you want to make a joke out our country's legal system and constitution is very concerning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or